Darlington V Rushall

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

don'tbuythesun
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Rushall

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:59 pm

We can't fry any fish until the next game. I think it's reasonable for owners of the club to ask for updates on all our missing or injured players in a match review.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:02 pm

CrazyDarlo wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:54 pm
bga wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:40 pm
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:38 pm
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:26 am
tdk1 wrote:
None of these signings have been good, but the mustoe revisionism is a bit baffling.
My point is, that even Mustoe who is nowhere to be seen for reasons unknown to us, is a better option than Whinfield. Which just makes this loan signing even more baffling.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
Reasons unknown to us? We’ve literally been told by our manager that the lad is injured.
Not according to each match preview where we are updated regards injured players. Who do you believe?
Obviously you believe our manager, honestly why are we so bothered about 1 small piece of information missing on the match previews. Have we not got bigger fish to fry?
Disagree, it's all part of the s*** storm that's going on in the club at the moment. If we have a contracted player who can't even make the match day squad then we are wasting money. Just let the fans know what's really happening to him.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:04 pm

bga wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:02 pm
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:54 pm
bga wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:40 pm
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:38 pm
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:26 am
My point is, that even Mustoe who is nowhere to be seen for reasons unknown to us, is a better option than Whinfield. Which just makes this loan signing even more baffling.

Reasons unknown to us? We’ve literally been told by our manager that the lad is injured.
Not according to each match preview where we are updated regards injured players. Who do you believe?
Obviously you believe our manager, honestly why are we so bothered about 1 small piece of information missing on the match previews. Have we not got bigger fish to fry?
Disagree, it's all part of the s*** storm that's going on in the club at the moment. If we have a contracted player who can't even make the match day squad then we are wasting money. Just let the fans know what's really happening to him.
Which Josh Gowling has done.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:21 pm

You obviously believe him. I and others do not let's leave it there.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:34 pm

bga wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:21 pm
The Taylor and Sukar situations tell us that the manager says one thing but the grapevine (often coming from people who know) tells us something to the contrary.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:48 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:34 pm
bga wrote:
The Taylor and Sukar situations tell us that the manager says one thing but the grapevine (often coming from people who know) tells us something to the contrary.
What situations? You mean dropping poorly performing players?

The_Natural

Post by The_Natural » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:50 pm

Heaton out wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:13 pm
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:01 pm
At the end of the day Gowlings signings have been just awful,barring a couple. I cannot see us surviving if he remains in charge and if the board stick with him next season really think the BTB will be a disaster.

And AA’s were great and he spent the 160k well????

Stop saying AA wasted 160k!…..that we just the boost the budget figure….he actually wasted much more of that to build a bottom of the table team

Quakers2009

Post by Quakers2009 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:14 pm

CrazyDarlo wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:48 pm
loan_star wrote:
bga wrote:
And trying to sell them?

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:14 pm

Mustoe is actually injured 💯 I asked the question
The answer was he is injured that from the is from club

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:20 pm

So are you saying the manager is lying then? You're saying he says one thing but others in the know are correct? Very strange. Now we've got Mustoe's injured and Mustoe's going. Honestly you couldn't make it up......oh, maybe you could!!

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:34 pm

Quakers2009 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:14 pm
CrazyDarlo wrote:
loan_star wrote:
bga wrote:
And trying to sell them?
We’ve got to judge the manager on actual events not completely baseless rumours.
Separate point, let’s look at Sukar, he was poor performing player, particular at Tamworth. He’s taken him out of the team, brought Burton in who helped us get results while he was here. Now Sukar is back in the team and looks rejuvenated. That’s very good management of a player.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:41 pm

CrazyDarlo wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:34 pm
Quakers2009 wrote:
CrazyDarlo wrote:
loan_star wrote:
bga wrote:
And trying to sell them?
We’ve got to judge the manager on actual events not completely baseless rumours.
Separate point, let’s look at Sukar, he was poor performing player, particular at Tamworth. He’s taken him out of the team, brought Burton in who helped us get results while he was here. Now Sukar is back in the team and looks rejuvenated. That’s very good management of a player.
Except if Gowling had got his way, Sukar would have been away before Burton was recalled.

Lallacab

Post by Lallacab » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:25 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:41 pm
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:
CrazyDarlo wrote:
loan_star wrote:

And trying to sell them?
Except if Gowling had got his way, Sukar would have been away before Burton was recalled.
For me you’d have Burton in the side all day before Sukur

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:31 pm

CrazyDarlo wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:
CrazyDarlo wrote:
loan_star wrote:
bga wrote:
And trying to sell them?
And like loan_star has said, Gowling had repeatedly tried to get rid of Sukar before bringing him back once Burton had been recalled/Lawlor got injured.

Similarly, he did this with Tommy Taylor.

Ironic that Gowling is now relying on Sukar who, like you pointed out, is now back in the team & playing well.

You could call that good management. I would call it not having a clue.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:39 pm

Lallacab wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:25 pm
loan_star wrote:
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:
CrazyDarlo wrote:

And trying to sell them?
Agreed, I would. But he was always liable to be recalled so why try and shift out the person you would have to rely on should that happen?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:54 pm

I know you don't like it 97 but Gowling is the manager. Managers pick their best team from the players they have available, depending on fitness, attitude, who the opposition is, all sorts of stuff.

Players have to constantly work to try and keep form. Players get picked and dropped from time to time. Managers trade players, that's football.

There's nothing ironic about Sukar playing now, circumstances change.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:10 pm

loan_star wrote:
Lallacab wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:25 pm
loan_star wrote:
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:
And trying to sell them?
Agreed, I would. But he was always liable to be recalled so why try and shift out the person you would have to rely on should that happen?
Sukar AND Lees both had very solid games against Warrington and Rushall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:20 pm

Michael Coulsen just been released by Scarborough wants more game time always seems a good goal scorer

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:29 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:54 pm
I know you don't like it 97 but Gowling is the manager. Managers pick their best team from the players they have available, depending on fitness, attitude, who the opposition is, all sorts of stuff.

Players have to constantly work to try and keep form. Players get picked and dropped from time to time. Managers trade players, that's football.

I agree, a lot of what you have said is spot on.

However, there is a difference between getting dropped from time to time, and then actively trying to get rid of someone.

It happened with Taylor, too. And Lees. Some of these players look absolutely shot to pieces, and it is sad to see.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:24 am

I think the body language from Moke in his post match interview shows how much the defeats/draws are getting to the players and it is heart breaking. The guy is Mr postivity and super enthusiastic with fans,staff etc but his demeanour is on the floor(or under the floorboards) , along with the rest of the team we need some positivity bringing in and that means wins. Unfortunately I cannot see JG or DR bringing that positivity creativity despite his soundbites and their inevitable replacement next year (so difficult for the board to stick or twist) will be too late(unless divine intervention occurs from the euro lottery) .
The hardcore 1000 supporters we will continue supporting financially and physically as always thru thick and thin but if Moke is so down there is little hope for the rest of us miserable bastards.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:04 am

Darlopartisan wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:37 pm
The only solution I can see is JG to go, a new manager brought in, a mini boost the budget to give him funds to get us out of this mess
If the club is going to act I think it will be this week.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:46 am

poppyfield wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:04 am
Darlopartisan wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:37 pm
The only solution I can see is JG to go, a new manager brought in, a mini boost the budget to give him funds to get us out of this mess
If the club is going to act I think it will be this week.
I'd be very shocked if the club did anything about the management team.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:47 am

eddie-rowles wrote:I think the body language from Moke in his post match interview shows how much the defeats/draws are getting to the players and it is heart breaking. The guy is Mr postivity and super enthusiastic with fans,staff etc but his demeanour is on the floor(or under the floorboards) , along with the rest of the team we need some positivity bringing in and that means wins. Unfortunately I cannot see JG or DR bringing that positivity creativity despite his soundbites and their inevitable replacement next year (so difficult for the board to stick or twist) will be too late(unless divine intervention occurs from the euro lottery) .
The hardcore 1000 supporters we will continue supporting financially and physically as always thru thick and thin but if Moke is so down there is little hope for the rest of us miserable bastards.
I don't think I have ever seen a player look so down as Adriano was in that interview.Really worrying tbh.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:54 am

Love him. My favourite player last season and this (less competition this season). Never gives up and never loses possession cheaply

DavidCurriesMullet

Post by DavidCurriesMullet » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:07 am

Quakers2009 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:03 pm
Heaton out wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:47 pm
Quakers2009 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:44 pm
Heaton out wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:40 pm
Quakers2009 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:38 pm

It was time for AA to leave & some of his signings were poor, but JG has tried to rip up the place.

After nine new signings since September, we are starting only one of them.

Looking at performances over the previous two games, can we honestly say that overhauling throughout October was needed?
Yes 100% as the rot started post Xmas last season
You've said 100% to something that has already happened and we are no better off.

We are 2-4-7, and now we are back to playing four of five players that JG tried to get rid of.

i still maintain that a good coach would have stopped the rot and made only two or three additions - nothing inspiring but something like a record of 5-3-5 - like Watson did at Chester.
No better off, AA spent 160k I’ll repeat how much has JG spent??
160k should have allowed us to compete well at least, JG has been left with a mess, wake up! The club has been left in a mess that Fergie couldn’t fix let alone JG
Do you seriously think that a top-quality coach wouldn't get more out of these players?

You keep asking how much Gowling has spent, as if to imply he hasn't spent much, but if Asante fulfils his contract until the end of the season then I'd hazard a guess and say that you're looking at about £30k there alone, and that's before you look at the wages for Robson, Rowe, Hannah, Burton, Winfield, Ngandu, Lindley, Simms.
Doubt we paid very much, if any of the wages for Robson, Hannah, Burton, Winfield and Simms. Rowe, Lindley and Ngandu will be on peanuts. Whatever you say, Armstrong left us with a squad with no creativity, and a centre forward who wanted away, and who quite a few "fans" had turned on. Addressing a lack of creativity at this point in the season is extremely difficult unless you are going to splash good money. We should have won the last 2 games - the manager set us up with a system to win those games. The players missed the chances to do so (would another manager have improved their finishing somehow?), and again, 2 mistakes cost us. Those mistakes have happened throughout AA's reign as well - that there were only 1 in each game is an improvement. Taylor is a very good reaction keeper, but whenever he has to make a judgement call, he struggles. This is not a lack of confidence due to the manager dropping him - it's been a constant during his time here, and the reason he hasn't played a level up. Twice he confidently shouted "Keepers" - the first time before catching the ball 2 foot outside his area, the second before being caught in no-mans land for the equaliser. What this now does is make a defence that had started to look more secure have less confidence in his calls. Tuesday he was unlucky - 99 times out of 100 the forward slams that shot into the ground and it soars over the bar. Saturday, the 2 points dropped was down to him. They would never have scored other than that error of judgement. Would another manager have meant he didn't make that mistake? Not on previous evidence.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:09 am

While there is plenty of stick for JG, including me to be honest, but the one thing that I have noticed is that several players have mentioned the training being good, in fact seem to remember Hatfield being very complementary about what they were now doing. Could it be that JG is still learning and currently hampered by squad restrictions especially in forward positions, lack of confidence among the players, and short of leaders / organisers on the pitch.
Suppose time will tell, although the time is running out.

DavidCurriesMullet

Post by DavidCurriesMullet » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:25 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:29 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

However, there is a difference between getting dropped from time to time, and then actively trying to get rid of someone.

It happened with Taylor, too. And Lees. Some of these players look absolutely shot to pieces, and it is sad to see.
Sukar and Lees have been absolutely fine since coming back in. Shot to pieces........

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:32 am

DavidCurriesMullet wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:07 am
Quakers2009 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:

You've said 100% to something that has already happened and we are no better off.

We are 2-4-7, and now we are back to playing four of five players that JG tried to get rid of.

i still maintain that a good coach would have stopped the rot and made only two or three additions - nothing inspiring but something like a record of 5-3-5 - like Watson did at Chester.
160k should have allowed us to compete well at least, JG has been left with a mess, wake up! The club has been left in a mess that Fergie couldn’t fix let alone JG
Do you seriously think that a top-quality coach wouldn't get more out of these players?

You keep asking how much Gowling has spent, as if to imply he hasn't spent much, but if Asante fulfils his contract until the end of the season then I'd hazard a guess and say that you're looking at about £30k there alone, and that's before you look at the wages for Robson, Rowe, Hannah, Burton, Winfield, Ngandu, Lindley, Simms.
Doubt we paid very much, if any of the wages for Robson, Hannah, Burton, Winfield and Simms. Rowe, Lindley and Ngandu will be on peanuts. Whatever you say, Armstrong left us with a squad with no creativity, and a centre forward who wanted away, and who quite a few "fans" had turned on. Addressing a lack of creativity at this point in the season is extremely difficult unless you are going to splash good money. We should have won the last 2 games - the manager set us up with a system to win those games. The players missed the chances to do so (would another manager have improved their finishing somehow?), and again, 2 mistakes cost us. Those mistakes have happened throughout AA's reign as well - that there were only 1 in each game is an improvement. Taylor is a very good reaction keeper, but whenever he has to make a judgement call, he struggles. This is not a lack of confidence due to the manager dropping him - it's been a constant during his time here, and the reason he hasn't played a level up. Twice he confidently shouted "Keepers" - the first time before catching the ball 2 foot outside his area, the second before being caught in no-mans land for the equaliser. What this now does is make a defence that had started to look more secure have less confidence in his calls. Tuesday he was unlucky - 99 times out of 100 the forward slams that shot into the ground and it soars over the bar. Saturday, the 2 points dropped was down to him. They would never have scored other than that error of judgement. Would another manager have meant he didn't make that mistake? Not on previous evidence.
This ⬆️ is an excellent post. It was heartbreaking to see us only pick up 1 point on Saturday when it could have and should have been 3.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quakers2009

Post by Quakers2009 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:00 pm

Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:07 am
Quakers2009 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:
Heaton out wrote:

Rowe, Lindley & Ngandu will not be on peanuts in the grand scheme of things - they all were Midlands based upon signing and we are now paying for accommodation for out-of-area players.

Hazel also did not want to leave prior to Gowling's arrival, and you also mention a lack-of-creativity when we sold Kaine Felix to Peterborough Sports & sent Finlay Barnes back to York.

There's no part of the league table which says 'we should have won' - we have played well against two very poor sides but have fallen short because our best chances are falling to Griffiths & Rivers - this is a bi-product of poor decision making/recruitment and ironically those who are playing well/creating chances/scoring goals are Alun's signings - some of whom Gowling has tried to get rid of!

And by the way, Rushall Olympic were missing their very-own NLN top-goalscorer Danny Waldron on Saturday - so that is certainly food for thought.

Regarding Tommy Taylor, in the many appearances he's had for us, I have never once seen him beaten to the ball like that - I think that's the sign of a goalkeeper either being told to be more commanding by the management team or he is listening too much to the know-nouts that are saying he isn't commanding his area enough.

Quakers2009

Post by Quakers2009 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:01 pm

Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:25 am
Darlofan97 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:29 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Sukar and Lees have been absolutely fine since coming back in. Shot to pieces........
All Sukar is doing is proving Gowling wrong.