Banbury

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Since 68
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Banbury

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:27 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:22 pm
Do the SC still have insurance to cover what fans have paid on travel, in the event of a game being called off at late notice?
No we don't. Haven't had it for many years now as the insurance premium became too prohibitive to warrant the cost

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:41 am

Only positive I can think of from the postponement is we didn't pick up any more injuries.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:12 am

jjljks wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:41 am
Only positive I can think of from the postponement is we didn't pick up any more injuries.
Yes and hopefully Wheater is closer to making a return. 3 home games coming up Spennymoor, Southport and Telford, so this would be a great time to get back to winning ways at home. Imagine the boost it would give us to collect 9 points from these matches. That has to be the target.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:41 pm

Banbury's "perfectly playable" pitch is still frozen and tonight's Trophy match is off again. It's made their manager look a complete clown for saying "no problems" with the pitch on Saturday. That's FOUR postponements in just over a week. They should never have dragged our players and fans all the way down there when the pitch was clearly unfit... and it's still so several days later.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:55 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:41 pm
Banbury's "perfectly playable" pitch is still frozen and tonight's Trophy match is off again. It's made their manager look a complete clown for saying "no problems" with the pitch on Saturday. That's FOUR postponements in just over a week. They should never have dragged our players and fans all the way down there when the pitch was clearly unfit... and it's still so several days later.
Again! The next round of the fa trophy is a couple of weeks away so this needs playing asap. Is there a maximum number of times a tie can be called off before it gets reversed or goes to a neutral ground i wonder
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:02 pm

I don't think a couple of hundred darlo fans who were down there for a game that was never gonna go ahead on Saturday would give a flying feck if Banbury were just chucked out.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:10 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:02 pm
I don't think a couple of hundred darlo fans who were down there for a game that was never gonna go ahead on Saturday would give a flying feck if Banbury were just chucked out.
Me neither. Rather Coalville get a bye to the next round
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams