Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:49 am

Massive test for Wigan on Sunday up in Newcastle against Warrington. But confidence must be improved and with Warrington losing to St Helens, it could be quite close.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:43 pm

It's all going wrong at Hull KR as they lose badly to Huddersfield, they may even miss out on the play-offs. I see Adrian Lam is leaving the Wigan coach position at the end of the season, not too surprised as we're not exactly pulling up trees this season.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:43 pm
It's all going wrong at Hull KR as they lose badly to Huddersfield, they may even miss out on the play-offs. I see Adrian Lam is leaving the Wigan coach position at the end of the season, not too surprised as we're not exactly pulling up trees this season.
I said on my group that we have lost our edge at a bad time.
That said, had you said we would still be going for top 6 by this point before the season started I would have taken it, and at least we can make the play off's as we hit 18 games on Sunday. That seemed very unlikely just a month ago, which shows how many games we have had to play.
I am still in line to win the bet.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:32 pm

I've sent a pm message to Ed about the Magic Weekend in Newcastle on Sunday.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:54 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:32 pm
And I have replied.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:26 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:54 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
And I have replied.
A shame you have not come back to me.
For months we say we will meet up before magic so I can prove my point, then with less than a day to go, and after you so publicly say you have sent me a message, you say you are not turning up until game 2 is on the way and when I ask which part of the ground you are in you do not bother to reply?
What is wrong Pete? Scared to prove the Gobshites wrong?

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:02 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:26 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
And I have replied.
For months we say we will meet up before magic so I can prove my point, then with less than a day to go, and after you so publicly say you have sent me a message, you say you are not turning up until game 2 is on the way and when I ask which part of the ground you are in you do not bother to reply?
ED I saw Pete at match today and he said that he has messaged you but he is unable at present to log in, he said put a reply back on here and state which pub he can meet up at please.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:54 pm

robsraiders wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:02 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
And I have replied.
ED I saw Pete at match today and he said that he has messaged you but he is unable at present to log in, he said put a reply back on here and state which pub he can meet up at please.
I told him long ago I always use the bar beside the supporter's shop under the Gallowgate. I was in there today in the hope he would come and will be again tomorrow.
I will be on a small red mobility scooter and in this years away top with a fawn jacket on.
My car which is a metallic blue-grey Doblo converted to take a scooter will be parked behind the Leazes end.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:59 pm

Magic Weekend
Sent: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:58 am
Recipient: EDJOHNS

H

I'm coming up for the game on Sunday afternoon. My youngest son is coming up with me & I have booked a game of crazy golf at Mulligans for 12-30pm. But after that we can meet up for a drink near the ground?

Hope to see you on Sunday.

Pete
TopPrevious PMNext PMMove to folder:
Inbox

EXPAND VIEWMESSAGE HISTORY:
Re: Magic Weekend
Sent: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:53 pm
by EDJOHNS

I always do all the games so tomorrow will be in the ground by 2.30 and Sunday by 12.30, but I do want to meet up. Where are you in the ground. Anywhere but the Leazes and we can at least meet and chat through the divide between games as we are in the Gallowgate.
Nothing since and no sign of him. Annoyed is not the right word, but yet again, because of Pete, I get no chance to prove who I am.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:23 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:59 pm
Magic Weekend
Sent: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:58 am
Recipient: EDJOHNS

H

I'm coming up for the game on Sunday afternoon. My youngest son is coming up with me & I have booked a game of crazy golf at Mulligans for 12-30pm. But after that we can meet up for a drink near the ground?

Hope to see you on Sunday.

Pete
TopPrevious PMNext PMMove to folder:
Inbox

EXPAND VIEWMESSAGE HISTORY:
Re: Magic Weekend
Sent: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:53 pm
by EDJOHNS

I always do all the games so tomorrow will be in the ground by 2.30 and Sunday by 12.30, but I do want to meet up. Where are you in the ground. Anywhere but the Leazes and we can at least meet and chat through the divide between games as we are in the Gallowgate.
Nothing since and no sign of him. Annoyed is not the right word, but yet again, because of Pete, I get no chance to prove who I am.
Maybe he got nicked on arriving in Newcastle!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 pm

Well, we made hard work of crossing the line in the first 40, but all the hard work paid off as Leigh simply ran out of steam.

Not far off "winner takes all" next Saturday Rob. Are you coming to CP?
Think I slightly prefer our last 2 games to yours.
I would certainly rather be playing Leeds last rather than Warry, even if you are at the jungle and we at Headingly.

Pete, don't forget to post your receipt to Cancer research for the bet as I can't lose now.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:51 am

Come on Pete, it was you who brought the subject back to the top of the board saying you had pm'd me. Since then a very big fat ZERO.
At least tell us why you did not get in touch. You can't blame me for being a tad annoyed after all the garbage thrown at me, and this was the perfect chance to sort it once and for all.

Darlogramps

Rugby League

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:49 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
robsraiders wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:02 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
And I have replied.
I told him long ago I always use the bar beside the supporter's shop under the Gallowgate. I was in there today in the hope he would come and will be again tomorrow.
I will be on a small red mobility scooter and in this years away top with a fawn jacket on.
My car which is a metallic blue-grey Doblo converted to take a scooter will be parked behind the Leazes end.
On his Facebook page, dated April 28, 2017, Ted Forster posted a picture of himself using a mobility scooter.

You are Ted Forster and I claim my winnings!

I’ll leave you all to chat rugby league and will say no more about it. Toodle-loo.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:19 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:49 pm

On his Facebook page, dated April 28, 2017, Ted Forster posted a picture of himself using a mobility scooter.

I’ll leave you all to chat rugby league and will say no more about it. Toodle-loo.
Funnily enough, still no pm as you insisted you were going to send. You really should see someone about your obsession. It really comes across as eating you up.
It would be really nice of you to leave us to discuss RL, indeed, it would be really nice if you stop stalking me period.
Are you aware just how many people in the UK use a mobility scooter?
Finally, you of course will say you are not obsessed. What sort of "non-obsession" has you trawling back 4 years through someone's FB page to try to gain a point? (By the way, I don't do FB).

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:21 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:51 am
Come on Pete, it was you who brought the subject back to the top of the board saying you had pm'd me. Since then a very big fat ZERO.
At least tell us why you did not get in touch. You can't blame me for being a tad annoyed after all the garbage thrown at me, and this was the perfect chance to sort it once and for all.
Maybe he’s busy faking his own death……….

Darlogramps

Rugby League

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:12 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Funnily enough, still no pm as you insisted you were going to send. You really should see someone about your obsession. It really comes across as eating you up.
It would be really nice of you to leave us to discuss RL, indeed, it would be really nice if you stop stalking me period.
Finally, you of course will say you are not obsessed. What sort of "non-obsession" has you trawling back 4 years through someone's FB page to try to gain a point? (By the way, I don't do FB).
Trouble is for you, it’s another thing that adds up.

What you’re essentially trying to claim is there are two people in the world who:

-Support Hull KR (you admit so on this board);
- And voted for Brexit
- And support and have links to Darlington FC (again here you are);
- And know Darlo_Pete (this thread);
- And have knowledge around Solihull Moors (I’ve put to you before how you and Ted were posting exactly the same thing at exactly the same time here and on the Tin Shed);
-And also use a mobility scooter.

There’s a lot more I have put to you in the past as well, but the above is conclusive enough.

Either there’s a remarkable coincidence and you essentially have a long-lost twin or you’re the same person. And we all know which one it is. Amazingly whenever you try and meet Darlo_Pete, something goes wrong and the meeting doesn’t happen.

Although given you once duped Darlo_Pete into believing you were dead, he’s hardly the best person to confirm any grand reveal.

Oh and please do better than the lame tactic of calling me “obsessed” so I back off. It’s really not going to work. In denying you were Ted, it gave me the challenge of proving it, and I’ve done just that. Other on the board agree. Me getting the better of you time and again clearly really winds you up, and that’s motivation enough.

It took me 30 seconds to find that picture which Ted/you have made publicly available so it wasn’t difficult.You’re easy to beat.

Ta ta Ted.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:31 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:12 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Trouble is for you, it’s another thing that adds up.

What you’re essentially trying to claim is there are two people in the world who:

-Support Hull KR (you admit so on this board);
- And voted for Brexit
- And support and have links to Darlington FC (again here you are);
- And know Darlo_Pete (this thread);
- And have knowledge around Solihull Moors (I’ve put to you before how you and Ted were posting exactly the same thing at exactly the same time here and on the Tin Shed);
-And also use a mobility scooter.

There’s a lot more I have put to you in the past as well, but the above is conclusive enough.

Either there’s a remarkable coincidence and you essentially have a long-lost twin or you’re the same person. And we all know which one it is. Amazingly whenever you try and meet Darlo_Pete, something goes wrong and the meeting doesn’t happen.

Although given you once duped Darlo_Pete into believing you were dead, he’s hardly the best person to confirm any grand reveal.

Oh and please do better than the lame tactic of calling me “obsessed” so I back off. It’s really not going to work. In denying you were Ted, it gave me the challenge of proving it, and I’ve done just that. Other on the board agree. Me getting the better of you time and again clearly really winds you up, and that’s motivation enough.

It took me 30 seconds to find that picture which Ted/you have made publicly available so it wasn’t difficult.You’re easy to beat.

Ta ta Ted.
As usual, you invent things say they are facts and in your head, that proves your point.
The entire reason for meeting up with Pete is that he knows Ted.
I on the other hand,(check it out just above), had to let him know what I would be wearing and ways of finding me because we have never met. How do you work out that I "know him"? I could walk past him in the street and he would not know me in exactly the same way as I could you.
Tell me, how does a photo of Ted on a scooter prove in any way I am he?
I was in Withernsea today and I must have seen at least 20 people on scooters of various shapes and sizes. Just so you can check further, I have a "Pride elite" scooter that breaks into 5 pieces to go in the back of a car. Do check what Ted uses and let us know.
I do not "admit" on this board I follow KR. I am proud to be a gold life member and have followed the club since the age of 4.
Posting here and on the tinshed, again, I have never used FB. Never will. Check back how many times you have been told that.
To the best of my knowledge, Ted has no connection whatever with Solihull Moors. He sponsored Moor Green in the early 90's while I know people involved now, and they have been involved since Moor Green days.
It is easily checkable that my "knowledge" of them comes long after Ted had any connection.

Darlogramps

Rugby League

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:00 am

Ted, no one is buying it. Tie yourself up in knots all you like, but I’ve proven the point. And every time you claim to be close to disproving it, amazingly something goes wrong - there’s an issue with the Zoom, or Pete doesn’t show up. Always the same and just reinforces my point.

I’m not getting wrapped up in your nonsense excuses. They’re not believable and you’re a proven liar anyway so they have little credibility. Plenty of people agree with me regarding your identity - look at comeondarlo in this thread.

Having proven who you are, I’m happy to leave it there.

Now crack on and talk about Rugby League Ted, there’s a good lad.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:28 am

A good win for KR last night. Only 6500 there but the place was buzzing.
Probably about 300 Cas fans at the game and they helped make it the night it was with constant noise if they were winning or behind. Lots of good banter singing between the 2 sets of fans. Also good to see that without exception they were all on their feet clapping when Mose brought the ball onto the pitch. Must admit, I choked up a bit. I have loved every minute of the chats I have had with him over the 3 years he has been at KR. He has promised to return at some point. I do hope I am about to greet him back to Hull again when he does return.

Pre-game a lot of conversation about the club changing our badge. (I detest it). Mike Smith 1 of our greatest players and the ex chief exec, now looking after the kid's teams was in legends doing a question and answer and was asked what he thought about it. He waffled on saying he supposed he would get used to it and I shouted over, "Stop messing and say what you really think" (I have known Mike since he joined the club in the mid 70's. He is normally very straight-talking, but has to go along with the "Updating the club" spin),
"It's s***" was the answer which got a good round of applause.

The game. ..... A good 1 to watch and enjoyed by all, but not the best of games ever. I have not seen the stats, but Cas seemed to have a poor completion rate. Olpherts made 1 run mid-second half that had everyone on their feet. Right to left from Cas 40 to our 20. If he is not the fastest player in the league at the moment I certainly have not seen faster. How the hell 2 of our lads managed to get near enough to drag him down I will never know. Cas were 7 up at that point and if he went over it would have been game over I think.

So we sit 5th. A win at Leeds next Friday sees us confirmed in the top 6. A loss and Cas need a big win over Warry on Thursday to overhaul us. They get beaten Thursday night and we are there no matter what. Who would have believed that pre-season? ......... ME !!!! Love to say this, TOLD YOU SO !!!!

Hope you have fingernails left by next weekend Rob.
Pete, you can come out of hiding now.

Beat Pete to it

Post by Beat Pete to it » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:46 pm

Unfortunately My good friend Pete has been very busy on the cold calling front so may not make a game for quite some time.

He's literally shagged out and was last seen fleeing a house in Carlisle wearing a pair of I luv NFL boxer shorts riding a Red mobility scooter screaming ''payback you Jimmy Glass bastards''
Talking bollocks for 6 decades.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:18 am

Well, that nearly became a shock result.
The first half was so easy was thinking Cas may get hit for 50 again but must admit, it became squeaky bum time for KR and Wino's about the 65 minute mark.
Well done on a good fight back.
Only thing I did not agree with was the sending off. Yes a shoulder made contact with the head but no way was it deliberate. The screen showing it 5-6 times only led to the crowd getting more and more vocal. I wonder what they would have said if it were the other way round !!!
I still want a KR win tonight as I honestly think the Wigwam/ Cats is a better game set for us than Warry/Saints. Not sure why Saints ran scared of playing us back end of the season, but the 3 games v Cats show we have nothing to fear from them.

Enjoy the offseason Rob, and get ready for some boring rugby next season with Radders in charge.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:52 pm

Leeds won their Cup Final tonight tbh. Not a cat in hells chance of progressing further.

Wigan were and are very very poor, I almost felt sorry for their fans……..almost!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:15 am

comeondarlo wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:52 pm
Leeds won their Cup Final tonight tbh. Not a cat in hells chance of progressing further.

Wigan were and are very very poor, I almost felt sorry for their fans……..almost!
We beat Wigwam on their turf and they went on that long losing run then did it again at CP and again they went on a losing run. I have said all season they were a poor side and that is why I wanted 5th not 6th spot.
I agree, Leeds will go out in the semi.

On to us tonight. Warry is not a good hunting ground for us over the years, but we are taking over 3000 so hopefully, they will give our very depleted squad a boost and we can beat the predictions as well as Warry.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:35 pm

PLEASE, do not ANYONE tell me that Warry lost that game by making mistakes. We were right in their faces from second 1 and MADE them make mistakes.
What a game. What a night. Going to be a long drive home. Who the hell gives a damn.

Oh, when the Red Red robin goes bob bob bobbing along.

Waited a few years for tonight. Intend to fully enjoy it.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:54 am

For once a big shout out to the RFL.. Paying KR's expenses to charter a plane to fly to France and back and allowing the club to sell seats on the plane to fans to cover the costs of the hotel etc.
So far we have sold over 3000 tickets for the match, which is amazing as we are putting up a big screen at CP with a cost of only £5 per head to include a burger and chips or hotdog and chips and a drink with £1 of every ticket sold going to Mose's foundation.
Not bad going as we have only had the weekend to sort all this out.
The days are dragging !!!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:18 am

So, Wigwam lose and it goes quieter.
Cas lose and it goes quieter again.
Don't worry lads, KR are still up and running.
What would you all have thought of that suggestion pre-season?

Struth! Ted is Ed

Post by Struth! Ted is Ed » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:31 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:18 am
Nobody comments cos no-one cares about The Ted Forster rugby league thread.

I would say it's a perfect time to lock the thread but I very much enjoy watching other posters own you time and again .

I particularly enjoyed you being ass pumped by gramps a few posts up about your comical excuses for not showing up to meet Darlopete.

Please keep posting
It's hilarious that you don't realise what a joke you are to everyone .
Can you watch farmyard frolics on an S4? :wtf:

Ed Ted Forster John's bullshitting since birth :thumbdown:

Still no zoomcall?????? :lol:

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:57 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:18 am
Brave attempt by HKR but ultimately well beaten by the team who I think will beat saints next Saturday.
A disjointed season and happy to see my team at Wembley even though we lost, soon be February and a proper season!

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:04 pm

A great Grand Final.

I’m please the Saints won, I just can’t do with Cat tbh (esp Sam Tomkins and Maloney).

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:56 am

comeondarlo wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:04 pm
A great Grand Final.

I’m please the Saints won, I just can’t do with Cat tbh (esp Sam Tomkins and Maloney).
I don't like Tomkins and the way he was handed the MOS by a mid-season change to the rules, but I enjoyed the game totally for what it was as I was not bothered who won.

Not as good as the Aus game last week but never the less a very good watch and advert for our game.

As Feath have a number of ex KR lads playing I want them to do well, but I am in what seems to be the minority camp of believing we need the game to grow worldwide not just along the M62 so I have no problem if Toulouse wins today. If they do, hopefully, they will do as Cats have and in the long term bring through enough local talent to make the French game stronger so eventually, they can go back to playing in France, in a strong French league.