National League AGM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JE93
Team Supported: Darlington

National League AGM

Post by JE93 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:12 pm

Interesting things from the National League AGM this afternoon, clubs defied the advice of the board on voting to establish an ethics committee and a work group to focus on imposing budget caps for the 22/23 season. Initial conversations are that NL would be capped at 900k and NLN/NLS would be capped at £540,000.

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/statu ... 68423?s=19

Not sure how this will work based on the fact L1 & L2 had their salary caps over turned in fairly short order. But atleast its getting conversations about finance on the board for discussion.

Updated with full league statement: https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/na ... d-up-66465

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Re: National League AGM

Post by shildonlad » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:17 pm

Whether that salary thing gets passed is another matter not to mention if there are ways round it, but hey its a start and at least its been talked about
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:17 am

JE93 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:12 pm
Interesting things from the National League AGM this afternoon, clubs defied the advice of the board on voting to establish an ethics committee and a work group to focus on imposing budget caps for the 22/23 season. Initial conversations are that NL would be capped at 900k and NLN/NLS would be capped at £540,000.

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/statu ... 68423?s=19

Not sure how this will work based on the fact L1 & L2 had their salary caps over turned in fairly short order. But atleast its getting conversations about finance on the board for discussion.

Updated with full league statement: https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/na ... d-up-66465
Clubs were informed "Season will not start without either spectators or Grant funding in place". Here we go again.......

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:25 am

I hope that minutes were taken at this zoom meeting, really expect some shenanigans after what happened over the last year from the national league's management, just cannot trust as fact what say,

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:59 am

onewayup wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:25 am
I hope that minutes were taken at this zoom meeting, really expect some shenanigans after what happened over the last year from the national league's management, just cannot trust as fact what say,
The clubs should record everything. Fool me once shame on you/Fool me twice etc....
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:34 am

onewayup wrote:
Still waiting for DCMS to comply with Ollie Bayliss' FoI request after they confirmed they do have material.

They still haven't released it have they?

Makes you wonder what DCMS have to hide

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:29 pm

spen666 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:34 am
onewayup wrote:
Still waiting for DCMS to comply with Ollie Bayliss' FoI request after they confirmed they do have material.

There is a time limit to comply with such requests. You would have thought this might have expired by now?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:12 am

bga wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:29 pm
spen666 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:34 am
onewayup wrote:

There is a time limit to comply with such requests. You would have thought this might have expired by now?

Just seen this from Ollie Bayliss.

The DCMS still not releasing the minutes.

You have to wonder if the DCMS have something to hide and this is reason for non compliance

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:33 am

Is very strange.

Not sure how you get the regulator to take on the government with these things though - often penalty regimes tend to align with revenues / profits. Ollie has confirmed the regulator have demanded that DCMS comply but they are basically non-responsive.

If the DCMS are covering their tracks it would suggest they did guarantee grants...

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:59 am

Ollie says this - Quote.

"135 days after I submitted an FOI, the DCMS still hasn't provided details of its National League funding meeting.

The Information Commissioner's Office upheld my complaint on this delay and on 9th June told the DCMS to respond within 20 working days - sadly it hasn't done that."

My view is that they will eventually have to play by the rules. At present they are behaving like a naughty child. To me, this is further proof that Ives is a twat.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

bga

Post by bga » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:52 am

Sorry cannot seem to cut and paste link from my phone but see Club news today regards approval of a Winter Survival Loan. They seem to be the good guys now!

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:59 am

bga wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:52 am
Sorry cannot seem to cut and paste link from my phone but see Club news today regards approval of a Winter Survival Loan. They seem to be the good guys now!
https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/thanks-to-the-dcms

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:08 pm

bga wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:52 am
£64,800 repayable over 20 years.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:11 pm

Either they lied to cover up frailty, or covered up their frailty with a lie ,either way something is broken with the system operated by them, hard fact if they were above board and didn't have anything to hide I would assume that the minutes they supposedly hold would have been released to ollie. Says everything we all suspected really..

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:14 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:59 am
Ollie says this - Quote.

"135 days after I submitted an FOI, the DCMS still hasn't provided details of its National League funding meeting.

The Information Commissioner's Office upheld my complaint on this delay and on 9th June told the DCMS to respond within 20 working days - sadly it hasn't done that."

My view is that they will eventually have to play by the rules. At present they are behaving like a naughty child. To me, this is further proof that Ives is a twat.
I don't known if I am biting here...but what on earth has Mark Ives got to do with DCMS?

The Department for Culture, Media and Sport is a government department. Oliver Dowden is the secretary of state - this is the UK Government ignoring a regulator.

It will be really interesting. It might be nothing, just a government department being slow at admin (wouldn't be the first time), if they are deliberately not wanting it to come out it could mean that the league were right. That when Mike Tattersall met with DCMS in 2020 there were commitments made that government support would persist for as long as the government prevented fans from being in stadiums.

Tattersall was always going anyway because of the distribution of funds and the issues with the report so not sure it has much bearing on his departure. I don't know if it makes much difference in the long run, fans I expect will just blame the league for relying on a promise from government - whereas right now they are blaming them for not being able to evidence securing a promise from government.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:15 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:14 pm
[quote=theoriginalfatcat post_id=477108 time=<a href="tel:1625828357">1625828357</a> user_id=376]
Ollie says this - Quote.

I don't known if I am biting here...but what on earth has Mark Ives got to do with DCMS?

The Department for Culture, Media and Sport is a government department. Oliver Dowden is the secretary of state - this is the UK Government ignoring a regulator.

It will be really interesting. It might be nothing, just a government department being slow at admin (wouldn't be the first time), if they are deliberately not wanting it to come out it could mean that the league were right. That when Mike Tattersall met with DCMS in 2020 there were commitments made that government support would persist for as long as the government prevented fans from being in stadiums.

Tattersall was always going anyway because of the distribution of funds and the issues with the report so not sure it has much bearing on his departure. I don't know if it makes much difference in the long run, fans I expect will just blame the league for relying on a promise from government - whereas right now they are blaming them for not being able to evidence securing a promise from government.
[/quote]

Yes Lo. I miss-read completely and made a mistake, oops. :oops:
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!