Points deduction

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
User avatar
Lawman3
Posts: 1307
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:47 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Points deduction

Post by Lawman3 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:17 pm

I see from Facebook that we have a suspended points deduction. I must have missed/ forgotten about this. What was it for? And will last night’s flare incident impact have an impact?
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

lo36789
Posts: 10973
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Points deduction

Post by lo36789 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:04 pm

The league are the only ones who can issue points deductions and stuff like pryros is the FA's domain.

The only thing you usually get points deductions for is league administrative issues.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 14107
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Points deduction

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:05 pm

Lawman3 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:17 pm
I see from Facebook that we have a suspended points deduction. I must have missed/ forgotten about this. What was it for? And will last night’s flare incident impact have an impact?
Was it now for the crowd trouble at Scarborough last season.

lo36789
Posts: 10973
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Points deduction

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:17 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:05 pm
Lawman3 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:17 pm
I see from Facebook that we have a suspended points deduction. I must have missed/ forgotten about this. What was it for? And will last night’s flare incident impact have an impact?
Was it now for the crowd trouble at Scarborough last season.
I was almost sure that was an FA matter not a league matter.

The last suspended points that I remember was for a player who didn't have international clearance from years ago.

I've found it. It was for failing to fulfil fixtures during COVID. When we refused to play..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... hmQjq6YXxP

User avatar
Lawman3
Posts: 1307
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:47 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Points deduction

Post by Lawman3 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:22 am

Thanks. The decision there was a 2 point deduction suspended on the basis that there wasn’t another breach in the 21/22 season. That would mean it’s gone, unless we have another one that we don’t know about.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

lo36789
Posts: 10973
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Points deduction

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:56 am

That is the last mention of a points deduction on the club website / news.

Whilst abusing match officials and crowd behaviour issues are against FA rules they aren't contrary to any league competition rules - and only one can result in a points deduction.

Darlopartisan
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Points deduction

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:13 pm

In the echo it’s saying we could be playing behind closed doors after the pyrotechnics incidents at Darlo&Spenny,
Got to find these feral little scroats and get them banned for life, they have no idea of the harm they are doing to the club and probably don’t care, so if anyone knows the culprits let the club know please.

Yarblockos
Posts: 1049
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Points deduction

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:32 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:13 pm
In the echo it’s saying we could be playing behind closed doors after the pyrotechnics incidents at Darlo&Spenny,
Got to find these feral little scroats and get them banned for life, they have no idea of the harm they are doing to the club and probably don’t care, so if anyone knows the culprits let the club know please.
Its a criminal offence and they can be giving a banning order. The idea of us being forced to play behind closed doors comes from Ray Simpson. I have no knoweldge of the FA ever forcing any club to play behind closed doors due to flares being thrown.

lo36789
Posts: 10973
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Points deduction

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:37 pm

Bury are behind closed doors at the moment which was in part due to pyrotechnics.

The difference they are under County FA discipline - I haven't seen Wembley ever issue that out.

I don't think they can it would set a precedent which they would have to apply from top to bottom.

Yarblockos
Posts: 1049
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Points deduction

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:08 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:37 pm
Bury are behind closed doors at the moment which was in part due to pyrotechnics.

The difference they are under County FA discipline - I haven't seen Wembley ever issue that out.

I don't think they can it would set a precedent which they would have to apply from top to bottom.
I thought Bury was due to offensive chanting/abuse from fans?

User avatar
TKOA
Posts: 949
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:59 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Manchester

Re: Points deduction

Post by TKOA » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:11 pm

The Bury 2 match ban was for discriminatory language.

lo36789
Posts: 10973
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Points deduction

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:42 pm

TKOA wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:11 pm
The Bury 2 match ban was for discriminatory language.
My understanding is that it was for about 8 separate charges in the past 2 seasons. These have ranged from racism, pitch invasions, general violent disorder and also pyros.

User avatar
TKOA
Posts: 949
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:59 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Manchester

Re: Points deduction

Post by TKOA » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:32 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:42 pm
TKOA wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:11 pm
The Bury 2 match ban was for discriminatory language.
My understanding is that it was for about 8 separate charges in the past 2 seasons. These have ranged from racism, pitch invasions, general violent disorder and also pyros.
https://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/footb ... nts-anchor

I found out from this article which suggests it was from The West Chorlton & Didsbury match but that does seem excessive so they could have missed that out.

Yarblockos
Posts: 1049
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Points deduction

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:12 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:42 pm
TKOA wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:11 pm
The Bury 2 match ban was for discriminatory language.
My understanding is that it was for about 8 separate charges in the past 2 seasons. These have ranged from racism, pitch invasions, general violent disorder and also pyros.
Yes, the decision to close the ground was made becaue Bury had seven recent offences, which included flares.

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/cfa/manch ... ashx?la=en

lo36789
Posts: 10973
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Points deduction

Post by lo36789 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:53 pm

Haha I only knew the detail from speaking to Bury's manager.

I don't think that has it been an FA rather than County FA decision it would be the same. These issue are at the extreme end of what a County FA would deal with so they don't have much precedent.

Post Reply