Asante thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

en passant
Team Supported: Darlington

Asante thread

Post by en passant » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:17 am

I came on the site yesterday and noticed that a thread on the subject of Mr Asante seems to have disappeared. I don't ever recall a thread disappearing before. Anyone have an idea why this can happen?

darlo999

Re: Asante thread

Post by darlo999 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:25 am

It's on the second page. People clearly just want talk about the positives happening at the club at this current time and the negative posts will drop down the pecking order.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:27 am

I hope the club are negotiating to terminate his contract - it is clear that he is not fit and no longer needed. Do we know if his contract ends at the end of the season? On another note we have signed Cardo Siddick who has an awful injury track record - we need to avoid signing players on long term contracts with bad injury records - weekly contract is fine to prove fitness etc.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:I hope the club are negotiating to terminate his contract - it is clear that he is not fit and no longer needed. Do we know if his contract ends at the end of the season? On another note we have signed Cardo Siddick who has an awful injury track record - we need to avoid signing players on long term contracts with bad injury records - weekly contract is fine to prove fitness etc.
Don’t think Siddick is contracted beyond this season with his loan agreement with Crystal Palace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:12 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:I hope the club are negotiating to terminate his contract - it is clear that he is not fit and no longer needed. Do we know if his contract ends at the end of the season? On another note we have signed Cardo Siddick who has an awful injury track record - we need to avoid signing players on long term contracts with bad injury records - weekly contract is fine to prove fitness etc.
Don’t think Siddick is contracted beyond this season with his loan agreement with Crystal Palace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He was released by Crystal Palace in the summer of 2023 I believe. He had no club when he signed for us.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:34 am

Pretty sure Siddick won’t be costing us an arm and a leg as he came to get fit and have some game time in mens football. Unfortunately, it hasn’t worked out as well as he would have liked, but I don’t think we have any long term commitments with him.
I don’t know the situation with Asante, but surely there must be some way we can cut our losses with him. I can’t believe DJ would have sanctioned a long term deal with him without a release clause at some point.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:55 am

en passant wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:17 am
I came on the site yesterday and noticed that a thread on the subject of Mr Asante seems to have disappeared. I don't ever recall a thread disappearing before. Anyone have an idea why this can happen?
It dropped back to page two when I deleted the spam post that led to it being bumped to the top.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

en passant

Post by en passant » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:24 am

darlo999 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:25 am
It's on the second page. People clearly just want talk about the positives happening at the club at this current time and the negative posts will drop down the pecking order.
There are several threads on this subject but the one you refer to had not been added to since February. The thread that has disappeared had post added to it over the last few days.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:52 pm

The threads about Asante are like his time on the pitch - elusive and easy to miss. This new soccer ombudsman could look at this one. Has there been a bigger waste of money at Quakers? Even Bernie Slaven jogged around a match and scored sometimes.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:04 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:52 pm
The threads about Asante are like his time on the pitch - elusive and easy to miss. This new soccer ombudsman could look at this one. Has there been a bigger waste of money at Quakers? Even Bernie Slaven jogged around a match and scored sometimes.
Nick Pickering?
Biggest disappointment ever for me.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:20 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:27 am
I hope the club are negotiating to terminate his contract - it is clear that he is not fit and no longer needed.
Doubt it will happen now. Registration deadline is coming up - what benefit is there to Asante from terminating early unless he is fully compensated.

The only sell to him would be you can be paid x% by us and get x% + from someone else once released so you are better off overall.

Wiseacre

Post by Wiseacre » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:24 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:04 pm
Wiseacre wrote:
Nick Pickering?
Yes, I'd forgotten about him but then he didn't leave much of an impression. We've been let down by 'name' players a few times - Carl Schutt 's obvious nick-name was well earned and Roger Davies had seen better days. Who needs 'em anyway when you can unearth diamonds like Main and Salkeld.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:31 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:24 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Wiseacre wrote:
Nick Pickering?
Yes, I'd forgotten about him but then he didn't leave much of an impression. We've been let down by 'name' players a few times - Carl Schutt 's obvious nick-name was well earned and Roger Davies had seen better days. Who needs 'em anyway when you can unearth diamonds like Main and Salkeld.
Carl Shutt (if that’s who you mean?) was a good player.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:38 pm

Shutty was brilliant with my lads when we travelled to Feethams for them to be mascots. He has a first division winners medal too.

Wiseacre

Post by Wiseacre » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:41 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:38 pm
Shutty was brilliant with my lads when we travelled to Feethams for them to be mascots. He has a first division winners medal too.
Fair enough - I might have been confusing him with Tom Kack.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:50 am

Dean Windass at the fag end of his career was awful.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:59 am

banktopp wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:50 am
Dean Windass at the fag end of his career was awful.
Like Father like Son.......?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:20 am

Wiseacre wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:41 am
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:38 pm
Fair enough - I might have been confusing him with Tom Kack.
I am 1 of the admittedly few who actually liked Tom. Built up by our revered chairman as the next Jimmy Greaves he was not as bad as many say.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:29 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Wiseacre wrote:
Nick Pickering?
was terrible when he started with us - but towards the end of his Darlo career he actually picked up and played half decent.

Some players simply need to be surrounded by other good players to play - otherwise they look poor.

Other end of the spectrum are those players who drop down the leagues but shine on their own regardless - e.g. Gabbers, Pavel Abbott etc

Mario

Post by Mario » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:25 pm

Played a full part in today's warmups.

Hopefully he's close to a return to action.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:45 pm

Mario wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:25 pm
Played a full part in today's warmups.

Thats great but the season finishes in 4 weeks time. Might be ready to sit on the bench by then, you never know.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:36 am

Mario wrote:Played a full part in today's warmups.

Akwase SAWAFFT Asante.

IFYKYK

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC