Rushall tickets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

andydarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Rushall tickets

Post by andydarlo » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:48 am

Their webpage is now updated with tickets online at £13.50 for away fans
Looking at the site they are trying to rally their own support as well as Midlands based "others" for Non League day.

Darlopartisan

Re: Rushall tickets

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:12 am

There average attendance is 489 so there’ll be plenty available.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:17 pm

The ground under normal circumstances only holds 1,400 but the capacity will probably be a few hundred lower than that on Saturday aws they have demolished the stand behind one of the goals ready to put up a new seated stand to help meet ground grading requirements.

The work is going on and that end of the ground (behind one of the goals) is cordoned off and not in use. If they get more than normal in and we take a fair few it could be interesting. It isn't all ticket and they haven't said anything about segregation.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:24 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:17 pm
The ground under normal circumstances only holds 1,400 but the capacity will probably be a few hundred lower than that on Saturday aws they have demolished the stand behind one of the goals ready to put up a new seated stand to help meet ground grading requirements.

The work is going on and that end of the ground (behind one of the goals) is cordoned off and not in use. If they get more than normal in and we take a fair few it could be interesting. It isn't all ticket and they haven't said anything about segregation.
That’s a huge amount of work required to get it up to NLN standard then. Given that they may be relegated anyway I’m surprised they’re bothering.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:24 pm

Win and we are safe, draw and its not too bad, lose will put us back into the mix again. Massive opportunity to nearly finish the job on Saturday!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:15 pm

Looking on NLTV website our game at Rushall is not listed as being available to watch, which is disappointing. I would have thought there would be plenty of demand from Darlington supporters to stream this game given how crucial it is. I can see that we could take around 400 fans, especially if it isn’t available on NLTV.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:16 pm

Old Git wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:15 pm
Looking on NLTV website our game at Rushall is not listed as being available to watch, which is disappointing. I would have thought there would be plenty of demand from Darlington supporters to stream this game given how crucial it is. I can see that we could take around 400 fans, especially if it isn’t available on NLTV.
Won't it be a 3pm Saturday blackout? Or will they lift it for non league day?

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:16 pm

I think that they relaxed the Saturday embargo but that this was only a temporary move and stopped some time at or near the beginning of this month.

I know that it does not have the same profile as an FA cup game but for me it is beginning to feel a bit like the trip to Walsall in terms of importance* so I hope that we take a large following for the match.

* and in terms of Geography. Walsall is the nearest railway station to the Rushall ground.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:58 pm

Some games are being shown on NLTV, because it is an international weekend.

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:07 pm

Old Git wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:58 pm
Some games are being shown on NLTV, because it is an international weekend.
Perfectly correct, my mistake and error.
Apologies all round and thanks for the correction.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:45 am

Darlo Dodger wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:16 pm
I think that they relaxed the Saturday embargo but that this was only a temporary move and stopped some time at or near the beginning of this month.

I know that it does not have the same profile as an FA cup game but for me it is beginning to feel a bit like the trip to Walsall in terms of importance* so I hope that we take a large following for the match.

* and in terms of Geography. Walsall is the nearest railway station to the Rushall ground.
As Rushall is technically a part of Walsall no shock there, though it does not beat Brownhills by much !!! (About 15 min's walking time).

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:11 pm

Old Git wrote:
It's on there now.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:22 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:11 pm
Old Git wrote:
It's on there now.
DarloOnTheUp returns. 8-)
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:00 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:11 pm
Old Git wrote:
It's on there now.
Excellent, I think they will get plenty of subscribers.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:36 pm

According to Darlington Official Website, the game now is ticket only for away supporters.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:30 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:45 am
Darlo Dodger wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:16 pm

As Rushall is technically a part of Walsall no shock there, though it does not beat Brownhills by much !!! (About 15 min's walking time).
Memories of Walsall - hope we can emulate that FA Cup magic of 2019 at least

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:31 pm

Ticket only for away fans but not segregated?

https://www.rofc.co.uk/news/statement-- ... n-saturday

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:27 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:31 pm

If you don't buy on line, better practice the turnstile greeting:"Yow owroit!"

Henley

Post by Henley » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:58 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:31 pm

That’s a welcoming message from Rushall.

Seem a nice club 🙏🏻

50 years

Post by 50 years » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:16 am

I wonder who from Darlington they talked to, ( I hope it wasn't whoever told South Shields there would be 200 travelling, which is what the stewards told me while waiting in the long queue to get in :D ).
The Darlo must have given Rushall a fairly high number are going to travel? I personally didn't think we would take more than a couple hundred as I was not expecting the numbers seen at Spenny, South Shields and Blyth, although I have been wrong before to be honest.
I was going to make a late decision on Saturday whether to drive down or not, so hope you can buy tickets on the day.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:56 am

50 years wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:16 am
I wonder who from Darlington they talked to, ( I hope it wasn't whoever told South Shields there would be 200 travelling, which is what the stewards told me while waiting in the long queue to get in :D ).
The Darlo must have given Rushall a fairly high number are going to travel? I personally didn't think we would take more than a couple hundred as I was not expecting the numbers seen at Spenny, South Shields and Blyth, although I have been wrong before to be honest.
I was going to make a late decision on Saturday whether to drive down or not, so hope you can buy tickets on the day.
We have quite a few fans who live south of Birmingham and also Manchester who find travelling to the WM a lot easier than getting to Darlo.
I expect at least 500 Darlo fans on Saturday, unless no-one travels down from the town!!!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:32 am

I think in the normal course of events they would have segregated this game (as they did when Scunny visited) but it has proved impossible because the work at the ground hasn't been done/finished with one end of the ground closed. Work to demolish the old stand to make way for the new one seemed to start in the last few weeks.

They are supposed to have a new seated stand completed, new floodlights and new turnstiles by the end of this month after only getting planning permission in January. Finance for improvements and the logistics of the ground have proved very difficult for a small club playing at its highest ever level.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:54 pm

Presesumably Rushall's overall capacity has been reduced by the ongoing works. Therefore, I think it's as well that Rushall are asking Darlo Fans to buy their tickets in advance on-line. Advance ticketing should avoid the potential for any Darlo fans having a long, wasted trip by being turned away if the ground is full.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:55 am

The last time we drew a game was way back on 25th November at home to Rushall. Since then we have played 20 matches, winning 10 and losing 10. My hunch is that Rushall away could break the sequence and be a 1-1 draw, which would be not too bad given our current 5 point lead over them.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:25 pm

Lets hope for a better result than when we last played at Rushall.
Last game of the promotion year 2015/6 on the back of the memorable 7-1 game at Whitby.
A totally unmemorable 1-0 defeat in a game marred by some of our drunken scum that caused trouble at Salford that year as well.