Easter Monday at Warrington Town

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Easter Monday at Warrington Town

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:13 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:32 am
I don't mean to be funny but what the feck's holding that stand up at the back....
https://x.com/DarloFansRadio/status/177 ... 49172?s=20
HA 😀 it looks iffy but in fact there’s a horizontal scaffolding pole running along the back with frequent uprights giving it strength. I’m wondering if this is the finished product?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:08 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:13 am
LoidLucan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:32 am
I don't mean to be funny but what the feck's holding that stand up at the back....
https://x.com/DarloFansRadio/status/177 ... 49172?s=20
HA 😀 it looks iffy but in fact there’s a horizontal scaffolding pole running along the back with frequent uprights giving it strength. I’m wondering if this is the finished product?
Could the club knock one up during the summer - it could The George Reynolds Memorial Stand?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:36 am

That’s a great photo and brilliant from Tommy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:10 pm

Sorry Q, it got deleted. As I said, a picture that sums up the entirely supportive atmosphere behind the scenes at the club....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davearrow ... /lightbox/

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:02 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Sorry Q, it got deleted. As I said, a picture that sums up the entirely supportive atmosphere behind the scenes at the club....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davearrow ... /lightbox/
Totally agree Lucan, completely different dressing room since you know who.Loved the celebrations when our 3rd went in, just speaks for itself.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:09 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:04 pm
I wasn't there but maybe Peter Clarke misheard and thought he'd said: "Break his legs." Clarke's getting on a bit and may have had his hearing aids switched off.
This is (or so I heard at the time) what is alleged to have happened.
I was over that side but several yards away from the supporter concerned
I did not hear the comment from the supporter but the reaction from Mr. Clarke was immediate and he clearly regarded something he heard as very much 'out of order'.
Mr. Clarke, from what he was saying, definitely thought he heard the supporter shouting (towards Main) to "break his legs" when the two were contesting the ball.
Mr. Clarke forcefully suggested that this was not acceptable and at one stage at least suggested that they should meet after the game.
They spoke at the end of the game.
Afterwards I heard the supporter in question say that he had shouted "bite his legs" and that this had been misheard by Mr. Clarke.
The supporter went on to say that he that he explained this to Mr. Clarke at the end of the game and he also apologised but that his proffered hand shake was then declined by Mr. Clarke who was having none of it.
It seemed to me that as Mr. Clarke was still in the general area but walking away he turned back and said something else and / or gestured towards other supporters a few of whom were suggesting that he should get himself off the pitch & / or learn to lose with a little more grace.
It then began to look as if he wanted to argue with anyone standing in the general vicinity but he did leave the pitch.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:02 pm

Darlo Dodger wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:09 pm
LoidLucan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:04 pm
I wasn't there but maybe Peter Clarke misheard and thought he'd said: "Break his legs." Clarke's getting on a bit and may have had his hearing aids switched off.
This is (or so I heard at the time) what is alleged to have happened.
I was over that side but several yards away from the supporter concerned
I did not hear the comment from the supporter but the reaction from Mr. Clarke was immediate and he clearly regarded something he heard as very much 'out of order'.
Mr. Clarke, from what he was saying, definitely thought he heard the supporter shouting (towards Main) to "break his legs" when the two were contesting the ball.
Mr. Clarke forcefully suggested that this was not acceptable and at one stage at least suggested that they should meet after the game.
They spoke at the end of the game.
Afterwards I heard the supporter in question say that he had shouted "bite his legs" and that this had been misheard by Mr. Clarke.
The supporter went on to say that he that he explained this to Mr. Clarke at the end of the game and he also apologised but that his proffered hand shake was then declined by Mr. Clarke who was having none of it.
It seemed to me that as Mr. Clarke was still in the general area but walking away he turned back and said something else and / or gestured towards other supporters a few of whom were suggesting that he should get himself off the pitch & / or learn to lose with a little more grace.
It then began to look as if he wanted to argue with anyone standing in the general vicinity but he did leave the pitch.
Bite his legs?
Yea, right.
Was he talking to Norman Hunter?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:39 pm

Whatever he thought he heard, you'd have hoped that after a pro career of more than 900 games and involvement with the PFA, he would have had more sense than to go on like that with supporters over a prolonged period, especially so with his offer to sort it out after the game.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mario

Post by Mario » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:41 pm

Just on the topic of Warrington players becoming a bit heated. Their keeper and one of the defenders were having a very heated argument at the end of the first half. A few choice words exchanged and team mates had to separate them.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:25 am

Mario wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:41 pm
Just on the topic of Warrington players becoming a bit heated. Their keeper and one of the defenders were having a very heated argument at the end of the first half. A few choice words exchanged and team mates had to separate them.
With regards to their keeper, hes impressed me both times we have played them this season, plays like a wannabe outfield player whos been stuck in goal because hes the best they have.

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:38 pm

He won their January goal of the month competition

Mario

Post by Mario » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:04 pm

loan_star wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:25 am
Mario wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:41 pm
With regards to their keeper, hes impressed me both times we have played them this season, plays like a wannabe outfield player whos been stuck in goal because hes the best they have.
I believe he came through the ranks at Liverpool.

He looked good against Darlo and made one brilliant save in the first half.