Darlo v Chester

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

eddie-rowles
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:51 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlo v Chester

Post by eddie-rowles » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:17 am

JG" we have come on leaps and bounds,since Evenwood Utd game, we have improved team confidence, we get an early goal against Chester it will make us comfortable on the ball" "we can make BM a fortress" is this guy smoking something he shouldn't be , as reality is not his strongest point data or no data???

Heaton out
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by Heaton out » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:41 am

eddie-rowles wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:17 am
JG" we have come on leaps and bounds,since Evenwood Utd game, we have improved team confidence, we get an early goal against Chester it will make us comfortable on the ball" "we can make BM a fortress" is this guy smoking something he shouldn't be , as reality is not his strongest point data or no data???
Yes he is massively exaggerating Eddie but, it wouldnt look good or bode well if he said we are crap and have no hope would it!

Lets get behind the lads and hope for 3pts, if I'm honest I'm not to hopeful but, ill be there supporting the lads

Old Git
Posts: 3273
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by Old Git » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:54 am

Our 9th attempt to win a home league game this season, and it doesn’t look an easy opportunity against an inform Chester side. To put it into perspective, in the disastrous relegation season of 2009/2010, under Todd and Staunton we won our 7th and 8th home league games, so our current home form is worse than then.
Listening to the pre match interview, doesn’t fill me with much confidence, as Josh seems to be just dishing out a lot of worn out phrases, such as making BM a fortress and the crowd being the twelfth man etc. I really hoped that he was going to make a positive difference, but so far he has come across as a nice guy and a good talker, but I have my doubts about his ability to get the results we need. He still has time, and Farsley was a boost, but I think we need to win 2 of our next 4 league games to have much hope of mounting a realistic survival bid in the New Year.

Heaton out
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by Heaton out » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:03 am

Old Git wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:54 am
Our 9th attempt to win a home league game this season, and it doesn’t look an easy opportunity against an inform Chester side. To put it into perspective, in the disastrous relegation season of 2009/2010, under Todd and Staunton we won our 7th and 8th home league games, so our current home form is worse than then.
Listening to the pre match interview, doesn’t fill me with much confidence, as Josh seems to be just dishing out a lot of worn out phrases, such as making BM a fortress and the crowd being the twelfth man etc. I really hoped that he was going to make a positive difference, but so far he has come across as a nice guy and a good talker, but I have my doubts about his ability to get the results we need. He still has time, and Farsley was a boost, but I think we need to win 2 of our next 4 league games to have much hope of mounting a realistic survival bid in the New Year.
Well summed up, I too believe we must win 2 of our next 4 at least otherwise the writing is very much on the wall!

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 14121
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:16 pm

IHope springs eternal. I've been working on the South coast, so I'm leaving my hotel at 4-30am to get back for the game, a total of 340miles!!!

lo36789
Posts: 10988
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by lo36789 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:32 pm

Tomorrow is a bit of a free hit for me. If we get a point it will be unexpected.

It's not a game I have earmarked as where I expect us to pick up points I am looking at the following 10 games rather than the next 2.

Chester have kept 5 clean sheets in their last 5 games...how many games have we won in 2023?

LoidLucan
Posts: 4580
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:01 pm

Realistically, defeats look fairly nailed on in the next two league games and the Trophy match as our problems with scoring and defending continue. The problem then is trying to break the cycle of losing when easier games (on paper) come along. Confidence and belief is already on the floor. What we'll need on Saturday is for Chester to take their eye off the ball with a bit of complacency as they face their easiest game of the season. Here's hoping.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 14121
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:23 pm

Perhaps Chester will be thinking about the FA Cup replay at York next Tuesday.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 6788
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:05 pm

I doubt we'll pick up any points tomorrow. However I really hope that if things do go sour the atmosphere doesn't turn toxic like it did a few years back.

If it does it will be so counterproductive in many ways.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Old Git
Posts: 3273
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by Old Git » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:18 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:05 pm
I doubt we'll pick up any points tomorrow. However I really hope that if things do go sour the atmosphere doesn't turn toxic like it did a few years back.

If it does it will be so counterproductive in many ways.
To be honest, I detect a fair degree of resignation amongst the fans I talk to that relegation is, if not inevitable, then an extremely likely outcome this season. Of course we all maintain a degree of hope with 30 games to play and lots of points at stake, but I sense that a lot of our supporters are not expecting us to stay up. Therefore, I think apathy is a more likely response than things turning toxic. Neither scenario would be good.

LoidLucan
Posts: 4580
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:26 pm

There was some mutterings, booing and shouts aimed towards the dugouts at the last home game and unfortunately I can only see that becoming more vocal if we're two or three goals down and once again failing to show signs of positive progress. It's not going to help but it's not really surprising

onewayup
Posts: 2871
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by onewayup » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:17 pm

I would never advocate mutiny on any scale,we have enough problems on the field without some idiot fans making it toxic, I am not happy with the situation but I am a Darlington fc supporter and no matter what I will continue to support the team to the fullest, we are Darlington FC we have been here before and come through.lets stick together and maybe things will turn for the better.
We all have an opinion everyone is entitled to one let us just back the lads from here on and hopefully it comes right.👍

PierremontQuaker03
Posts: 2192
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:37 pm

I've just listened to the JG interview and he sounds like a beaten man. Lets face it, it's been an awful start to his reign, he's not been able to turn it around. We desperately need a new striker, and nothing has happened this week which is deeply frustrating. A few weeks ago there was talk of a mid season boost the budget, but nothing has happened which is strange. In my opinion DJ is close to to giving JG the bullet - DJ almost said he would fall on his sword if we got relegated, so maybe it might be one case of twist as a last throw the dice. Our situation is looking like Telford's from last season, they got a really experienced manager in (Kevin Wilkin) and he couldn't turn it around as they were to far adrift.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

onewayup
Posts: 2871
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by onewayup » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:26 pm

Adrift,a word I wouldn't have thought possible for Darlington with the BTB funding along with the normal players budget. However here we are ,josh took the job knowing that he was going to find it very hard, I think Josh changed it with to many changes to quickly so no settled side ,
I am willing the team to go out and show what they can do ,but it's got to be with two front men, Jacob needs a target man to help him ,he cannot do it himself, fingers crossed for tomorrow.and a lot of hope .

Darlopartisan
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:03 am

Lot of negativity about going into this match, looking forward to the game, should be nice sunny day, today could be the day our season turns, so come on get behind the lads 👍

EDJOHNS
Posts: 1633
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:25 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:16 pm
IHope springs eternal. I've been working on the South coast, so I'm leaving my hotel at 4-30am to get back for the game, a total of 340miles!!!
Go on then, I will have a guess.
Somewhere between Lyme Regis and Torquay.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 1633
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:35 am

onewayup wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:17 pm
I would never advocate mutiny on any scale,we have enough problems on the field without some idiot fans making it toxic, I am not happy with the situation but I am a Darlington fc supporter and no matter what I will continue to support the team to the fullest, we are Darlington FC we have been here before and come through.lets stick together and maybe things will turn for the better.
We all have an opinion everyone is entitled to one let us just back the lads from here on and hopefully it comes right.👍
Sorry, I have been following Darlo since early 1951 and have seen far worse than this, but calling fellow Darlo fans "idiots" if they let their feelings known is not on.
This board itself, since JG took over has had a lot of what I would call "toxic" posts and comments. Do you honestly believe that no one from inside the club reads them? So are they not allowed to express those opinions on here either?
Don't get me wrong, I have never in my life booed a Darlo player while they were wearing my shirt. My belief is that "supporters" support no matter what, but you can't call people idiots simply because they are upset and annoyed. Now if they run on the pitch, spit at people etc feel free but you are complaining about others going overboard, yet you are doing it yourself in the same comment.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 7141
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by loan_star » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:04 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:35 am
onewayup wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:17 pm
I would never advocate mutiny on any scale,we have enough problems on the field without some idiot fans making it toxic, I am not happy with the situation but I am a Darlington fc supporter and no matter what I will continue to support the team to the fullest, we are Darlington FC we have been here before and come through.lets stick together and maybe things will turn for the better.
We all have an opinion everyone is entitled to one let us just back the lads from here on and hopefully it comes right.👍
Sorry, I have been following Darlo since early 1951 and have seen far worse than this, but calling fellow Darlo fans "idiots" if they let their feelings known is not on.
This board itself, since JG took over has had a lot of what I would call "toxic" posts and comments. Do you honestly believe that no one from inside the club reads them? So are they not allowed to express those opinions on here either?
Don't get me wrong, I have never in my life booed a Darlo player while they were wearing my shirt. My belief is that "supporters" support no matter what, but you can't call people idiots simply because they are upset and annoyed. Now if they run on the pitch, spit at people etc feel free but you are complaining about others going overboard, yet you are doing it yourself in the same comment.
Likewise, I would never boo any player who is in the squad. I also want us to win every game no matter if I rate the manager or not. I was pleased for Josh that we won last week and hoped that it was the start of an upturn, Tuesday put paid to that however so the pressure is back on him to prove me wrong.

Darlopartisan
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:48 pm

Hazel on the bench Nelson and Rivers start

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2846
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:54 pm

Still playing Hedley at LB and Sukar not even on the bench.Something not right here and I think questions need to be asked.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk


tdk1
Posts: 2488
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by tdk1 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:57 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:54 pm
Still playing Hedley at LB and Sukar not even on the bench.Something not right here and I think questions need to be asked.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
I think the question I would ask is this: is there any configuration of players people wouldn't claim is somehow leaving out a vital asset? People were saying basically the same about hedley a month ago.

Darlopartisan
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:21 pm

1 up own goal

joejaques
Posts: 3066
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by joejaques » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:23 pm

That's what we need, an own goal. Any port in a storm. :D :roll:
Image

joejaques
Posts: 3066
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by joejaques » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:44 pm

Whoo Hooo 2 up, am U dreaming? :D :lol: :roll:
Image

joejaques
Posts: 3066
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by joejaques » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:48 pm

As Long John Baldry sang, "What Have I Been Drinking" 3-0 :D :roll:
Image

User avatar
Lawman3
Posts: 1314
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:47 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by Lawman3 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:56 pm

Really fussy ref. I can see one team going down to ten men.

We’re a different team when we take the lead.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

darlo reborn
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:44 pm

Squeaky bum time now 3-2 75th min

joejaques
Posts: 3066
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by joejaques » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:12 pm

3-2 win, 33/1 with Betfred :D :roll:
Image

bga
Posts: 2293
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by bga » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:21 pm

joejaques wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:12 pm
3-2 win, 33/1 with Betfred :D :roll:
Did you place a bet? Fair play to the team and management, off the bottom and now potentially 6 points from safety if you allow for current goal difference we probably need that extra point.
On to Tuesday now.

Wiseacre
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Re: Darlo v Chester

Post by Wiseacre » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:31 pm

Full marks to the management. A really encouraging outcome and I was glad to see Rivers getting a start, as far as I'm concerned he's a gutsy attack minded player who can score goals. If JG can live with the pressure as well as he seems to who knows what can happen next - six points out of nine which should have been at least seven. That's our best form of the season - we can travel with hope to Chorley. :thumbup:

Post Reply