Moke gone

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

H1987
Team Supported: Darlington

Moke gone

Post by H1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:48 am

Sort of a shame he never got a goodbye game. Assume he must have an offer lined up somewhere.

bga

Re: Moke gone

Post by bga » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:55 am

H1987 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:48 am
Sort of a shame he never got a goodbye game. Assume he must have an offer lined up somewhere.
Left by mutual consent so suits both parties. Who is next?

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:25 am

bga wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:55 am
H1987 wrote:
I'd say Sukar but if he doesn't have a club lined up or isn't fit to play then he may as well see out the final weeks of his contract.

Then I'd expect to see the likes of that Greek kid who's never been seen, Lindley, Ngandu, Siddik out the door at the season's end. Siddik I quite like but he's just as big a sick note as Asante.

And of course the Asante question. Is he in contract or not

A couple of months ago I'd have been happy to move on just about every single player - but now I'd genuinely keep around 12 of them as a core for next season.

Must keep (or still in contract) - Hatfield, Platt, Nelson, Barrow, Griffiths, Lees, Cornish, Main, Salkeld

Would be OK with keeping - Taylor, Hedley, Liddle.

Not that bothered if they go but wouldn't argue if the manager decided they were worth another year - Lawlor, Curry, Rivers

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:38 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:25 am
bga wrote:
H1987 wrote:
I'd say Sukar but if he doesn't have a club lined up or isn't fit to play then he may as well see out the final weeks of his contract.

Then I'd expect to see the likes of that Greek kid who's never been seen, Lindley, Ngandu, Siddik out the door at the season's end. Siddik I quite like but he's just as big a sick note as Asante.

A couple of months ago I'd have been happy to move on just about every single player - but now I'd genuinely keep around 12 of them as a core for next season.

Must keep (or still in contract) - Hatfield, Platt, Nelson, Barrow, Griffiths, Lees, Cornish, Main, Salkeld

Not that bothered if they go but wouldn't argue if the manager decided they were worth another year - Lawlor, Curry, Rivers
Not sure exactly who is contracted for next season, other than Nelson, but of those under contract, who would you move on if we could do so?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

bga

Post by bga » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:43 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
bga wrote:
H1987 wrote:

The Greek kid is listed in our squad still, but on the statistics page doesn't feature. I guess that's because he's never played a single game. Oh, and of course. don't forget Windass, one League one cup and one substitute appearance!

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:51 am

Spyman wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:38 am
Not sure exactly who is contracted for next season, other than Nelson, but of those under contract, who would you move on if we could do so?
None - unless Asante is one.

I just want all traces of Clowning out of this great club.

I'm pretty sure Main and Hatfield are contracted for next season.

I think we'll probably have options on the likes of Lees and Platt as they will have been considered as important signings last close season - even though they looked nothing like until January.

Lallacab

Post by Lallacab » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:04 am

For me is keep the following -

Griffiths , Hedley , Lees , Barrow , Platt , Hatfield, Salkeld , Cornish , Nelson , Main

Undecided on Lindley and Rivers at this point , the rest I think we should move on

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:18 am

Think my first port of call would be Sunderland to see if we can keep Young for the entirety of next season. He and they may prefer him getting a full season in men's football rather than go back to kids games. I know they think he is their next number 1 but I doubt he will replace Patterson just yet.
I would however keep TT. His attitude as expressed the other day shows he is committed, and while he has flaws would be a good shout as a back up.
After that, I would Leave it to the management. Just a few weeks ago we would all have said shift the lot of them, but some have shown their worth. It depends on who the manager is and how he wants to play as to who is worth keeping.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:19 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:18 am
Think my first port of call would be Sunderland to see if we can keep Young for the entirety of next season. He and they may prefer him getting a full season in men's football rather than go back to kids games. I know they think he is their next number 1 but I doubt he will replace Patterson just yet.
I would however keep TT. His attitude as expressed the other day shows he is committed, and while he has flaws would be a good shout as a back up.
After that, I would Leave it to the management. Just a few weeks ago we would all have said shift the lot of them, but some have shown their worth. It depends on who the manager is and how he wants to play as to who is worth keeping.
I'm sure we'll ask the question re: Young, but there's no way on earth he won't get a club at a higher level.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:20 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:51 am
Spyman wrote:
None - unless Asante is one.

I just want all traces of Clowning out of this great club.

I'm pretty sure Main and Hatfield are contracted for next season.

I think we'll probably have options on the likes of Lees and Platt as they will have been considered as important signings last close season - even though they looked nothing like until January.
Not disagreeing with you, but its astounding that you (and others) have Nelson in the 'keep' pile given what the consensus was around him a couple of months ago.

DC

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:23 am

Spyman wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:19 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:18 am
I'm sure we'll ask the question re: Young, but there's no way on earth he won't get a club at a higher level.
I totally agree he could play higher. Just the hope that he has enjoyed his time with us, we are local so easy for Sunderland to keep check on, and also as we are part time he could also move to train with their senior players while still working with us on our training sessions if Sunderland were of that mind

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:44 am

Spyman wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:20 am

Not disagreeing with you, but its astounding that you (and others) have Nelson in the 'keep' pile given what the consensus was around him a couple of months ago.
It's because he wasn't scoring and we weren't scoring as a whole. It did feel like he was never going to score again at one point. That was my opinion at the time and I admit that.

But when he still wasn't scoring and we started scoring as a team, his performances nonetheless were good - full of running and effort, good hold up play and bringing others in etc.

Then he scored a few and was still playing well, which convinced me. He's been playing well for 2 months now and the knee injury seems finally behind him.

He's better than Curry IMO.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:52 am

Lallacab wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:04 am

Griffiths , Hedley , Lees , Barrow , Platt , Hatfield, Salkeld , Cornish , Nelson , Main

Undecided on Lindley and Rivers at this point , the rest I think we should move on
Maybe lindley will have a good career, I hope he does, but I don't think it will be with us personally.

Rivers is one of most misunderstood players we've had in years for me. People expect him to be creative and attacking but I don't think that's his game now. He won't change a game in your favour when you're chasing it, but for energy and tactical discipline from the start, or coming off the bench to defend a lead from further up the pitch, he's first class. But I think people still think of him as an attacking winger who will come on to create chances when you're behind.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:16 pm

tdk1 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:52 am
Lallacab wrote:

Maybe lindley will have a good career, I hope he does, but I don't think it will be with us personally.

Rivers is one of most misunderstood players we've had in years for me. People expect him to be creative and attacking but I don't think that's his game now. He won't change a game in your favour when you're chasing it, but for energy and tactical discipline from the start, or coming off the bench to defend a lead from further up the pitch, he's first class. But I think people still think of him as an attacking winger who will come on to create chances when you're behind.
Agreed on Rivers. He did exactly this at Blyth and our second half was much better for it

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:06 pm

Lallacab wrote:

Pretty much agree with that. I would think that Lindley will look for a club in the Midlands. Rivers likely to be offered a playing role alongside his coaching position with the Academy.
For me Liddle has been largely disappointing, although Watson was playing him regularly before his latest injury so he may want to keep him. Lawlor just too injury prone for me, and probably time for TT to look for pastures new.
As others have said would love to keep Matty Young, but we will likely face competition if Sunderland decide to let him go out on loan. In our favour might be that he is only 17 and his family might be happy to have him living at home. Also Sunderland could have him training with them and closely monitor his progress with us.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:43 pm

Old Git wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:06 pm
Lallacab wrote:

I would think that Lindley will look for a club in the Midlands.
I suspect Lindley is based in his native Huddersfield. His last club before joining Darlo was Golcar United (Northern Counties Eastern League), a club also local to Huddersfield.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:17 pm

I wouldn't mind hanging on to Lindley - I think he will turn into a decent player

I hope the Moke decision implies that Watson is planning for next season with us...

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:53 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:17 pm

I hope the Moke decision implies that Watson is planning for next season with us...
Good point - I hadn't thought of that.

DC

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:08 pm

Spyman wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
bga wrote:
H1987 wrote:

Hatfield, Main & Nelson are contracted for next season.

Tom Platt signed a one-year contract, with a one-year option in favour of the club.

Big question mark over whether Asante is contracted for next season or not.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:13 am

Moke has signed for Hednesford Town

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

DC