Reff Gareth Thomas

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
onewayup
Posts: 2864
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by onewayup » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:58 pm

The reffing standards are very poor today allowing Peterborough sports to hold and block pulling shirts . he has not once given anything for all of this going on . very poor standard referee.linos no better not giving anything.tough game.

en passant
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by en passant » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:48 pm

The player holding onto Curry's shirt whilst travelling several feet down the touchline right in front of the linesman in the first half gave Peterborough the signal that they could pretty much get away with anything for much of the game. The player who got booked for pulling on Salkeld's shirt in the second half must have been shocked that such behaviour is outside the rules.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 7137
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:58 pm

He was far better in Blake’s 7. (One for the oldies that)

Old Git
Posts: 3261
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by Old Git » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:14 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:58 pm
He was far better in Blake’s 7. (One for the oldies that)
Is that anything to do with Robbie Blake 😂

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 7137
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:17 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:14 pm
loan_star wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:58 pm
He was far better in Blake’s 7. (One for the oldies that)
Is that anything to do with Robbie Blake 😂
No, that Blake was far too recent, think more like late 70s!

LMQuaker
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:15 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by LMQuaker » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:20 pm

The lino on the far side was horrific.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 6769
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:32 pm

The ref could have given a penalty to P'boro in the first half. I thought it was touch and go and he made the right decision to go and have a chat with the linesman then place the free kick right on the edge of the box. I think because there was a bit of doubt he didn't give the penalty, which was good news.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

PierremontQuaker03
Posts: 2189
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:01 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:32 pm
The ref could have given a penalty to P'boro in the first half. I thought it was touch and go and he made the right decision to go and have a chat with the linesman then place the free kick right on the edge of the box. I think because there was a bit of doubt he didn't give the penalty, which was good news.
I had a really good view of it, it was inside the box. The lino saved us.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

darlo_baron
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:28 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by darlo_baron » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:01 pm

It wasn’t even a foul. The lad tripped over himself which is obvious on the highlights.
Craig Liddle is God!!

Old Git
Posts: 3261
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by Old Git » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:23 pm

darlo_baron wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:01 pm
It wasn’t even a foul. The lad tripped over himself which is obvious on the highlights.
Would have been ridiculous decision if he awarded a penalty as it was never a foul.

Darlofan97
Posts: 5722
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:10 pm

There is contact on the back of their players’ foot which causes him to trip over himself.

It was clumsy by Hedley and, as the foul was awarded, we got away with one as it was inside the box.

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 12672
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by Spyman » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:43 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:There is contact on the back of their players’ foot which causes him to trip over himself.

It was clumsy by Hedley and, as the foul was awarded, we got away with one as it was inside the box.
No no no, bad refereeing only ever has a negative impact on our results. Never the other way round, it's all part of the anti-Darlo agenda.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Old Git
Posts: 3261
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by Old Git » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:03 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:10 pm
There is contact on the back of their players’ foot which causes him to trip over himself.

It was clumsy by Hedley and, as the foul was awarded, we got away with one as it was inside the box.
You must be seeing something I don’t, because all I can see is a dive.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 6769
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:11 pm

It’s tricky but I think 97 is right.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

User avatar
we_8_poolie
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Northallerton

Re: Reff Gareth Thomas

Post by we_8_poolie » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:20 pm

It is tricky … he hardly touched him and he tripped himself up. In the premier it’s a pen and a sending off after an 8 min delay for VAR. At our level it shouldn’t have even been a foul.

Post Reply