Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: General Election 2019

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:06 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:38 am
EDJOHNS wrote: Yet again this idiot changes totally what I said for his own ends, which is simply to argue and cause trouble.

NO .... " why should this group (let’s say 25-35)", Simply younger kids pay as now, and once they hit the point of EARNING AN ADULT wage, and taking the age of 25 simply as an example when most will have finished Uni or an apprenticeship, (as I said previously), to be the point where they start to pay into some form of pension scheme. I really don't see what is hard to understand about that, unless of course, you just want to continue your previous argument with anything I say.
Putting your thin-skinned paranoia to one side, a lot of people in this thread seem confused by what you’re arguing.

What you’re asking for already happens. When young people start working, they pay National Insurance. And I think pretty much every company by law is required to get its workers to pay into a pension scheme.

So everything you’re arguing for already happens.

Because if you think they don’t, then you’re incorrect and if you think they do then you’re asking for them to pay more. And that too would be morally wrong because, as I keep saying getting poorer younger people to pay more for better off older people’s healthcare is fundamentally an unfair idea.

EDJOHNS wrote: Neither, was I the 1 to say things need to change, I merely said that to change things for older people who have paid in for 40 years or more is wrong morally and the change needs to be aimed more at the starting end of paying in. Too difficult to understand?
So you agree you want to change things for younger people? Good, excellent. That means you did say you want things to change.

There is no contract when it comes to paying National Insurance. It’s a tax based on income and rises and falls in line with Government policy. To increase this based on age would be discriminatory in my opinion.
EDJOHNS wrote: I do wish when you want to discuss with me you would stop changing what I said to fit your latest winge. You did say some time ago you were happy to do so,(Naaa, I can't be arsed to go back and copy-paste to prove my point). So often you take things off at an unneeded tangent just so you can have a dig and show what a lovely chap you are.
If you want to go on about “lovely chap” Ted....

You’re the one who pretended you were dead just to get a laugh out of Darlo_Pete.

And that’s before we get on to your failed takeover of Darlington FC. Don’t be taking the moral high ground because it won’t wash.

The issue is, whenever you’re struggling in an argument you just demonise everyone else you’re arguing against. In this thread, you’ve misunderstood something and taken it as a personal attack. I’m actually trying to have a reasonable conversation with you about and the NHS. I haven’t changed anything you’ve said, I haven’t twisted anything. It’s all quoted directly. Wind down the outrage and actually try discussing things instead of attacking others when they don’t agree with you.
No doubt you believe the garbage you write. Funny how so many people take you to task for twisting things yet it is, according to you,always the other person doing the twisting.

PLEASE, put up any hard EVIDENCE to support this.

"If you want to go on about “lovely chap” Ted....

You’re the one who pretended you were dead just to get a laugh out of Darlo_Pete.

And that’s before we get on to your failed takeover of Darlington FC. Don’t be taking the moral high ground because it won’t wash."

Going on past evidence, I am sure the admins will be happy to block me if you have a single shred of real evidence.

If not, admins, could you please ask this nut case to desist as he spoils thread after thread with his waffling.
Classic - abusive comments on mental health and crying to the teacher when you’re called out.

1. On the Solihull Moors thread, you repeatedly brought up they were funded through their car park. Over on Facebook, Ted Forster made exactly the same point at exactly the same time.

2. Darlo_Pete, who you humiliated during your self-indulgent aborted takeover, refers to you as Ted on the Rugby League thread.

3. You’ve never denied it. And others, without my intervention, have reached the same conclusion.

4. If you’re not Ted Forster, why would you know admins have repeatedly shut down your accounts?

5. Ted Forster on Facebook supports Hull KR. EDJOHNS in the Rugby League thread also supports Hull KR.

6. You’ve said you’re 70 and have worked in hospitality/tourism in Europe. Both the ages and working sectors tally up with you being Ted Forster (I’ve checked Northern Echo articles on your aborted takeover).
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:19 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:51 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Fatty eats roadkill wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:17 pm
Gramps is right though. You’ve flip flopped more than a flip flop factory!
Care to answer what I said earlier about removing the right to strike then being unable to take the Government to court?
That’s more insidious and dangerous than getting the young to pay more for you. Have a good think about what that means.
I have not flip flopped, I took it as read,(silly me) that people would understand I meant the young carry on as now until the point where they have to increase contributions. Likewise, I did not as pop says say 15-25 I simply, at all times, used 25 as a theoretical starting point for people to start paying more.
Having paid in for 50 years and luckily never claimed unemployment benefit, (don't forget either that in my day there was no such thing as maternity leave for men), I rather take exception to anyone saying the young are paying for any treatment I have now. Having paid in, as directed, no not directed, as taken from me with no option by the government for the entirety of my working life I kept my part of the "agreement", (or whatever you want to call it). I am entitled to now receive treatment as and when required.
There is no agreement or contract. You pay/have paid National Insurance like everyone else. Because you’re so arrogant and self-entitled, you seem to think doing what everyone else has done grants you special privileges. It doesn’t. The NHS is free at the point of use for everyone.

Young people pay National Insurance which is used today fund the NHS. If you’re older, as you’ve said you are, and use the NHS, asking young people to pay more means you want them to contribute more to your healthcare.

The point you refuse to answer, because you can’t, is there’s no logic or fairness in asking poorer young people to pay for the healthcare of better off, wealthier older people who use the NHS more.

All I’ve said is this fundamentally unfair. You don’t like it, but that’s because you’re so thin-skinned and paranoid, you see disagreement as a personal attack.

"There is no agreement or contract. You pay/have paid National Insurance like everyone else. Because you’re so arrogant and self-entitled, you seem to think doing what everyone else has done grants you special privileges. It doesn’t. The NHS is free at the point of use for everyone."

Yet again I loosely termed it a "contract"...... I was told, as were all others that we had to pay these taxes and in return we received as needed. In my case that was from age 15.3/4 to 65. Seems fairly much like a verbal contract to me. You want to disagree? Not really interested.

"Young people pay National Insurance which is used today fund the NHS. If you’re older, as you’ve said you are, and use the NHS, asking young people to pay more means you want them to contribute more to your healthcare."

As indeed my early contributions paid for those who went before. Having paid in for 50 years do you nowe say I am not entitled to take out and should leave it for younger people?

"The point you refuse to answer, because you can’t, is there’s no logic or fairness in asking poorer young people to pay for the healthcare of better off, wealthier older people who use the NHS more.

The point I have actually repeated over and over but as usual you want to ignore it. In just my last comment I said "The young pay as they are doing now but this could be raised when they reach an age that they are taking home an adult wage. You will find that said repeatedly so yes I have answered the question that was not asked as a question but posted as a statement. The NHS is costing more now than ever and more money needs to be put into it in 1 way or another. Others, if not you, suggested an increase in taxation to cover this or a more robust form of healthcare insurance.
Exactly where in this warped brain of yours is that any different to what I suggest? All I did was to say it should be started at about age 25 once Uni and apprenticeships were over and done with, which you have totally turned round to being a case of me saying young kids should pay more.

"All I’ve said is this fundamentally unfair. You don’t like it, but that’s because you’re so thin-skinned and paranoid, you see disagreement as a personal attack."

I really am not thin skinned. Just sick to death of a self important know all s*** stirring sad old get with nothing more to do with his life than have internet arguments.

No doubt you will come back. We all know you have to have the last word.
On this subject, with you, I am finished.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:28 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:15 am
NO youngster pays for my medical care. I paid my taxes for 50 years to cover that and still pay now on my savings despite the fact I used virtually no health care throughout my life
Actually everyone who pays tax and NI is paying for your health care. NI is not a personal pot you build up over many years of contributions and draw on when needed, generally when we're older. If that were the case how would people who had only made a small amount of contributions pay for their care? NI is a general fund to be used for anyone when needed. Some people will have paid in next to nothing before they require tens of thousands of pounds worth of treatment. Some people will have paid in years of contributions and hardly ever need the NHS. That's the price we pay for living in a civilised society. Worth every penny.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:53 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:19 pm
Yet again I loosely termed it a "contract"...... I was told, as were all others that we had to pay these taxes and in return we received as needed. In my case that was from age 15.3/4 to 65. Seems fairly much like a verbal contract to me. You want to disagree? Not really interested.

As indeed my early contributions paid for those who went before. Having paid in for 50 years do you nowe say I am not entitled to take out and should leave it for younger people?
(T)Ed's early contributions were simultaneously filling up "his pot" to use later and also paying for those who went before...by my maths he's spent it twice...yet seems to randomly believe today's youth are not contributing to the levels he did.

What he fails to realise is that today's 16-25s will be working and contributing until they are 75 never mind 65 in order to support public service demand...

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:20 am

75? But Mr Gibson MP said that wasn’t going to happen.
As for Ted, it doesn’t surprise me one bit he would cross a picket line. All for himself that rotter. I’d s*** in his dinner if he was in a nursing home and proudly said that, then feed him it with a broken plastic spoon!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:39 am

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:53 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:

(T)Ed's early contributions were simultaneously filling up "his pot" to use later and also paying for those who went before...by my maths he's spent it twice...yet seems to randomly believe today's youth are not contributing to the levels he did.

What he fails to realise is that today's 16-25s will be working and contributing until they are 75 never mind 65 in order to support public service demand...
I have never at any point suggested that the young pay nothing. I merely offered up,(inn fact as a way of helping the younger tax payers), that any increase in the system of payments should not hit people until after they finish apprenticeships, Uni, etc. If as you suggest, at some point in the future, the working age will be raised to 75 then people starting paying tax at the time of the change will know what they are "signing up to". When I signed up it was 60 for women and 65 for men, and can I just point out, while you think the youth of today are paying for me, in exactly the same way I paid for those that went before me, Having had the agreement with the government to work until 60 and 65 that was changed to 65 and 67, thus in fact those of us who started work at the time I did HAVE paid in extra to what was agreed at the time.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:51 am

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:20 am
75? But Mr Gibson MP said that wasn’t going to happen.
As for Ted, it doesn’t surprise me one bit he would cross a picket line. All for himself that rotter. I’d s*** in his dinner if he was in a nursing home and proudly said that, then feed him it with a broken plastic spoon!
Knew you would be happy at my non union alignment. Sorry pal, they were good in their inception round about the end of the Napoleonic wars, but having listened to the vitriol of people like Scargill, and seen the hypocrisy involved during the miners strike it sickened me deep into my guts. Thank God the only mine I ever went down was the black country museum. Those people that I lived amongst in Barnsley deserved far better than him as a leader. They had guts. He was a leach. Sadly I have seen far to many similarities in other union leaders such as Jones, Scanlon, Murray, to ever want to be part of it.

Darlogramps

General Election 2019

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:59 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
I really am not thin skinned. Just sick to death of a self important know all s*** stirring sad old get with nothing more to do with his life than have internet arguments.
I mean this is just beautiful, coming from a 70-yr-old deluded fantasist who, despite being banned from the board, spends his time creating multiple accounts to have rows about politics on the internet.

Irony is a wonderful, majestic thing Ted. Keep on humiliating yourself. I notice you haven’t contested any of the proof about who you are.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darlogramps

General Election 2019

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:03 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:53 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:

I have never at any point suggested that the young pay nothing. I merely offered up,(inn fact as a way of helping the younger tax payers), that any increase in the system of payments should not hit people until after they finish apprenticeships, Uni, etc. If as you suggest, at some point in the future, the working age will be raised to 75 then people starting paying tax at the time of the change will know what they are "signing up to". When I signed up it was 60 for women and 65 for men, and can I just point out, while you think the youth of today are paying for me, in exactly the same way I paid for those that went before me, Having had the agreement with the government to work until 60 and 65 that was changed to 65 and 67, thus in fact those of us who started work at the time I did HAVE paid in extra to what was agreed at the time.
It’s not a contract, verbal, written or otherwise. There is no “agreement”. The only reason you insist otherwise is your own deluded ignorance, bitterness and self-entitlement.

The Government controls the working age, National Insurance rates and so on. We vote on whose policies on these and other issues we want.

It’s not set in stone the minute you starting paying. It can and does change.

Your arrogant self-entitlement is staggering.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:11 am

I don't think anyone thought you had. I think everyone has read that you are saying that they don't contribute enough so should contribute proportionally more of their salary than anyone has in the past in order to cover the fact that there are proportionally more people relying on them than every before. So they should as a result have less money after tax than you did.

The age dependency ratio in the UK (ie. % of people in the UK over the state pension age v those of working age) is higher than it has ever been rising from 18.07 in 1960 to 28.66 in 2016.

If I am not mistaken that means that for every working person 0.40 people are dependent on them. In 1970 which I think is the time when you were the same age as those you want to increase their contributions there were 0.26 people dependent on you. To maintain the relative contribution the current youth would have to contribute proportionally 53.84% more of their salary than you did (0.26 -> 0.40 is an increase in 53.84%).

Thing is T(Ed) it is not a lifelong contract that you have it just isn't the 1960s / 1970s anymore. Lots of things have changed.

I fully expect my state pension age to rise by the time I reach it. I am fortunate as I plan never to rely on it but I am luckier than most.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:47 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:59 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
I mean this is just beautiful, coming from a 70-yr-old deluded fantasist who, despite being banned from the board, spends his time creating multiple accounts to have rows about politics on the internet.

Irony is a wonderful, majestic thing Ted. Keep on humiliating yourself. I notice you haven’t contested any of the proof about who you are.
I haven't seen any "proof" of who I am. I did suggest a few comments back that if you actually have any you give it to the admins.
All I saw was you jump on the fact that Pete had a couple of weeks before put a T at the front of my name and that somehow becomes "proof". The only other "proof" was that Ted, in his own name on Tinshed said that Solihull Moors are not "bankrolled in the way people on here seem to think. I had actually posted far more detail on here as to why they are not bankrolled in said manner.

If you look back over the rugby thread you will find I invited Pete to come to see KR v Wigwam, and that he accepted but then had to work away that weekend. I would very much doubt that he would have been willing to go anywhere with me if he thought for 1 second I actually was Ted.

Yet again, if you have any proof, feel free to pass it to the admin. I only started posting on the rugby thread after reading it for some time. I am reasonably confident that the admin could double check your "multiple accounts theory and find my first comment was posted the day I joined or very close thereafter.
Yes I enjoy the rugby thread, listening to you pontification I would not miss.

Darlogramps

General Election 2019

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:06 pm

1. The artist formerly known as Ted Forster made EXACTLY the same points as you on Solihull Moors. You screwed up Ted, and everyone picked up on it.

2. Darlo_Pete said let bygones be bygones when it came to you (post listed on the main board). He probably would be happy to meet up with you. And I suspect there aren’t that many Darlo/Hull KR-supporting, Uncovered dwellers out there.

Keep up with the tenuous non-denials. The great thing is Ted, now we all know who you are, we can write you off for the tedious, deluded, old crank that you are. You screwed over the football club and bottled it when you were found out.

Whether you are satisfied by the proof is irrelevant. Everyone else is convinced so my work is done.

Have nice day Ted
Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:17 pm

I do think that young adults that are beginning there working lives, will have to work until there mid 75's before they can draw a state pension.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:34 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:17 pm
I do think that young adults that are beginning there working lives, will have to work until there mid 75's before they can draw a state pension.
Well heaven help them! How can you expect someone doing a manual job to work until 75 years and 6 months old? It’s OK for fat arsed pen pushers possibly but all it means for a lot of manual workers is they will become unemployed in their 60s due to health problems and then have to draw sickness benefits .

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Old Git wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Well heaven help them! How can you expect someone doing a manual job to work until 75 years and 6 months old? It’s OK for fat arsed pen pushers possibly but all it means for a lot of manual workers is they will become unemployed in their 60s due to health problems and then have to draw sickness benefits .
They’re not expecting everyone to work until they’re 75; they’re expecting many of you to die beforehand so they don’t have to pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:28 am

QuakerPete wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:58 pm
Old Git wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
They’re not expecting everyone to work until they’re 75; they’re expecting many of you to die beforehand so they don’t have to pay

Good to see that the Government are planning to make it law, by introducing a Brexit Bill, to block further delay. :thumbup:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:59 am

What's the point in that it's just a PR stunt. You are surely an idiot if fooled by it?

He has a clear majority which will still be there in 5 years never mind at any time during this year there is no blocker to just doing whatever he wants.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:19 am

If it comes to end of next year they can just make an amendment again and the majority exists to get it through. It is Boris playing up to those who will then make the noise of "Yeh Boris...getting Brexit done"...if you are getting it done you don't need a law - just do it.

The whole "take it off the table" thing was to gather support from other parties for more contentious things in the run up because almost a guard rail was set.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:10 am

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:59 am
What's the point in that it's just a PR stunt. You are surely an idiot if fooled by it?

He has a clear majority which will still be there in 5 years never mind at any time during this year there is no blocker to just doing whatever he wants.
Yep. the the new government is going to write something in law stating that X£ will have to be spent on the NHS - and as you say, he doesn't need a law for this- just do it, and what even happens if they do "break the law" ? It's stupidity, and will incur a cost.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
What a good little Tory you are, whilst you retire at 65 with a state pension and a council pension is it?

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:06 pm

QuakerPete wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:58 pm
Old Git wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

Exactly this and now they are going to make it illegal for me to strike. For the hard of understanding that means my employer can do what ever it wants to me. When they’ve done that, they’ll start putting more and more in the ‘essential services” bracket. Once the Unions are crushed there’s no one left to look out for people. But hey, as long as Brexit gets done eh because people are politically illiterate and like to hear a soundbite.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 pm

Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:02 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
What a good little Tory you are, whilst you retire at 65 with a state pension and a council pension is it?
I've had to recently take on a mortgage, so I am planning to work until at least I am 75. Fortunately my employer has people still working for them who are in the 80's, so as long as I keep my health, I have many years work ahead of me. But thanks for your concern!!!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:07 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I've had to recently take on a mortgage, so I am planning to work until at least I am 75. Fortunately my employer has people still working for them who are in the 80's, so as long as I keep my health, I have many years work ahead of me. But thanks for your concern!!!
Remind me to stop shopping in B&Q!

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:41 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
No wonder there's a youth unemployment problem when selfish twats like you work beyond retirement age.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:51 pm

Pete if you want to work until you are 75 that’s up to you I wish you good health.Hope you are still going to pay full price for your admission to the match while you are still in work.

Henley

Post by Henley » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:16 pm

OHDFC wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:41 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
No wonder there's a youth unemployment problem when selfish twats like you work beyond retirement age.

What are you talking about, you tit?

DP’s said he’s just taken on a mortgage - who do you expect to pay it if he doesn’t work?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:19 pm

Henley wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:16 pm
OHDFC wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:41 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

What are you talking about, you tit?

DP’s said he’s just taken on a mortgage - who do you expect to pay it if he doesn’t work?
Thanks Henley. OHDFC I have had to take out a mortgage to keep my house, I have no choice but to work until I'm 75, which is when my mortgage will be paid off. No I don't work at B & Q.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:54 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 pm
That is one surreal workplace you're working in there, Pete. One of them should maybe tell Maggie T that the whole Europe thing works out in the end.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:17 am

I started working for my current employer last year when I was 58 & if I keep my health I could have a 25 year for them. How many jobs these days could you start at 58 & have a 25 year with them, virtually none I would say.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:44 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:17 am
I started working for my current employer last year when I was 58 & if I keep my health I could have a 25 year for them. How many jobs these days could you start at 58 & have a 25 year with them, virtually none I would say.
Thought you worked for the council Pete? I did wonder at the working weekends and Bradford bit.