Chorley v Darlo

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JE93
Team Supported: Darlington

Chorley v Darlo

Post by JE93 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:20 am

A tough trip to Boston has been traded for a tough looking trip to Chorley. Chorley seem a slightly difficult team to read, looking at the table their position looks very promising, in the playoff places despite having played one less game than those around them. With 17 goals scored in just 7 games to they look a potent attack, but 13 of those goals were scores in 2 games against Gloucster and Chester. Irrespective of all of that it always feels like a tough trip when we go to Victory Park.

Good news from the echo suggesting that that both Griffiths and Nelson will both be available for selection. Not holding out much hope the Smith will be based on how he hobbled off vs Hereford. That being the case I imagine it will be Griffiths and Hedley at either fullback. Rest of the team seems likely to be the same to the one which has played the last 2 games. We've had goals in us all season so if we can keep up the more recent defensive solidity that we've seen in recent weeks, we'll give ourselves a good chance of getting a result.

--------------------------- Taylor ----------------------------
Griffiths -------- Ellis ----- Storey -------- Hedley
Rivers ----- Hatfield --- Wheatley --- Dos Santos
-------------- Charman --- Cassidy -------------------

Subs: Martin, Purver , Taylor, Nelson, Mondal

Old Git

Re: Chorley v Darlo

Post by Old Git » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:06 am

Good to hear Alun in his interview with Ray. Sounded in good form and optimistic for the rest of the season. Looks like we finally have a strong squad that he is happy with and that he thinks will be competitive. 10 points from 8 games is not a disaster and gives us a platform to build on going forward.
Tough game at Chorley but looks like Griffiths will be available so same team again with him coming in at right back and Hedley switching to left side. Would be satisfied with a draw but hoping we might just edge it.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:38 pm

I agree that we could edge it-clean sheets a good goalie and a very good forward line. Full marks for turning our season around
Let's win another one for the gaffer.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:55 am

JE93 wrote:A tough trip to Boston has been traded for a tough looking trip to Chorley. Chorley seem a slightly difficult team to read, looking at the table their position looks very promising, in the playoff places despite having played one less game than those around them. With 17 goals scored in just 7 games to they look a potent attack, but 13 of those goals were scores in 2 games against Gloucster and Chester. Irrespective of all of that it always feels like a tough trip when we go to Victory Park.

Good news from the echo suggesting that that both Griffiths and Nelson will both be available for selection. Not holding out much hope the Smith will be based on how he hobbled off vs Hereford. That being the case I imagine it will be Griffiths and Hedley at either fullback. Rest of the team seems likely to be the same to the one which has played the last 2 games. We've had goals in us all season so if we can keep up the more recent defensive solidity that we've seen in recent weeks, we'll give ourselves a good chance of getting a result.

--------------------------- Taylor ----------------------------
Griffiths -------- Ellis ----- Storey -------- Hedley
Rivers ----- Hatfield --- Wheatley --- Dos Santos
-------------- Charman --- Cassidy -------------------

Subs: Martin, Purver , Taylor, Nelson, Mondal
Would guess Rose would be on the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:26 am

Mind went blank when it came to the bench. Think you're right, I'd probably swap in Lambert & Rose for Mondal & Martin.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:07 am

JE93 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:26 am
Mind went blank when it came to the bench. Think you're right, I'd probably swap in Lambert & Rose for Mondal & Martin.
Great to have real competition not only for the starting eleven but also on the bench.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:38 pm

Looks like Mondal must at least be on the bench, they've tweeted out a locker room picture and his kit is hanging there.

I can't quite pick the bench / who misses out. It's nice we have a full squad though. I notice Sangyang and Beauchamp have both gone out on dual-registration basis. Beauchamp has been a rather odd signing, I have to say. I can't imagine he was ever going to get much of a look in when we have Cassidy, Charman, and Nelson.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Why is it every time there’s a dangerous shot, Cansfield makes us wait 5 seconds for the outcome? The wait it torture.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:47 pm

1 down

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:04 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:20 pm
Why is it every time there’s a dangerous shot, Cansfield makes us wait 5 seconds for the outcome? The wait it torture.

Chuckle. As a football commentator he is a one off......
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:12 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Quaker85 wrote:

Nothing wrong with DFR, excellent service.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:50 pm

Ray Simpson : says it all when the keeper is man of the match. Don’t recall him saying that last week

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:27 pm

That's a game we should not have lost. Had most of the ball and played the better football against a long-ball, set piece team. Bit more composure and quality around the box and we would be bringing 3 points home. Undone by a couple of slack moments at the back. I would say that will be a temporary setback in our progress.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:28 pm

A disappointing result but seems we created plenty of chances and could have got something from the game. We have 3 winnable games left this month against Leamington Southport and Guiesley so we still have a decent opportunity to climb up the league.

bga

Post by bga » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:41 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:27 pm
That's a game we should not have lost. Had most of the ball and played the better football against a long-ball, set piece team. Bit more composure and quality around the box and we would be bringing 3 points home. Undone by a couple of slack moments at the back. I would say that will be a temporary setback in our progress.
Agree with most of that summary. Real shame Rivers did not put that chance away when one on one with the keeper when was still scoreless. Personally I thought a draw would have been a fair result.
Enjoyable match and as usual good company.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:34 pm

Thought we played some good stuff again, dominated possession. Just let down by a couple of lapses at the back.

How Rivers and Dos Santos missed those 2 sitters I don’t know. Dos Santos’s chance looked harder to miss.

Minor blip, fully expect us to be back at winning ways next weekend.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:45 pm

Good to see Nelson get some more game time, be great for us when he’s fully fit, can’t be to far off now :thumbup:

bga

Post by bga » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:40 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:45 pm
Good to see Nelson get some more game time, be great for us when he’s fully fit, can’t be to far off now :thumbup:
I think he got less than 10 minutes or so! Needs to play for longer than that in my opinion to build up his fitness. On a positive note I thought Lambert looked quite good when he came on.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:19 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Hope you are correct about Nelson because if Charman keeps on scoring he will likely be moving on and we will need a fit Nelson to take over.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:33 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:19 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:
Hope you are correct about Nelson because if Charman keeps on scoring he will likely be moving on and we will need a fit Nelson to take over.
We will be getting a hefty fee then as he’s just signed a 2 year deal in the summer and we won’t be letting him go cheaply.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:30 pm

I hate watching us lose but can't fault the efforts of the players. Chorley fans saying we should have drawn or won and I thought we were unlucky. Great turnout once again and good to see familiar faces. Ellis is a brilliant addition-how many headers did he win?! An enjoyable afternoon of footie.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:18 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Quaker85 wrote:

Nothing wrong with DFR, excellent service.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Well…….Not sure everyone would agree on Cansfield.

I prefer not to listen when he’s on. The commentary is unlistenable as you can’t understand what’s going on.

And yes, before anyone starts, I know they’re volunteers blah blah blah.

But it’s a personal preference and the others are much better.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:16 am

Quaker85 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:50 pm
Ray Simpson : says it all when the keeper is man of the match. Don’t recall him saying that last week Image

Ray meant the Chorley keeper was MOTM due to a solid display against our forwards.
Last week it was Taylor who kept the clean sheet & deservedly also got MOTM

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:06 am

Even they thought we were the better team!

https://www.chorley-guardian.co.uk/spor ... rs-3422222

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:54 am

jjljks wrote:
Quaker85 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:50 pm
Ray Simpson : says it all when the keeper is man of the match. Don’t recall him saying that last week Image

Ray meant the Chorley keeper was MOTM due to a solid display against our forwards.
Last week it was Taylor who kept the clean sheet & deservedly also got MOTM
All about emphasis. That’s all I’m saying.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:27 am

I suppose we can always just switch off if we're unhappy with a commentator. Even some of the very experienced, highly paid commentators and pundits can really annoy me but we've not got the choice of Motson or Green so I'll carry on listening to DFR when I can. Keep up the excellent work!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:18 am

Overall I think DFR are doing a good job and providing a much appreciated service to fans who don’t attend away games so let’s not be too critical. Michael has his own style of commentary which is his way of doing it and may not suit everyone but that is how he does it. Listening to Darlington on the radio has always been a form of torture for me and I usually dip in and out rather than listening constantly. That is not because of the commentary but because I imagine the opposition are about to score every time they enter our half.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:51 pm

DFR & QTV are providing an excellent service for the whole club. Contrast that to the (non)coverage provided by BBC & the Echo....

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:24 pm

jjljks wrote:DFR & QTV are providing an excellent service for the whole club. Contrast that to the (non)coverage provided by BBC & the Echo....
Where did anyone question the service provided?

All I said was one commentator wasn’t to my liking.

Wind down with your victim complex.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:40 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:24 pm

Where did anyone question the service provided?

All I said was one commentator wasn’t to my liking.

Wind down with your victim complex.
Careful gramps, there are a pious few who believe anyone connected with DFC is above criticism and I know you're not one to tread on anyone's toes....
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly