Rushall v Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rushall v Darlington

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:44 pm

Just not at the races today. TT could have done better on occasions but he was by no means the worst out there today. Think only Rivers looked like he could play the conditions well.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:20 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:17 pm
onewayup wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:13 pm
Keep the faith lads we have to win more than rushall . it's doable, right up to 15th place only 4 points difference.some have to play eachother so it's in our own hands to stay in NLN
Why are you focusing on Rushall? There are several teams who if their last 5/6 match form is poor enough, could go down.

I've said it a million times already but we just need to concentrate on winning our own matches and forget everyone else.
Read the post again and, you will see I haven't only focused on rushall I actually say right upto 15th place.stop being melodramatic.

Mario

Post by Mario » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:51 am

The young lad Maher was made to look a genius by our defence.

Griffiths got nowhere near him all game.

He was allowed to run at the defence and shoot at will.

A really bad day at the office for Darlo and surprisingly the whole team particularly the defence looked lacklustre.

en passant

Post by en passant » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:33 am

Just seen the goals from the game. The first two Rushall goals must have been very well placed strikes as Tommy doesn't get close to saving them, but the third goal seems to go straight through him. Those that were there have been clear that the defence didn't perform well but from the look of the goal video evidence you might expect a goalkeeper to do a little better with these efforts.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:38 am

I was talking to one of their fans near the end of the game, and he said 5 of the players on loan from Walsall, Birmingham, Derby etc and he said that without them the team would be poor.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:39 am

On the highlights - their winning goal :thumbdown: :roll:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:44 am

50 years wrote:I was talking to one of their fans near the end of the game, and he said 5 of the players on loan from Walsall, Birmingham, Derby etc and he said that without them the team would be poor.
Similar situation to us then Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:51 am

In a way the same as us re loans, but ours from National league, not league teams, although we would definitely be worse without Barrow and Young, they have been quality.

Just watched the goals, from where i was stood it was difficult to see how difficult they were to save, but I think Young would have saved some of them, especially the 3rd goal looked straight at Tommy and not particularly hard, can't have done TT's confidence much good to see them again .
Saying that the defence didnt cover themselves in glory with any of the goals.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:49 pm

Griffiths was matched up against that really good player they have on loan from Walsall - and, possibly he (Griffiths) couldn't play in his normal way because of the plastic pitch?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:55 pm

We stood off them far too much in defence, gave the ball away all through the game and our passing and control were way off the mark. That was the fourth time out of our five games on 3g that we have been absolutely crap this season and we looked uncomfortable throughout. Their young EFL loanees, particularly Ronan Maher, were excellent and full of running and energy and we didn't seem to have an answer or plan to deal with it.

Obviously one of the real key moments was conceding again immediately after equalising just before half-time. Could have been entirely different if they had gone in a bit deflated and us with our tails up. But the lax defending, that was a feature throughout, surfaced again at the worst possible time.

They deserved their win and will certainly see off Bishop's Stortford in their game in hand. If they do manage to somehow haul themselves away from the bottom four, their biggest battle to avoid demotion could be off the pitch. The new 400 seater stand is supposed to be built by next Sunday (or by a date in April if they get dispensation) and it just looked an empty space behind the goal yesterday. They also haven't replaced the floodlights nor installed new turnstiles. Looks like it must be a nightmare both financially and logistically but surely they'll bust a gut (and probably some wallets) if there's the chance of staying up.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:11 pm

We said exactly the same thing yesterday. If they get special dispensation and started tomorrow, it looks a real squeeze to get all that work done in less than 6 weeks.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:12 pm

If, as has been said on here, the ground capacity is only 1400 then even 400 seats behind the goal capacity is still under the 2000 needed for NPL and miles away from the 3000 needed for NLN. Not even sure how a capacity of 1400 allowed them to play in the NPL all these years let alone get promoted. Doubt if we would have been allowed such leniency.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:54 pm

Normal capacity is 1900. Capacity temporarily reduced to 1400 for the works. Agreed, though, that you'd have to build something massive to get it to 3000.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:04 pm

Some sources have reported the ground capacity as 1,400 but the company handling the redevelopment stated in the application that the capacity was more than 2,000.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:28 pm

50 years wrote:In a way the same as us re loans, but ours from National league, not league teams, although we would definitely be worse without Barrow and Young, they have been quality.

Just watched the goals, from where i was stood it was difficult to see how difficult they were to save, but I think Young would have saved some of them, especially the 3rd goal looked straight at Tommy and not particularly hard, can't have done TT's confidence much good to see them again .
Saying that the defence didnt cover themselves in glory with any of the goals.
That’s why I said similar and not same Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:37 pm

en passant wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:33 am
Just seen the goals from the game. The first two Rushall goals must have been very well placed strikes as Tommy doesn't get close to saving them, but the third goal seems to go straight through him. Those that were there have been clear that the defence didn't perform well but from the look of the goal video evidence you might expect a goalkeeper to do a little better with these efforts.
Trust me, even Young would have struggled to save the first two goals. Both were right in the corner.

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:45 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:37 pm
en passant wrote:
Trust me, even Young would have struggled to save the first two goals. Both were right in the corner.
Even you would have saved the 3rd one

leedscol

Post by leedscol » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:05 pm

Lots of ifs and buts.....
but......really hoping on Matty Young.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:12 pm

we_8_poolie wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:45 pm
loan_star wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:37 pm
en passant wrote:
Even you would have saved the 3rd one
Yeh he should have done better with that one. But it should have been defended better too and Hedley needs a rocket up his arse for giving away a stupid free kick to start with

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm

How well did Rutledge play?

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:04 pm

He did alright Pete, wasn't on that long and by then the team were a bit rushed and not playing to what I assume his strengths are with his height, saying that after he came on we did have a couple of chances.