Mustoe gone

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Mustoe gone

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:26 pm

Gone by mutual consent
Last edited by Darlopartisan on Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyPark

Re: Mustoe

Post by AndyPark » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:30 pm

Just after he’s come back from injury as well, bloody typical! :roll:

The_Natural

Re: Mustoe

Post by The_Natural » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:31 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:30 pm
Just after he’s come back from injury as well, bloody typical! :roll:
:lol:

Quakers2009

Re: Mustoe gone

Post by Quakers2009 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:51 pm

:lol:

Let me guess - he's not been seen since the Kings Lynn fixture, nor reported on - omitted from all matchday previews and the latest injury update - announced (after being asked) that he has a rib injury at the fans-forum, and now he has left by mutual-consent after both left-sided defenders Burton & Winfield have departed.

OK.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:18 pm

Quakers2009 wrote:Image

Let me guess - he's not been seen since the Kings Lynn fixture, nor reported on - omitted from all matchday previews and the latest injury update - announced (after being asked) that he has a rib injury at the fans-forum, and now he has left by mutual-consent after both left-sided defenders Burton & Winfield have departed.

OK.
Really don't think he has been given a fair crack of the whip tbh, thought he was decent and now we have no left footed left backs with the exception of Sukar.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

bga

Post by bga » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:40 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:18 pm

OK.
Really don't think he has been given a fair crack of the whip tbh, thought he was decent and now we have no left footed left backs with the exception of Sukar.

You don't know that about not being given a fair crack of the whip. None of us know what he was like in training, attitude application etc and probably never will. There was clearly something going on behind the scenes.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:46 pm

bga wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

OK.

You don't know that about not being given a fair crack of the whip. None of us know what he was like in training, attitude application etc and probably never will. There was clearly something going on behind the scenes.
Well it would certainly clear up a lot of guesswork if we had any idea what was "going on behind the scenes" don't you think.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:10 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:46 pm
bga wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

OK.

Well it would certainly clear up a lot of guesswork if we had any idea what was "going on behind the scenes" don't you think.

Totally agree, but all we're going to be told officially by the club is "left by mutual consent."

ralphb

Post by ralphb » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:29 pm

Do we really want to know every little thing that goes on, is it not better that arrangements are kept private, fans owned club or not we dont need to know every little detail of private agreement

Quakers2009

Post by Quakers2009 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:43 pm

I don't think many people actually care about the ins-&-out's but it's quite clear that there's been more to this than just a player suffering a short-term injury.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:13 pm

Quakers2009 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:43 pm
I don't think many people actually care about the ins-&-out's but it's quite clear that there's been more to this than just a player suffering a short-term injury.
Yes, the main thing to it was that he was a 32 year old oddball AA signing and he was just ordinary for us.

Nothing more to it than that, the manager clearly thinks he can replace with better.

In this case, fair enough.

Credit to the player for coming to a deal with the club.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:26 pm

So with Mustoe gone, maybe there’s room to bring another player in. What do we need as priority?
No a full team joke’s please 😀

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:54 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:13 pm
Quakers2009 wrote:
Yes, the main thing to it was that he was a 32 year old oddball AA signing and he was just ordinary for us.

Nothing more to it than that, the manager clearly thinks he can replace with better.

Perfectly summed up👍🏻

The_Natural

Post by The_Natural » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:11 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:

Good balanced post

Once again Gowling left to sift through the last guys shite to get some wiggle room in the budget

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:34 pm

:)
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

OK.

This is true but at the same time Hedley has proven himself to be a more than adequate left back or right back when required.

He's bounced back this season after being frozen out (seems to be everyone's favourite phrase lately) at the start of the season by AA.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:40 pm

The_Natural wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:11 pm
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:

Good balanced post

Once again Gowling left to sift through the last guys shite to get some wiggle room in the budget
AA's summer recruitment wasn't his best it has to be said, but overall he made more good signings than bad ones during his time with us.

You support Josh, I get it, but the constant AA bashing doesn't strengthen your case for JG.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:09 am

Bump

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:36 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:40 pm
The_Natural wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:

Good balanced post

AA's summer recruitment wasn't his best it has to be said, but overall he made more good signings than bad ones during his time with us.

You support Josh, I get it, but the constant AA bashing doesn't strengthen your case for JG.
AA's summer recruitment was dreadful. I know many people don't rate JG, but AA left us deep in the dodo with his crap signings. I can't believe, being such a good forward as he was, he couldn't find us a decent striker in the summer.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:51 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:40 pm
The_Natural wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Quakers2009 wrote:

Good balanced post

AA's summer recruitment was dreadful. I know many people don't rate JG, but AA left us deep in the dodo with his crap signings. I can't believe, being such a good forward as he was, he couldn't find us a decent striker in the summer.
It’s a shame he didn’t think Will Harris was good enough…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:56 am

I was impressed with Mustoe in pre-season, but he didn't look convincing in the league games. Probably the best decision for both club and player