Monday

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

QUAKERMAN2
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Monday

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:44 am

Was Josh Wheatley the midfielder who had his goal disallowed.?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:02 am

No that was Jordan Richards.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:23 am

lo36789 wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:Well, if Caton gets played by Martin as a forward hopefully his goals to game ratio will improve dramatically!
From what I seen tonight then I imagine he will be a decent signing, however one game doesn't guarantee anything. I can see why Gray has gone for him, long term one of Beck, Cartman, Caton or Saunders will surely leave as they won't be getting enough game time up front.
When we have 3 strikers we are too light up top. The moment we get a fourth then someone will leave.

Personally I think Beck, Cartman and Caton will rotate / cover each other for suspensions and injuries. Saunders as the back up.
I agree 4 strikers is required to ensure you can rotate a little and cover injuries/suspensions. It's not that I want one to leave it's more it just seems to natural thing.

However from a personal striker point of view being choice number 4 generally means they will last part of the season and then leave. Hence Dowson, Amar etc. leaving when they did.

Most strikers will do it for a while and then move on, I think Beck will be main man again, with rotation of Caton/Cartman hopefully that suits them, however I don't think we can hold Saunders back too much this season.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:37 am

Saw Jason Ainsley at the game coming to see how its done :wave:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:40 am

poppyfield wrote:Saw Jason Ainsley at the game coming to see how its done :wave:
Or looking at his next transfer targets.

If we're still trialling forwards and defenders then either the trialists won't be deemed better than we have already (in which case they're ready made for Spennymoor), or we'll need to offload players to accommodate them - and players in that scenario often go to Spennymoor.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:48 am

I have to say that a lot of credit should go to the board/volunteers/players/management for last night. I wasn't particularly looking forward to it, but really enjoyed the spectacle.

Enjoyable game, arena wasn't actually too bad (I'm not saying I want to move there), the price of the car park wasn't over inflated, decent crowd, relationship established with DMP. Well done to all involved

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:59 am

D_F_C wrote:I have to say that a lot of credit should go to the board/volunteers/players/management for last night. I wasn't particularly looking forward to it, but really enjoyed the spectacle.

Enjoyable game, arena wasn't actually too bad (I'm not saying I want to move there), the price of the car park wasn't over inflated, decent crowd, relationship established with DMP. Well done to all involved
Fingers crossed that is the last time we'll ever have to play there again. Been a real shame the last 2 pre-seasons we haven't been able to play home games due to the pitch being redone.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:34 pm

IMO Saunders would benefit from going on loan to an Evostik club where he can get regular starts rather than sit on the bench and get on the pitch for 15-20 mins at the end of the match.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:35 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:Josh Wheatley was very impressive.... as was Fenwick. I thought we were superb last night. We impressed my mate, a first timer, who's going to be coming to games with me this season after last night.
Same for me! Brought two friends who had a great time, been on about how they want to attend more games this season.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:22 pm

dfc4me wrote:IMO Saunders would benefit from going on loan to an Evostik club where he can get regular starts rather than sit on the bench and get on the pitch for 15-20 mins at the end of the match.
20 minutes at the end of a game is exactly what Saunders does want.It keeps him playing at a higher level and he can tear up tiring defenders.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:59 pm

Jordan Richards (on trial with us in Monday's game) has joined Gainsborough.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Jordan Richards (on trial with us in Monday's game) has joined Gainsborough.

It's a different Jordan Richards who has signed for Gainsborough.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Quakers83 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Jordan Richards (on trial with us in Monday's game) has joined Gainsborough.

Two Jordan Richards' on trial with National League North clubs.

How irritating.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Quakers83 wrote:

Two Jordan Richards' on trial with National League North clubs.

How irritating.

They've made you look a right mug!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:19 pm

Good job they didn't sign for Spennymoor or you might have beaten him to it.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:20 am

According to the Echo, Richards, Heaton, Wheatley & Fenwick are all included in tonight's squad as trialists.