Martin Gray

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Martin Gray

Post by onewayup » Fri May 12, 2017 12:50 pm

I think we need to show compassion and I for one want Martin Gray to stay and complete the marvellous job he has done for us at Darlington football club,
Let's stick together and take our club forward,get the funding going up show Martin that we can maintain and improve our lot.he misjudged the situation.
Martin I want you to stay.

shawry

Re: Martin Gray

Post by shawry » Fri May 12, 2017 12:52 pm

He ran this past Hodgy, a man most would agree we all thought had darlos interests at heart, he said go for it, I'm inclined to say move on.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

tezza

Post by tezza » Fri May 12, 2017 12:56 pm

shawry wrote:He ran this past Hodgy, a man most would agree we all thought had darlos interests at heart, he said go for it, I'm inclined to say move on.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Quickly

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:32 pm

I suspect that as Martin hasn't yet made a public statement about whether he's staying or not, he's probably not yet been able to make his mind up.
It must be a difficult decision. On the one hand he's suddenly had a lot of setbacks to take in.
A year's effort wasted at the last minute because of the seats business, and then his investment ideas kicked in to touch. Embarrassing and hurtful to anybody's pride and professionalism.
On the other hand he's Darlington FC through and through; that much was obvious when he gave his speech at the Station Hotel Northallerton 3 years ago, and that won't have changed. Since then we've shared many good times (and can share more).
I'd say this: In all jobs, even jobs you love, there are times when you hate them because things don't pan out as you want, as you expected. Some people walk, but the committed stay, often because of loyalty, the feeling that they've put down roots or because they don't want to walk away from their hard won achievements. And when you stay it often gets better.
I don't think it will be long before we find out what he decides. We are slap bang in the part of the football year when a manager must be at his busiest, sorting things out for next season. That puts the pressure on.
The seats debacle is behind us; I'm picking up that it's history, it's been accepted by the fans and we've moved on. Martin's decision is of greater importance now. If he stays I think we'll still be in the play offs next season (even if running on a shoestring) and if so, most of what's happening now will have receded from memory. He may be wondering which way the club wants to go; well we want to do the best we can with the least possible outlay - no surprises there.
Martin we know you want what's best for the club. We want you to stay.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:I suspect that as Martin hasn't yet made a public statement about whether he's staying or not, he's probably not yet been able to make his mind up.
It must be a difficult decision. On the one hand he's suddenly had a lot of setbacks to take in.
A year's effort wasted at the last minute because of the seats business, and then his investment ideas kicked in to touch. Embarrassing and hurtful to anybody's pride and professionalism.
On the other hand he's Darlington FC through and through; that much was obvious when he gave his speech at the Station Hotel Northallerton 3 years ago, and that won't have changed. Since then we've shared many good times (and can share more).
I'd say this: In all jobs, even jobs you love, there are times when you hate them because things don't pan out as you want, as you expected. Some people walk, but the committed stay, often because of loyalty, the feeling that they've put down roots or because they don't want to walk away from their hard won achievements. And when you stay it often gets better.
I don't think it will be long before we find out what he decides. We are slap bang in the part of the football year when a manager must be at his busiest, sorting things out for next season. That puts the pressure on.
The seats debacle is behind us; I'm picking up that it's history, it's been accepted by the fans and we've moved on. Martin's decision is of greater importance now. If he stays I think we'll still be in the play offs next season (even if running on a shoestring) and if so, most of what's happening now will have receded from memory. He may be wondering which way the club wants to go; well we want to do the best we can with the least possible outlay - no surprises there.
Martin we know you want what's best for the club. We want you to stay.
Spot on, Martin has given us 5 great years, loved every season since he has been in charge, will be totally gutted if he decides to move on.Really hope he gets over the disappointments of the seat and Raj situations and decides to move forward with us.Ideally if he can get a budget that he is happy with and get the squad sorted, then he can give next season a real go again knowing the ground will be up to the required standard.
Looks like the next 7 days will be crucial......fingers crossed he stays put.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 12, 2017 11:04 pm

We would not be where we are now without Gray and his dedicated team. Hopefully Gray will read this board and see all the overwhelming support he commands.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat May 13, 2017 2:28 am

Make Gary Brown manager. He's been here 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:00 am

Spyman wrote:Make Gary Brown manager. He's been here 5 years.

Have you been on the drink?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:11 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Woooooshhhhhh!!! I think Spyman was tongue in cheek as the common claim in support of Gray is "he's been here 5 years"

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 13, 2017 9:44 am

lo36789 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Woooooshhhhhh!!! I think Spyman was tongue in cheek as the common claim in support of Gray is "he's been here 5 years"
Isn't the common claim in support of Gray 3 promotions and a top 5 Nat North finish, along with his undoubted commitment to the club so far?

Just saying.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:48 am

As I say thought it was tongue in cheek..

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 13, 2017 9:53 am

Yes, I get that.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

snackweasle

Post by snackweasle » Sat May 13, 2017 11:35 am

Please stay Martin.
Unfortunately Mr Singh was always unlikely to be acceptable following his actions in 2012. I posted earlier that we should back Scotts original article and support you, without of course knowing that Mr Singh was involved. I was looking forward to finding out what Mr Singh had to say, but obviously that wont happen now. As supporters we must redouble our efforts to finance a decent side. I have just put another £100 forward and hopefully others will help so that you might continue the great work. Maybe others will come forward with alternative schemes which may be more acceptable in the future.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat May 13, 2017 1:52 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Yes, I had

Yes, I was joking

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC