National League TV.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

National League TV.

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:16 pm

Who on this board has tried streaming a Darlo game on NLTV - If so how did it go?

I’ve picked up somewhere that it’s not very good.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

MB86DFC

Re: National League TV.

Post by MB86DFC » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:46 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:16 pm
Who on this board has tried streaming a Darlo game on NLTV - If so how did it go?

I’ve picked up somewhere that it’s not very good.
Depends on the home team. I’ve watched 4 or 5 and they’ve all been ok

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:46 pm

I've had a couple of ropey ones but on the whole its been OK although not Quaker TV standard. Anyone know how much we've made from it?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:29 pm

Had a couple with no commentary earlier in the season but certainly no complaints since well before Christmas.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:32 pm

dfcdfcdfc wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:46 pm
I've had a couple of ropey ones but on the whole its been OK although not Quaker TV standard. Anyone know how much we've made from it?
As we make just under a fiver per buyer I would not have thought it would be much, but every little helps.
I doubt it would have many people stopping going to games to watch so all profit, and a boon to overseas fans and those who can't make it for whatever reason

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:08 pm

I’ve watched a few this season, our home matches always have commentary but the away matches are hit and miss. To be honest with their accents having no commentary on Tuesday might not be a bad thing as I don’t believe there are any subtitles.

Quality isn’t too bad considering, one of the matches was reimbursed as the majority of the match was buffering.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:11 pm

TKOA wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:08 pm
I’ve watched a few this season, our home matches always have commentary but the away matches are hit and miss. To be honest with their accents having no commentary on Tuesday might not be a bad thing as I don’t believe there are any subtitles.

Quality isn’t too bad considering, one of the matches was reimbursed as the majority of the match was buffering.
Same, home matches have always been fine, but some of the away games have had no commentary and poor camera positions. Unfortunately, the stream is quite a way behind the Darlo fans radio commentary so you can't watch the two together.

LMQuaker

Post by LMQuaker » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:14 pm

Not been too bad the ones I've watched, hit and miss with the commentary though. The one thing that does annoy me mind is how there is no timer, just says 1st or 2nd half. Can't be too difficult to add that surely?

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:20 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:11 pm
TKOA wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:08 pm

Same, home matches have always been fine, but some of the away games have had no commentary and poor camera positions. Unfortunately, the stream is quite a way behind the Darlo fans radio commentary so you can't watch the two together.
Aye that was a shame as I tried to listen to DFR when there was no commentary but there appears to be a 2 minute lag. The stream doesn’t usually start till bang on 1945 and that is only the teams walking out. The lack of a timer is annoying too.

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:19 pm

You can pause DFR until it is in sync with NLTV. Took me a while to find it on my phone - an Android. With the mixlr app running you go back to the front screen where you normally login to the phone with your PIN and you will see Mixlr with a pause button on it. You still have to mess about a bit to restart at the point where the action is up to but you can get it more or less spot on.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:15 pm

dfcdfcdfc wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:19 pm
You can pause DFR until it is in sync with NLTV. Took me a while to find it on my phone - an Android. With the mixlr app running you go back to the front screen where you normally login to the phone with your PIN and you will see Mixlr with a pause button on it. You still have to mess about a bit to restart at the point where the action is up to but you can get it more or less spot on.
Nice, will give it a go. Couldn't see a way to pause on the desktop version.

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:28 pm

dfcdfcdfc wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:19 pm
Thanks will give that a go! 👍