Easter Monday at Warrington Town

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

we_8_poolie
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Easter Monday at Warrington Town

Post by we_8_poolie » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:10 pm

Lawlor, lees and Matty young form a very formidable triangle.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:26 pm

Even the Warrington commentator thought we deserved the win. The next two home games are massive, 2 wins and we are safe. I don't want to be going to Chester needing something as they have fallen out of the playoffs and might need a result to secure a play off spot.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Mario

Post by Mario » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:37 pm

Too many outstanding performances today to mention all by name. Every single Darlo player put in a solid shift, worked hard for the team and played their part in a fantastic and important win.

Firstly the fans were brilliant. Over 300 and they made great noise and got fully behind the team.

Darlington were deserving winners and should have had the game sewn up well before Warrington scored.

The only time Warrington were on top was when they scored and they had a 5 or so minute spell where Darlington looked a bit edgy.

Just some of the players who I thought were excellent today:
Main was absolutely brilliant, bullied the Warrington defence and created several chances for team-mates. Defenders were literally bouncing off him.
Lawlor very solid at the back and put in some excellent tackles.
Salkeld ran his socks off. The thing I like about him is, if he makes a mistake he doesn't let it affect his game.
Rutledge worked hard and got the all-important first goal.
Barrow, cool and calm at the back. Never rushed, never flustered.
Hatfield, came on and bossed the midfield, putting in some brilliant tackles, The guy was winning tackles that he had no right to win.
Platt, did some excellent covering tackles, kept things simple and neat and tidy.
Hedley, early booking and he was up against a tricky winger, but he stuck at it and put in a good shift. Excellent cross for the first goal.

Great win, now let's build on it and get the required points to stay up!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:42 pm

we_8_poolie wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:10 pm
Lawlor, lees and Matty young form a very formidable triangle.
Sadly not against Chorley 😢

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:48 pm

Great all round effort and support. We really deserved to win and Lawlor man of the match for us Merseysiders.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:52 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:26 pm
Even the Warrington commentator thought we deserved the win. The next two home games are massive, 2 wins and we are safe. I don't want to be going to Chester needing something as they have fallen out of the playoffs and might need a result to secure a play off spot.
I suspect one might be enough - especially if it is against Farsley.

I don't see Blyth getting any more points this season. Rushall will probably survive as well.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:01 pm

Blyth have Rushall at home then 2 stinkers. If one team had to win, would now rather it was Rushall, although a draw would be great.
Good chance Chester will have nothing to play for on the last day.

LMQuaker

Post by LMQuaker » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:18 pm

Obviously provided we stay up, you've got to say that a relegation fight is quite exciting. Much better entertainment than a run of the mill mid table finish.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:29 pm

Wish Rushall would F off. If we’d even scraped a draw there somehow (not that we deserved it) we would be a good bit more relaxed.

Blyth and Farsley I’d say are in a spot of bother but there’s so much that could still go wrong. I’m very nervous. Delighted we have made it a battle but it would be absolutely gutting to go down after the recovery we have had and as others have said, this points total in more normal seasons is enough already.

Suspect we really need to win the two home games. Going to Chester needing something would be brutal.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:21 pm

If we show more of today's bottle, battle, determination and goal power we won't have anything to worry about.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:20 pm

I thought they were quite a decent side too. Connor Woods is their record signing. They looked dangerous and had we been off our game we would have lost.

feethams

Post by feethams » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:45 pm

Anyone see/hear what went off with their player Clarke?

The lads had words through first half with an Darlo fan on the far side and it looked like at the end of game the Darlo fan tried to shake his hand but he refused.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:03 pm

Great performance and win, plenty of MotM performances across the team. Created plenty in both halves. The only difference was we took our chances second half Main deserved a goal for his two excellent assists, was unplayable at times, strong enough to drop in but with the pace to challenge them in behind. At the other end Lawlor and Lees were superb, Platt infront of them too. Thought the subs from SW and TM were great too. Hatfield added bite and control to the midfield, Cornish added running and pace. Nelson added a bit of strength and nouse.

Warrington looked tidy enough but maybe a bit fatigued and out of ideas. I would say their wide players Wood and Buckley-Ricketts were really excellent. Full of pace and running. Constantly trying to get at their full backs. Playing against players like that really does highlight our lack of pace at FB. Think it's something we really need to look at over the summer.

Also massive credit to the travelling fans. Watched it on national league TV and the noise from our fans was non-stop. Two massive home games coming up!

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:27 pm

JE93 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:03 pm
Great performance and win, plenty of MotM performances across the team. Created plenty in both halves. The only difference was we took our chances second half Main deserved a goal for his two excellent assists, was unplayable at times, strong enough to drop in but with the pace to challenge them in behind. At the other end Lawlor and Lees were superb, Platt infront of them too. Thought the subs from SW and TM were great too. Hatfield added bite and control to the midfield, Cornish added running and pace. Nelson added a bit of strength and nouse.

Warrington looked tidy enough but maybe a bit fatigued and out of ideas. I would say their wide players Wood and Buckley-Ricketts were really excellent. Full of pace and running. Constantly trying to get at their full backs. Playing against players like that really does highlight our lack of pace at FB. Think it's something we really need to look at over the summer.

Also massive credit to the travelling fans. Watched it on national league TV and the noise from our fans was non-stop. Two massive home games coming up!
I watched it on NLTV … thought the coverage was very good. Agree with everything you’ve said. Lawlor, Platt and Main are a great spine to the team. Plus Matty in goal gives the back 4 some confidence. The fans came over loud and proud.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:52 pm

Great interview with Salkeld and Rutledge on the official site. Shows that the lads are together in our fight.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:00 am

That was the performance I forecast for Chorley and says a lot about the management that they got the team up and doing so well after Fridays disappointment. We really need to keep them - is there any way we can bin off Asante and use the money to get them on attractive contracts? The old one about the fans being a twelfth man came true as well. Warrington were good too in an excellent advert for level six but still took a hell of a beating. Farsley beware.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:47 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:43 pm
Watson's record is 10-0-9, not a single draw!

But crucially a +50% win ratio. I couldn't have dreamed he'd win 10 from 19 at the point when he joined.
And it took a few games for us to get into gear - there wasn't a 'new manager bounce' when he came in.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:30 am

The mentality from Watson and Salkeld displayed in the post match interviews was excellent. When Ray said “one more win” Salkeld immediately said they are going for three. Watson said the same in his.

Not wanting to dig Ray out but the “one more win” rather than win everything mentality has been our downfall for 18 months and needs stamping out

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:32 am

I don't mean to be funny but what the feck's holding that stand up at the back....
https://x.com/DarloFansRadio/status/177 ... 49172?s=20

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:40 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:32 am
I don't mean to be funny but what the feck's holding that stand up at the back....
Haha but also l wonder how much one of them costs.

Can't help but think one would make a massive difference to the away end at BM - you could probably fit 3 of them.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:48 am

That doesn't look too safe! I think the seats we left behind at Bishop would probably be a safer bet.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:03 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Its got about as much chance of staying up as a Josh Gowling Darlo side :lol:
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:04 am

Creative use of a skip, some scaffolding poles and super-strength gaffer tape.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:29 am

A true monument to human engineering. Still, it’s better than the away end at Blackwell…

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:53 am

Just seen the goals. Fantastic tackle from Rivers in the lead up to the first goal - his contribution is often overlooked by some.

Main has scored 4 so far, but how many has he created? He is one of the biggest reasons for our change in fortune.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:52 am

Plenty of nice comments coming from Warrington fans post match, best fans, great performance etc...

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:54 am

feethams wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:45 pm
Anyone see/hear what went off with their player Clarke?

The lads had words through first half with an Darlo fan on the far side and it looked like at the end of game the Darlo fan tried to shake his hand but he refused.
Apparently some old bloke told a Darlo player to "bite his legs" no doubt a reference to Norman Hunter. He didn't like what was said and wouldn't just let it go, kept on passing comments everytime he was over our side telling the bloke to meet him outside after etc.
Apparently at the end when he came over to have another go the fan offered to shake his hand which he refused. He got plenty of abuse after that too.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:04 pm

I wasn't there but maybe Peter Clarke misheard and thought he'd said: "Break his legs." Clarke's getting on a bit and may have had his hearing aids switched off.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:14 pm

Lawman3 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:48 am
That doesn't look too safe! I think the seats we left behind at Bishop would probably be a safer bet.
Nice roof. Oh, wait.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:19 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Can you not see the Skyhooks? :roll: