M & S

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

roadrunner
Team Supported: Darlington

M & S

Post by roadrunner » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:05 pm

M & S say there in it together or not at all.

Spyman

Re: M & S

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Is M 'Martin' or 'McClaren'?

Either way, the answer is not at all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:27 pm

McClaren and he took training last week hence our dip in form.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:28 pm

McClaren is in Israel at the moment.

Constantly starting new rumours day in day out, get a hobby man.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Don't think so he was in Birmingham this afternoon

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:55 am

roadrunner wrote:Don't think so he was in Birmingham this afternoon
Is he an investor or does he fill in for MG now again? Make your mind up.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:40 am

Birmingham job is available.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:07 am

notgnilrad wrote:Birmingham job is available.
I'm sure their fans are relishing that prospect.

TDS

Post by TDS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:38 am

Does he sniff around all clubs in crises or what? I'm not against McLaren coming in, I just don't see why he'd want to hamstring himself up with Singh, unless of course he can see dollar signs in the old Arena.

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:02 am

Believe me. Steve has no interest in making money out the Arena. His only interest is supporting Martin and the football club. Problem is that Steve can't invest directly himself because it would stop him getting another managerial post... and despite some bad experiences recently,
he's keen to get another job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bga

Post by bga » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:24 am

roadrunner wrote:McClaren and he took training last week hence our dip in form.
Now that is news McClaren and Raj taking training!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:34 am

The Golden Hairclip wrote:Believe me. Steve has no interest in making money out the Arena. His only interest is supporting Martin and the football club. Problem is that Steve can't invest directly himself because it would stop him getting another managerial post... and despite some bad experiences recently,
he's keen to get another job.

Out of curiosity, is it an FA rule that you can't be an employee of one club if you have a substantial investment in another club? Or is it a practical issue - ie club wont employ you if you are connected financially with a second club?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:37 am

The Golden Hairclip wrote:Believe me. Steve has no interest in making money out the Arena. His only interest is supporting Martin and the football club.
So donate it then no strings attached then he gets what he is interested in and doesn't tie himself into a conflict of interest situation.

Or get his wife / children to invest...sorry there are so so many other options that there is clearly a wider interest.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:49 am

lo36789 wrote:
The Golden Hairclip wrote:Believe me. Steve has no interest in making money out the Arena. His only interest is supporting Martin and the football club.
So donate it then no strings attached then he gets what he is interested in and doesn't tie himself into a conflict of interest situation.

Or get his wife / children to invest...sorry there are so so many other options that there is clearly a wider interest.

Good spot lo. :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:16 am

RULES OF THE FA CHALLENGE CUP COMPETITION

24. DUAL INTERESTS AND ASSOCIATION
(a) Save with the prior written consent of the Professional Game Board, no Club may participate in the Competition at any stage where that Club is interested in another Club which is participating in the Competition or wishing to participate in the Competition (the “Second Club”). The Second Club shall similarly not be permitted to participate in the Competition at any stage.
(b) Save with the prior written consent of the Professional Game Board, no Club may participate in the Competition at any time where a person, or any associate of that person, is interested in such Club and a Second Club participating or wishing to participate in the Competition. The Second Club shall similarly not be permitted to participate in the Competition at any stage.
(c) For the purposes of this clause, a Club or person, or associate of that person, shall be deemed to be interested in a Club if that Club, person or associate:
(i) holds or deals in (or has made any application to hold or deal in or underwrite any issue of) the securities or shares of that Club; or
(ii) is a member of that Club; or
(iii) is involved in any capacity whatsoever in the management or administration of that Club; or
(iv) has any power whatsoever to influence the financial, commercial or business affairs or the management or administration of that Club; or
(v) has lent money to or guaranteed the debts or obligations of that Club, otherwise than in the ordinary course of banking at arm’s length.
(d) The holding or acquisition by any person (but not a Club) of not more than 10% of the issued share capital of any Club may be disregarded for the purposes of this clause provided that those shares are, in the opinion of the Professional Game Board, held purely for investment purposes only.
(e) For the purposes of this clause, an associate of a person shall be deemed to be:
(i) anyone of a close relationship with that person who, in the opinion of the Professional Game Board, is or is likely to be acting with that person; or
(ii) any company of which that person is a director or over which that person is able to exercise control or influence; or
(iii) any person who is an employee or partner of that person or is in close relationship with any such employee or partner; or
(iv) if that person or any associate of that person is a company, then any holding company or subsidiary of that company or a subsidiary of its holding company, or any director or employee of the company or any such holding company or subsidiary or person in a close relationship with any such director or employee; or
(v) if that person has an agreement or arrangement (whether legally binding or not) with any other person in relation to the exercise of their voting power in a Club or in relation to the holding or disposal of their interests in a Club, then that other person.
(f) Any act or thing prohibited in the above sections of this clause in relation to a Club or a person if done by such Club or person itself is likewise prohibited through agents, trusts, trustees, nominees, or other third parties.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:39 am

A major question then for those in the know. How could DFC be taken back to the Arena, when there is the problem of:

a) the lease for BM having to be paid off in full (unless Mowden Park took it on and groundshared)
b) the FSIF grants having to be paid back (unless they could be transferred cross-sports - I doubt it)
c) Any lease still payable from the Arena last time.

We're talking over a million pounds here. Are we really saying that any investors would write off a million pounds before investing?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:41 am

Cheers for that Robbie - so put simply you can hold upto 10% of shares in a second club (in same competition) as an investment

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:47 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:A major question then for those in the know. How could DFC be taken back to the Arena, when there is the problem of:

a) the lease for BM having to be paid off in full (unless Mowden Park took it on and groundshared)
Its a licence, not a lease! ( The club have stated this more than once. I do not know terms of it, so can't say the significance of it. However, a licence usually confers less rights ( and obligations) than a lease.) Not sure what the terms are, but there will almost certainly be break clauses in it- probably at the times of rent reviews. It is therefore likely that club would only be liable for rent up to break clause. Query if rent is £x per annum or £x per game hosted. If the latter, then there would be no rent due if no games played ( subject to any other provisions).
b) the FSIF grants having to be paid back (unless they could be transferred cross-sports - I doubt it)
Grants are made to club for specific works, so would have to be repaid. Also, the grants are made by the FOOTBALL Stadium improvement fund. The fund is for football, not multi sport/ cross sport, so would have to repay grants, possibly subject to any tapering. The repayment of grants put Newcastle Blue Star out of business

We're talking over a million pounds here. Are we really saying that any investors would write off a million pounds before investing?
Last edited by spen666 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:48 am

Could build a new ground on land adjacent to BM for that amount of money surely without a pipe involved

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:52 am

darlo reborn wrote:Could build a new ground on land adjacent to BM for that amount of money surely without a pipe involved
For what money? £1m?

Don't think so.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Why are you giving this "weasel" some credence.

He knows its Wednesday nothing more nothing less.

Everything he states is rumour and does further harm to our reputation.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:27 pm

It's not roadrunner I'm referring to here Tezza. There are others, who are much more credible, who have said things about the Arena. Anyway, the purpose of what I'm asking is to debunk the myth (or not).

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:40 pm

spen666 wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:A major question then for those in the know. How could DFC be taken back to the Arena, when there is the problem of:

Its a licence, not a lease! ( The club have stated this more than once. I do not know terms of it, so can't say the significance of it. However, a licence usually confers less rights ( and obligations) than a lease.) Not sure what the terms are, but there will almost certainly be break clauses in it- probably at the times of rent reviews. It is therefore likely that club would only be liable for rent up to break clause. Query if rent is £x per annum or £x per game hosted. If the latter, then there would be no rent due if no games played ( subject to any other provisions).
Grants are made to club for specific works, so would have to be repaid. Also, the grants are made by the FOOTBALL Stadium improvement fund. The fund is for football, not multi sport/ cross sport, so would have to repay grants, possibly subject to any tapering. The repayment of grants put Newcastle Blue Star out of business

Haven't DRFC have taken on debts to improve certain things at BM? They wouldn't be doing that, and putting their future at risk, if there wasn't a strong contract to prevent the football club leaving them high and dry.

There's also possible fees for losses associated with lost food and drink sales.

We can't leave BM, it would be way too expensive and arguably would damage our reputation.

Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:50 pm

lo36789 wrote:

Would that be Raj Strings ?

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Going back to the Reynolds Colosseum would be financially ruinous.

I would assume we'd be paying substantially higher rent to DMP also I can't see them being as accommodating, especially when it comes to moving games when we have a home fixture on the same day.

And also as has been mentioned above we'd need to buy ourselves out of Blackwell Meadows, long story short we're tied to it for the next 20 years at least.

The Arena is gone.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:03 pm

F*** Singh, F*** the arena.

Also, whoever mentioned moving onto another site at BM, for a million quid mentioned above, you could move the pipe for that, or find a way to mitigate the problems it causes. We're staying at BM, it needs a lot of work. That's the situation, we need to deal with it.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:29 pm

We went to see a Rugby game at The Arena a few weeks back.

It's easy to forget how stupidly big it is and how poor it is for watching football - it would be awful to back there.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:44 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:We went to see a Rugby game at The Arena a few weeks back.

It's easy to forget how stupidly big it is and how poor it is for watching football - it would be awful to back there.
I actually didn't mind the arena. Massively too big, but from my point of view it was ok, though I am not sure how it would feel for the players.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:58 pm

The Arena is still the coldest place on earth. Mowden manage to generate a decent noise despite the size of the stadium.
I'm not sure if the North stand is still permitted to host a crowd as they've built changing rooms in parts of the concourse.

Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:It's not roadrunner I'm referring to here Tezza. There are others, who are much more credible, who have said things about the Arena. Anyway, the purpose of what I'm asking is to debunk the myth (or not).

I was not aiming any sleight at anyone other that the cretinous isotope that is Roadrunner.

You should note he makes one thread statement and then retreats. Typical schoolboy stuff ..you know how it was before we matured and grew out of it ..Pstt you know what he is saying about you

It is pure mischief making and i suggest everyone ignores him going forward