Darlington V Peterborough Sports

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Ghost_Of_1883
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Peterborough Sports

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:44 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:30 am
What’s happened at Scarborough?

In their last ten games - no wins, 3 points, and they’ve scored 1 goal. :o
I don't know what's happened at Scarborough because their gobshite fans have gone quiet.

They were all over our Twitter feed giving it rock all, now...silence.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:03 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am
LMQuaker wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:46 am
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:21 pm
LMQuaker wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:00 pm
Me personally I would go full strength at Rushall and hopefully get the win which realistically barring a complete capitulation would see us pretty much safe. Then I'd be giving a day off to the likes of Barrow, Main, Cornish in the Chorley game.
Are you stupid?
The lads are being ran into the ground. Chorley are flying and will be our hardest game out of the last remaining fixtures - give a few of them a rest to recharge their batteries for the
Warrington game and beyond.
I agree that it would be a mistake to think about giving up on a game until we're safe. We're not there yet - I remember that Colchester game: 7000 attendance, a Gary McDonald penalty puts us ahead then Colchester turn us over. I'm sure those lads would want to play against one of the top teams - if any of them are struggling make a few substitutions. Watson has got the players wanting to play, that's why we're looking up.
It was Phil Bonnyman who scored from the spot that day

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:12 pm

I certainly don’t think we’ll be looking to rotate/ rest players in the next few matches. We’re playing the same players every week, they’re in form, they are understand their roles and are continuing get results. No more Tuesday night games to go so we should be through the worst of it in terms of fatigue.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:17 pm

CrazyDarlo wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:12 pm
I certainly don’t think we’ll be looking to rotate/ rest players in the next few matches. We’re playing the same players every week, they’re in form, they are understand their roles and are continuing get results. No more Tuesday night games to go so we should be through the worst of it in terms of fatigue.
No rush for them new floodlights now!

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:21 pm

loan_star wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:03 pm
Wiseacre wrote:
LMQuaker wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
LMQuaker wrote:
Me personally I would go full strength at Rushall and hopefully get the win which realistically barring a complete capitulation would see us pretty much safe. Then I'd be giving a day off to the likes of Barrow, Main, Cornish in the Chorley game.
Are you stupid?
The lads are being ran into the ground. Chorley are flying and will be our hardest game out of the last remaining fixtures - give a few of them a rest to recharge their batteries for the
I agree that it would be a mistake to think about giving up on a game until we're safe. We're not there yet - I remember that Colchester game: 7000 attendance, a Gary McDonald penalty puts us ahead then Colchester turn us over. I'm sure those lads would want to play against one of the top teams - if any of them are struggling make a few substitutions. Watson has got the players wanting to play, that's why we're looking up.
Yeah it was MacDonald who was hauled down IIRC.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:54 pm

Actually mentioned on look north, in positive way, wow, that’s been a while 🙈

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:25 pm

CrazyDarlo wrote:
9 games in the last 30 days has been a relentless schedule. Only 6 in the next 30 days should be easier on their limbs.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:30 pm

we_8_poolie wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:25 pm
CrazyDarlo wrote:
9 games in the last 30 days has been a relentless schedule. Only 6 in the next 30 days should be easier on their limbs.
16 games in 28 days (or 19 in 36 if you prefer) in 2015/16. Footballers today, I don't know, tsk tsk. Don't know they're born, etc etc.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:12 pm

loan_star wrote:
Wiseacre wrote:
LMQuaker wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
LMQuaker wrote:
Are you stupid?
I travelled up from London and back for that game on the train. Think I was about the only Darlington supporter on the train back, which had the Colchester team and hundreds of their supporters on, I think they got off at Peterborough. Not a great experience as they were a fairly nasty bunch in my carriage.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:14 pm

bga wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:12 pm
loan_star wrote:
Wiseacre wrote:
LMQuaker wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:

Are you stupid?
I travelled up from London and back for that game on the train. Think I was about the only Darlington supporter on the train back, which had the Colchester team and hundreds of their supporters on, I think they got off at Peterborough. Not a great experience as they were a fairly nasty bunch in my carriage.
That's very strange, as they wre playing at home to Walsall on Saturday!!1111111111111111

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:47 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:14 pm
bga wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:12 pm
loan_star wrote:
Wiseacre wrote:
LMQuaker wrote:

That's very strange, as they wre playing at home to Walsall on Saturday!!1111111111111111
Eh! I think you’ve lost track of the thread Pete!!

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:48 pm

Pete losing the thread? - no, never!