Erico Sousa

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

jjljks
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Erico Sousa

Post by jjljks » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:40 am

Erico wanted to shop window himself, and it suited us for a time. He was never going to stay as some lads like Thomo. Good to see he started & did 90mns with Grimsby v Barnet.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:44 am

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:00 pm
Is it just me or is anyone else thinking that this rebuild is not going well? We have lost a lot of talent this close season and looking at the squad I'm not yet convinced the signings we have made will adequately replace those that have left, never mind the number we have on the books currently.

Pessimistic I know but a little concerning.
In his interview 16th May AA stated "I could sign players now and have a full squad but believe I can get players higher up for value for money" I suspect in hindsight he wished he had got that full squad in place and concentrated on training instead of finding a big enough ladder to get over the brick wall to get a decent phone signal.

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:42 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:44 am
real_darlo_85 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:00 pm
Is it just me or is anyone else thinking that this rebuild is not going well? We have lost a lot of talent this close season and looking at the squad I'm not yet convinced the signings we have made will adequately replace those that have left, never mind the number we have on the books currently.

Pessimistic I know but a little concerning.
In his interview 16th May AA stated "I could sign players now and have a full squad but believe I can get players higher up for value for money" I suspect in hindsight he wished he had got that full squad in place and concentrated on training instead of finding a big enough ladder to get over the brick wall to get a decent phone signal.
Exactly this, sadly.