Needed points minimum

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Needed points minimum

Post by onewayup » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:22 am

Keeping the carrot dangling, I think we need win a minimum of 3 with 2 or 3 draws that will get us to 53 points, getting to be a very close call.

lo36789

Re: Needed points minimum

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:32 am

We need one more win to put it in our hands entirely. That's all I care about.

We play Blyth, Rushall, Farsley and Southport so it's in our hands to stop them getting points and to get three ourselves.

Those teams are all withing 6 points of us. We need to win one more game than them in the final 8 and beat them.

History suggests that 4 teams will not get more than 50 points.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:13 am

Blyth, Rushall, Farsley and Southport matches are the definitive six-pointers. However, after the performances and results of the last 4 games prior to yesterday, I'd not rule out picking up points at home to Peterborough Sports and even Chorley. Warrington away will be difficult and ideally we don't want to be going to Chester needing a result. It's going to be very tight but I think we can stay up...just.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:46 am

I’m hoping we have it sewn up by the time we get to Chester. We don’t seem to do draws but I’d say all of our remaining home games are winnable, we owe Chorley one as well!

LMQuaker

Post by LMQuaker » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:47 am

Worried with how knackered they all look. Desperately need some new bodies in but doesn't seem to be any whiff of that. We're a Cedric Main injury away from disaster.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:38 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:13 am
Blyth, Rushall, Farsley and Southport matches are the definitive six-pointers. However, after the performances and results of the last 4 games prior to yesterday, I'd not rule out picking up points at home to Peterborough Sports and even Chorley. Warrington away will be difficult and ideally we don't want to be going to Chester needing a result. It's going to be very tight but I think we can stay up...just.
You wouldn't rule out picking up points at home to Peterborough Sports. I absolutely expect us to beat them. We're playing like a top 7 team recently, we've started looking good at home and they're mid table with probably not a lot to play for.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:56 pm

As I've said before, I expect us to stay up comfortably with room to spare - ie done before the last day, and losing at Spendy doesn't change that. We were never going to win every single match until the end of the season.

Obviously mounting injuries are a concern, so we could probably do with a couple of new faces in, just in case.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:09 pm

LMQuaker wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:47 am
Worried with how knackered they all look. Desperately need some new bodies in but doesn't seem to be any whiff of that. We're a Cedric Main injury away from disaster.
I was thinking that about Main yesterday. If he got nobbled we would be in bother.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

en passant

Post by en passant » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:25 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:09 pm
LMQuaker wrote:
I was thinking that about Main yesterday. If he got nobbled we would be in bother.
You are forgetting about Asante who is only two months away from being almost ready to maybe be back in training with a view to being match fit after a short preseason of four weeks.

Quakers2009

Post by Quakers2009 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:56 pm

en passant wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:25 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
LMQuaker wrote:
You are forgetting about Asante who is only two months away from being almost ready to maybe be back in training with a view to being match fit after a short preseason of four weeks.
I just genuinely cannot believe he isn't fit yet - even our own SLO said he could really strike a ball back in December at Rockliffe. :roll:

Speaking of reinforcements, where's Vasileiou?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:54 am

Quakers2009 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:56 pm
en passant wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:25 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
LMQuaker wrote:
I just genuinely cannot believe he isn't fit yet - even our own SLO said he could really strike a ball back in December at Rockliffe. :roll:

Speaking of reinforcements, where's Vasileiou?
Guessing there's a jar of Vasileiou in the trainer's black bag.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:05 pm

See if you can find Windass in that bag aswell another one who has gone AWOL for several months

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:41 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:05 pm
See if you can find Windass in that bag aswell another one who has gone AWOL for several months
Someone who doesn't get a mention on here... we might not be paying him much as part of the loan deal but it soon will add up to being a disastrous signing!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:41 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:56 pm
As I've said before, I expect us to stay up comfortably with room to spare - ie done before the last day, and losing at Spendy doesn't change that. We were never going to win every single match until the end of the season.

Obviously mounting injuries are a concern, so we could probably do with a couple of new faces in, just in case.
I'd have been happy with 2 points from Scunthorpe and Spennymoor (probably would've settled for a single point from the two games), so to have got 3 points puts us in a better position than I'd expected.

The most important thing is that we don't let Saturday's result affect confidence and momentum and get back to picking up 3 points on a regular basis. We have some very winnable games still to play as long as the team believe they can win them and play as they have been over the last month.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:23 pm

I agree that Main is a vital cog for us - the way he held off Spen's full back then nut-megged him for that early chance was great to see at our level. Watch it again on the highlights - real ability.

The_Natural

Post by The_Natural » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:30 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:56 pm

Agreed it’s not like we are chasing playoffs and the teams around us are winning every week

Staying up with at least a game to spare based on recent form and 3 points vs Blyth who are likely shitting it