Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

EDJOHNS
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon May 02, 2022 5:45 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 5:08 pm
For your information COD is a Leeds Rhino fan, we all have our crosses to bare.
Yes. Thinking of Rob.

That does not change the fact your comment was garbage

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat May 07, 2022 5:54 am

Bear.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 07, 2022 7:22 am

Massive games today in the Challenge Cup semi finals. I was hoping to go to Headingley, but unfortunately I have to work all day. I'll watch the games as live later on today. There is the prospect of a Wigan v Hull KR final.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 07, 2022 8:07 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 7:22 am
Massive games today in the Challenge Cup semi finals. I was hoping to go to Headingley, but unfortunately I have to work all day. I'll watch the games as live later on today. There is the prospect of a Wigan v Hull KR final.
Sadly our injury situation makes us very much second-favourites v Udders.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 08, 2022 7:28 am

And so it proved, a pretty one sided game. The Wigan game was a thriller and we just got over the line. As I've said before Hull KR have a strong starting 13, but when they lose key players the replacements are not so strong. I'd expect Wigan to start as strong favorites to win the final. An amazing stat that I heard yesterday was that in 125 years of the challenge cup, Wigan have met St. Helens on only 3 occasions in the semi finals of the competition.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun May 08, 2022 1:33 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 7:28 am
And so it proved, a pretty one sided game. The Wigan game was a thriller and we just got over the line. As I've said before Hull KR have a strong starting 13, but when they lose key players the replacements are not so strong. I'd expect Wigan to start as strong favorites to win the final. An amazing stat that I heard yesterday was that in 125 years of the challenge cup, Wigan have met St. Helens on only 3 occasions in the semi finals of the competition.
Pete, fully fit we have a strong 21 matchday squad that can and has shown it can compete and beat anyone( Wigwam home and away last season as an example). It is after that you are correct and we do not have another 10 players who can step in.
The main point you are missing in all this was that Wigwam/Saints/ Warry and to a lesser extent Cas have had very good academies running back years so have young local blood coming through. KR were denied a licence until we teamed with the Dullers and then split 2 winters ago. We now have some very, very good kids making their way into the side, but where Saints can put a reserve side out and come close that will take KR another 5 years to build.
The fact we have now bought CP and the land around it means we can now set about having all our club "under 1 roof". That will help with kids progression.
We did not play yesterday and I was gutted at the lack of performance, but just for once, take off the rose-tinted glasses. If you took out Wigwams 5-6 top players including play makers, and pack leaders, would you have beaten Saints yesterday? That was how we started, and then the gamble of playing Kane backfired and we had 3 more injuries so in the end, we had no changes we could make left on the bench.
I would say the fact we got the late try after such a drubbing says a lot about the spirit within the team. So credit that at least.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 08, 2022 4:11 pm

If you take any sides top 5 or 6 players out of their side and they won't look anywhere near as good. Hopefully Hull KR will become stronger and take that next step. Any idea who will be replacing Tony Smith?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon May 09, 2022 4:38 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 4:11 pm
If you take any sides top 5 or 6 players out of their side and they won't look anywhere near as good. Hopefully Hull KR will become stronger and take that next step. Any idea who will be replacing Tony Smith?
The wrong man is leaving.
This is the first time since he took the club over the club I have been so against something Hudgie has done.
I am actually a witness in a court case against Lakin later this year when a friend takes the club to court for wrongful dismissal after working for KR for over 30 years. I would love to say a lot more, but, as you will understand, do not want to risk someone seeing my comments and letting Lakin know what I hold as evidence.

What I do know is that part of why Tony is leaving is that Lakin wanted Brad Takarangi sacked for his court case and Tony defended him and that Lakin has WITHOUT DISCUSSING IT WITH TONY signed 2 new players for next year. WTF is the CEO doing even talking to players let alone signing them without talking to the coach? He has NO background in RL. Never played a game. Yes Tony was wrong to spit his dummy out so publicly but who can really blame him?

No idea as yet who the coach will be but worried it will be a "Yes man" to Lakins bidding.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 09, 2022 7:56 am

You'll struggle to get a decent replacement for Tony Smith, especially if your CEO is pulling all the strings. Do you think Tony Smith will look for another job in RL or do you think he'll retire?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon May 09, 2022 2:01 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 7:56 am
You'll struggle to get a decent replacement for Tony Smith, especially if your CEO is pulling all the strings. Do you think Tony Smith will look for another job in RL or do you think he'll retire?
He has said he has loved being at KR and it has really "reinvigorated" him. He also loves the city.
I would not be shocked to see him turn up at Dull, Cas, or Wakey next season.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 09, 2022 11:05 pm

New Head Coach announced for Hull KR, Australian Willie Peters on a 3 year contract. Not sure what fans of Hull KR will make of someone with very little experience of coaching.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/61380361

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue May 10, 2022 6:21 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:05 pm
New Head Coach announced for Hull KR, Australian Willie Peters on a 3 year contract. Not sure what fans of Hull KR will make of someone with very little experience of coaching.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/61380361
Re-read the last line 2 comments up.
Now a virtually unanimous comment from all.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu May 12, 2022 3:09 pm

Thank God we have points on the board.
Not kidding injuries are now so bad we really need to strengthen, but will they back TS?
Abdul is now out for the season. AT BEST.
It just gets worse and worse. Oh the joys of being a supporter.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri May 20, 2022 5:21 pm

Brad Takarangi out for the season and waiting to go under the knife with a very badly torn hamstring.
Probably his last game for the club. Gutted.
I dread to think what Cats are going to do to us tomorrow.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri May 20, 2022 5:22 pm

Brad Takarangi out for the season and waiting to go under the knife with a very badly torn hamstring.

EDJOHNS

EDJOHNS

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 21, 2022 7:27 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:22 pm
Did you need to post that 4 times?

Yes I think you could be on for a thumping today. Can't see us winning at Hull either later on in the day, as no doubt will be resting key players ahead of the Challenge Cup final next weekend.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun May 22, 2022 4:31 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 7:27 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:22 pm
Did you need to post that 4 times?

Yes I think you could be on for a thumping today. Can't see us winning at Hull either later on in the day, as no doubt will be resting key players ahead of the Challenge Cup final next weekend.
Did you need to post it a 5th time?
Obviously some sort of glitch

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 27, 2022 5:45 pm

Massive game tomorrow in the Challenge Cup final between Wigan and Huddersfield. Sadly work won't let me go down to watch the game, I'll have to make do with watching it on TV.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 27, 2022 9:54 pm

Great weekend for Huddersfield, they play Wigan on Saturday in the Challenge Cup and then Huddersfield Town play Nottingham Forest in the Championship play-off final at Wembley on Sunday. They'll be nobody left in Huddersfield this weekend. It should mean for a big crowd tomorrow.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 28, 2022 8:34 pm

Tough game for Wigan, we were probably lucky to win, but a bit of magic by Smith & Marshall at the end snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:57 am

A good result for Wigan yesterday, as we manage to stage a great comeback against an average Castleford side, so overcoming the usual hangover from playing in the Challenge Cup the week before. I was really surprised that Huddersfield managed to win in Catalan. It's now looking that the top 4 are moving clear from the rest of the SL. It'll be interesting to see how the games go today for some mid-table sides and whether they can manage any sort of challenge to the top 4, but somehow I doubt it.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:27 pm

Coote and Lewis were back today and what a difference.
A very easy win with a false scoreline as Salford ran in 10 points at the death when we were in the showers.
It may have been harder had they not been so indisciplined. 1 player binned was only just back on the pitch when a second went for a rest.
With 5 ex KR players in their 17 and the fact they are a bit of a jinx club to us I was a tad worried pre-game, but they deserve to be where they are in the league.
If we avoid any more long-term injuries, I still think we will be close to the top 4.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:49 pm

All quiet on here for a month so got to say Tigers have picked up last few games, and had several key men out, I think we can consolidate a top 6 finish when beating Leeds next week.
Will be attending on Saturday only but looking forward to it. COYF :D

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:22 pm

Great performance Rob, I agree that a top 6 place is definitely on the cards for Cas. Surprised to see Catalan overcame Hull KR earlier today. Good to see that this thread has now been read over 500k times, the first thread on any of this sites MB's to reach this figure.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:43 am

Ted’s gone incredibly quiet!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:24 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:43 am
Ted’s gone incredibly quiet!
Sadly it won't last. :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:08 pm

Wigan hitting decent form against Wakefield. Really hitting form just before the massive game against St.Helens at the magic weekend on Tyneside this weekend.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:14 pm

Wonder were Ed has disappeared too, perhaps he's feeling a bit glum about Hull KR recent form. Should be a cracker on Saturday teatime.