New CEO at tonight's meeting

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

QuakerPete
Team Supported: Darlington

New CEO at tonight's meeting

Post by QuakerPete » Fri May 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Good start by the CEO, has committed to a minimum of 2 years. Said he will be working on the finances over the next few weeks with a view to the future as well as the present
Believes there is much middle ground for private investment where safeguards by fans can be put in place to protect the club - rather than just an individual having a majority shareholding
Mentioned that the "commercials" at Blackwell are negotiable annually and he intends to visit these in the near future. Also that ultimately DFC should own its own ground
Also a need to further strengthen the board of directors for more skills
Also good introductions from Wayne Raper and John Bell on having the right strategy and relationship with club directors
Promised greater transparency and communication but couldn't always promise fans would like what he'll say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Re: New CEO at tonight's meeting

Post by princes town » Fri May 26, 2017 8:39 pm

I thought he was very impressive and is exactly what the club needs. I think it will inevitably lead to the movement away from a fan-owned model. He was very much of the view that the club should aspire to football league status. He genuinely sounds like the real deal.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Fri May 26, 2017 8:44 pm

What was the crowd like tonight? Many there?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Fri May 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Probably around 80-100

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat May 27, 2017 8:20 am

All sounds very promising. After the uncertainty of the last few months, it's very pleasing to see key players signing new contracts, MG sounding positive, and the board, which was on the edge of turmoil after the fans forum, being strengthened again.

Craig's Q+A in the Echo is a good read. It sounds like his primary focus (in terms of time) will be the football club, which I think will be good for us. Having somebody with the time to explore sponsorship, investment, recruitment, etc. will hopefully make us stronger going forwards. Also great to hear John Tempest is staying on.

He's got some meetings lined up about investment already, and if there's scope for that to sit alongside partial fan ownership and appropriate safeguards then I think that could be a good move for us.

The ground talk is interesting. Would be very interested to hear his vision for this at somepoint in the future.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Sat May 27, 2017 8:27 am

Might be a stupid question, but with the 25-year lease on BM is there anything regarding us leaving early? Not sure if this is the implication or maybe a hint towards buying the ground from the rugby club?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat May 27, 2017 11:41 am

Completely new ground at BM might be the long term goal. (built on one of the other pitches). It'd probably get around issues of the lease as well, if the rugby club were still getting a cut, but we bought and owned our own stadium at the site. It'd mean less cost of infrastructure also. (could use the same car park, for example).

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat May 27, 2017 12:08 pm

The plan we were initially sold was to share while we built our own ground at the site.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat May 27, 2017 1:29 pm

If that`s the case then we must be using the main pitch to build up our ground on

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Sat May 27, 2017 1:31 pm

Owning your own ground was mentioned in relation to surviving / thriving as a league club. Though ownership would obviously bring its own benefits at any level

eddierowlesbeardd

Post by eddierowlesbeardd » Tue May 30, 2017 7:24 pm

But what about the price of pies?