Saturdays flare incident

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Saturdays flare incident

Post by onewayup » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:37 pm

We as a fans collective have got to help the club stop these idiot's throwing flares onto the pitch ,it's getting ridiculous, how they weren't pick up by spennymoors security i don't know but everyone was was being searched pre entering the ground. Somone knows who the culprits are it's a cost to the club it can do without, if you know who they are do the decent thing and give them up to the club so appropriate action can be taken. Think about what damage your doing to the football club.

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Saturdays flare incident

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:08 pm

There were searches pre match, we got searched, but on saying that it would be virtually impossible to find a small flare hidden on a person determined to get it in.

A witness to it would be the only way.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:14 pm

I see that 4 people have been arrested, hopefully the idiot is among them and gets a lifetime nan from every ground in the country. That will not happen of course but it should.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:46 pm

My opinion wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:14 pm
I see that 4 people have been arrested, hopefully the idiot is among them and gets a lifetime nan from every ground in the country. That will not happen of course but it should.
Might be shorter than you think : :)

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:09 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:46 pm
My opinion wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:14 pm
Might be shorter than you think : :)
Oops. My bad :D

bga

Post by bga » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:31 pm

It is written in the Stars............ As of now the Topics on here read in the following order.
Saturday's Flare incident
Minimum points neeed
Points deduction
The bottom Eight (Or realistically bottom Four).

There can only be one conclusion!

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:53 pm

On look north, saying our ground could be closed, we need to find this person asap, makes me so angry 😡

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:59 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:53 pm
On look north, saying our ground could be closed, we need to find this person asap, makes me so angry 😡
Point a couple of cctv cameras into the section behind the goal and you’ll find the bell end immediately. Not difficult

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:33 pm

I find it hard to imagine that someone could chuck a flare on to a football pitch and not be noticed by others!

Twice in a week too.

Send in the sniffer dogs.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:56 pm

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:29 pm

Yep this one individual is now affecting us in more ways of match day experience , not allowed into Blyths club house, got to find a way to find who it is, clubs got to be proactive in measures to find him.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:12 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:29 pm

Yep this one individual is now affecting us in more ways of match day experience , not allowed into Blyths club house, got to find a way to find who it is, clubs got to be proactive in measures to find him.
Not sure why some idiot throwing a flare onto the pitch is a valid reason for banning all Darlington fans from the clubhouse. They are also going to search our supporters on entering the stadium. Well Spennymoor did that on Saturday and it clearly didn’t work. Hopefully, the idiot in question isn’t going to Blyth tomorrow night, and will be deterred from attending Blackwell Meadows again.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:30 pm

Old Git wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:12 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:

Not sure why some idiot throwing a flare onto the pitch is a valid reason for banning all Darlington fans from the clubhouse. They are also going to search our supporters on entering the stadium. Well Spennymoor did that on Saturday and it clearly didn’t work. Hopefully, the idiot in question isn’t going to Blyth tomorrow night, and will be deterred from attending Blackwell Meadows again.
Are they expecting us to throw smoke bombs inside the clubhouse or something? I'm not sure what we are we supposed to do as a football club if the stewards at away grounds are not capable of detecting that someone is hiding a smoke bomb?

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:51 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:30 pm
Old Git wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:

Are they expecting us to throw smoke bombs inside the clubhouse or something? I'm not sure what we are we supposed to do as a football club if the stewards at away grounds are not capable of detecting that someone is hiding a smoke bomb?
I suspect that it might be a number issue tbh. Also there is a bit of bad feeling about between the clubs.
Totally knackered up my plans tbh. I’ve just bought a ticket online, I reckon their tinpot turnstile system will be under pressure tomorrow night

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:11 am

These things are quite easy to conceal them. Wembley security fail to stop pyros getting in what chance does anyone else have.

Likelihood is the person who went to Spennymoor was one of those fighting before the game (doing the rounds on twitter) - changes are they won't even buy at Blyth or any future home games unless it's a play off, FA Cup game or against a local side.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:17 am

Yarblockos wrote:
Old Git wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:

I seem to recall one or two at half time down in the bar at Walsall. All good natured fun in that occasion Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darloed19

Post by darloed19 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:19 am

Some of the supposed fans who turned up and caused trouble on Saturday were not even proper Darlington fans. I remember having a conversation with one of these supposed fans who was off his face on something, asking me, 'How are we doing in the league this year and how many points are we off playoffs?' People like this, who turn up to cause trouble and cause significant financial pressure on the club... how are we supposed to stop these individuals? Another example of the FA putting pressure on non-league clubs who do not have the financial resources to deal with these individuals. Do they not realize that we operate mostly on the support of volunteers?

As long as we have the correct procedures in place and tick all the right boxes to maximise the chances of catching these types of people surely then it should be down to police matters and not penalising fans that pay x amount of money to support their club in the correct manner. 0 support from the FA...

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:03 pm

darloed19 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:19 am
Some of the supposed fans who turned up and caused trouble on Saturday were not even proper Darlington fans. I remember having a conversation with one of these supposed fans who was off his face on something, asking me, 'How are we doing in the league this year and how many points are we off playoffs?' People like this, who turn up to cause trouble and cause significant financial pressure on the club... how are we supposed to stop these individuals? Another example of the FA putting pressure on non-league clubs who do not have the financial resources to deal with these individuals. Do they not realize that we operate mostly on the support of volunteers?

As long as we have the correct procedures in place and tick all the right boxes to maximise the chances of catching these types of people surely then it should be down to police matters and not penalising fans that pay x amount of money to support their club in the correct manner. 0 support from the FA...
Yup!

It's like being back at school, with somebody unidentified messing about that much that the whole class gets detention until, either he/she owns up or somebody else puts the finger on them. Meanwhile the majority of the class doesn't even know who the culprit is.

This 'punish all' strategy doesn't seem to exist much outside of football.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:37 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:03 pm
darloed19 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:19 am

Yup!

It's like being back at school, with somebody unidentified messing about that much that the whole class gets detention until, either he/she owns up or somebody else puts the finger on them. Meanwhile the majority of the class doesn't even know who the culprit is.

This 'punish all' strategy doesn't seem to exist much outside of football.
Yes but it’s the easiest option for the authorities. Punish the whole group for the sins of the few is the lazy way of tackling an issue, and doesn’t get to the bottom of it. I guess we shouldn’t expect anything better from the Football Authorities.

LMQuaker

Post by LMQuaker » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:25 pm

Just walked into the ground here, no search at all. And they wonder how people manage to get flares in...

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:24 pm

LMQuaker wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:25 pm
Just walked into the ground here, no search at all. And they wonder how people manage to get flares in...
No I wasn’t searched either. Mind you as an old git I probably don’t fit the likely demographic of a flare throwing hooligan.