Rushall v Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LMQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Rushall v Darlington

Post by LMQuaker » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:08 pm

Plenty of fans making the trip so should be a cracking atmosphere. Win and the gap will be 8 points which you'd like to think would make us all but safe however a draw would still be a decent result.

Anyone know if Main is definitely available? He's not mentioned in the preview but has been in Morocco this week on holiday so hopefully he's back.

darloed19

Re: Rushall v Darlington

Post by darloed19 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:13 pm

Might not need Main for tomorrow 👀👀👀

Feethams 1965

Post by Feethams 1965 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:53 pm

I've been looking forward to this fixture all week and couldn't wait for it to come round. Saturday at last!
Come on lads, keep them out at our end and stick some in at the other! Up the Quakers!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:43 pm

Losing 2-1 - sounds like they’re dominating?

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:49 pm

3-2 down now - what’s going on?!

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:53 pm

It's going to be a big 45 minutes in the second half.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:02 pm

Tommy should have saved the 3rd without a doubt, poor goalkeeping and cannot see him being here next season tbh.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:04 pm

Defence been like pre SW days today. Both full backs very poor and crosses coming in too easily.

First time for a while that we have been outfought for 45 mins. Think there will be more goals to come just hope it’s in our favour.

There was me thinking we were 2-2 at half time and had “got away with it”.

Big 45 mins this.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:13 pm

Think the change in goal has got to be some sort of reason.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:27 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:13 pm
Think the change in goal has got to be some sort of reason.
Taylor has been a liability all season and won’t get any better.If we can’t get Young for next season we need an upgrade on Teflon Tommy.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:31 pm

Some TT fan boys on social media calling out fans for highlighting his mistakes. He’s been good for us in the past but not this season. Football is a harsh game sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:54 pm

A plastic pitch
That s*** blue strip
Taylor in goal
What could possibly go wrong??

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:00 pm

Taylor's done well today. We've been second to the ball and didn't close down on the edge of the box. They deserved their win.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:05 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:00 pm
Taylor's done well today. We've been second to the ball and didn't close down on the edge of the box. They deserved their win.
He absolutely has not

Mick

Post by Mick » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:06 pm

FUCK.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:07 pm

It’s been a while but we were outthought, outfought and out played today pretty much the whole game. If it’s between us and Rushall then that makes me nervous because they looked half decent and certainly are battling for everything. We do struggle to match teams who are very physical. We couldn’t match Peterborough for much of last week for same reason.

An off day for a few players who have done well for us recently. To blame Taylor like some are is crazy, only 3rd goal he maybe should have saved and kept us in the game a couple of times.

Let’s be honest, we didn’t think it would be plain sailing did we, it’s Darlo remember. Asante to win secure it at Chester still has a feel about it!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:13 pm

Keep the faith lads we have to win more than rushall . it's doable, right up to 15th place only 4 points difference.some have to play eachother so it's in our own hands to stay in NLN

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:14 pm

Salkeld and Cornish did absolutely nothing in this game, best team won so no excuses, but will reserve judgement on Tommy until we see the footage but that 3rd goal should have been saved.Poor result which puts the pressure back on us.

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:15 pm

Quakerlad wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:07 pm
It’s been a while but we were outthought, outfought and out played today pretty much the whole game. If it’s between us and Rushall then that makes me nervous because they looked half decent and certainly are battling for everything. We do struggle to match teams who are very physical. We couldn’t match Peterborough for much of last week for same reason.

An off day for a few players who have done well for us recently. To blame Taylor like some are is crazy, only 3rd goal he maybe should have saved and kept us in the game a couple of times.

Let’s be honest, we didn’t think it would be plain sailing did we, it’s Darlo remember. Asante to win secure it at Chester still has a feel about it!
Rushall are far from half decent. A decent team would have scored 6 or 7 today. Their number 9 squandered 4 chances to score.

The performance was very worrying today but we need to brush it off and ensure we win our 3 remaining home matches. Then no one else matters.

By the way, Farsley are collapsing, I'd rather be us than them.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:17 pm

onewayup wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:13 pm
Keep the faith lads we have to win more than rushall . it's doable, right up to 15th place only 4 points difference.some have to play eachother so it's in our own hands to stay in NLN
Why are you focusing on Rushall? There are several teams who if their last 5/6 match form is poor enough, could go down.

I've said it a million times already but we just need to concentrate on winning our own matches and forget everyone else.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:20 pm

I think three wins will be enough to finish above Farsley or Rushall, but can we win three? For the first time in weeks I'm thinking we are more likely to go down than stay up. I doubt we'll catch any of those team 4 points ahead, we only have 5 games left and lots of teams in there still have to play Bishops Stortford. Losing twice to Bishops Stortford was criminal.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:25 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:00 pm
I must have watched a different game to you cos i thought he was very very poor. Mind, both Griffirhs and Hedley (again) got a real spanking by their wide players. They should've done a lot better in closing them down.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:26 pm

Bad day at the office. Poor performance but credit to Rushall. Scored two good goals and were very game for the fight. Did well in midfield to get on second balls quickly.

A game which underlined some of the flaws we were seeing pre-Watson. Keeper not commanding his 6 yard box. Lack of pace in the full back positions. Lack of control of the midfield. Too much space between Hatfield and Platt meaning we didn't get on second balls. Upfront, nothing really stuck after the first 15 minutes.

We dust ourselves down. Matty Young to come back in. Still outside of the relegation zone, games to play against Farsley and Southport. All in our own hands.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:32 pm

Still plenty to fight for, yes. Brutal to lose though. Playing this way it’s inevitable we will lose some games. Hopefully we can win enough to make the difference at the end of the season.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:49 pm

Poor performance today and we didn’t deserve anything from the game. Everyone was a bit below par and we certainly missed Matty Young’s presence in goal. I wouldn’t put all the responsibility on TT, because others were also to blame, but it will be a boost to have Young back next week. I think Taylor has been unfairly singled out for criticism in the past, but honestly my guess is that he has played his last game in a Darlo shirt.
Fortunately, other results weren’t too bad today. It looks likely that the bottom 3, Bishop Stortford, Gloucester and Banbury will be relegated, and we are in a scrap with Rushall and Farsley for the other relegation place. Southport, Kings Lynn, Peterborough Sports and Blyth are not quite safe, but should be OK. We can still pull clear, but we need to do a lot better than today. We are Darlington FC we never do things the easy way.

Mario

Post by Mario » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:48 pm

Outplayed in every area of today's match.

Very few Darlo players can say they had a decent game.

The most annoying thing was how we were second best in all areas, slow, lethargic and off the pace.

I hope this was just a blip and is a wake up call to anyone who thought we were safe.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:01 pm

Felt sorry for the large travelling contingent who were badly let down by our 2nd half display. Poor game management after we've scored, cost us dearly.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:55 pm

Poor result and game, started brightly to be honest, but they were quicker all over the park, we passed sloppily and tackled half heartedly after the initial 15 mins. We looked like a Gowling team in the second half, all over the place and never looked like scoring where they looked dangerous and missed some easy ones.
TT looked rusty to be honest, not sure if Young would have saved any until I see replay as I was at the other end of the pitch, but TT did not dominate his box, may be the defence tried to compensate?
I watched a couple of their games on YouTube and they shot hard from distance and so it was against us, so either we didn't do the preview of what to watch for or the team ignored the danger, while we never once tried a long shot preferring to walk the ball in.
To be honest since we lost at Spennymoor we have not been creating the chances we did, could this be because we lost Nelson, or has confidence been hit.
Looking forward to hearing SW's take on it.
Hard last few weeks of worry for me :cry:

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:14 pm

Dissapointing, wake up call, work still to be done, let’s not dwell and onto the next, we were due a bad day, today was a bad day.

The_Natural

Post by The_Natural » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:31 pm

won that and we would have been almost safe---never do things the easy way--still should have enough to survive fingers crossed!