Latest year end accounts

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerlad
Team Supported: Darlington

Latest year end accounts

Post by Quakerlad » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:13 am

Just read a really good summary and breakdown of the last set of accounts recently published. Half understand it now and was very informative.

Not a moan, honest. Just genuinely do not understand which roles makes up this figure of £185k on “ Management Staff wages” . Seems like a massive figure for what I guess are part time Manager, Assistant, Physio, Kit man.

Given the comparison with a number of other clubs expenditure from their accounts this does look like a proprtionately high figure.

Mind you, would give a high share of it currently to tie SW and TM down!

Quaker85

Re: Latest year end accounts

Post by Quaker85 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:43 am

Quakerlad wrote:Just read a really good summary and breakdown of the last set of accounts recently published. Half understand it now and was very informative.

Not a moan, honest. Just genuinely do not understand which roles makes up this figure of £185k on “ Management Staff wages” . Seems like a massive figure for what I guess are part time Manager, Assistant, Physio, Kit man.

Given the comparison with a number of other clubs expenditure from their accounts this does look like a proprtionately high figure.

Duplicate thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghost_Of_1883

Re: Latest year end accounts

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:19 pm

Quakerlad wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:13 am
Just read a really good summary and breakdown of the last set of accounts recently published. Half understand it now and was very informative.

Nearly 600k on players and staff last season and we were crying poverty.

Bigger budget than Hereford who are getting comfortably bigger gates and probably have more commercial scope than us. Much bigger budget than Scarborough.

Only 150k less than Chester's 750k hybrid budget - again a club getting bigger gates and with an appropriate sized stadium and better off pitch money making facilities no doubt. And they had their own successful BTB.

Just think if we could only get our crowds towards 2,000 and maybe do 200k BTB next season we could be up there with the Chester hybrid model.

I know several clubs can blow us away financially but at the end of the day we're only the 7th best supported club right now so don't even have any right to expect a top 6 budget.

But those numbers to me would suggest a not very far off top 7 budget - if the costs were a little more weighted towards playing rather than staff.

Sick of being Budget FC.