Local clubs released list

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Allan Quatermain
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Local clubs released list

Post by Allan Quatermain » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:01 am

I wonder if there are any full-time clubs who have expressed an interest in spending money on Beck. MG could well be looking for a similar style of replacement before allowing talks to progress.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:59 am

Allan Quatermain wrote:I wonder if there are any full-time clubs who have expressed an interest in spending money on Beck. MG could well be looking for a similar style of replacement before allowing talks to progress.
Nowt like a bit of speculation is there!!.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:56 am

Brodie probably realises this his last chance saloon, so I'd expect he'll try and impress this afternoon. If he can't do it against Shildon, then he'll probably struggle to get a contract from us.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:28 pm

Quakerz don't have it printed in the shortened form...

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Brodie probably realises this his last chance saloon, so I'd expect he'll try and impress this afternoon. If he can't do it against Shildon, then he'll probably struggle to get a contract from us.
He had his last chance saloon at York and didn't take it, then he had another on loan at Macclesfield and didn't take it, then he had another at Boston and again didn't take it.

I can understand why the idea of Brodie seems like a good one at first thought, but having seen him play somewhat recently I really don't think he's the answer unless he's made some big changes off the field.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:01 am

Brodie is back in with Macclesfield and played for them on Saturday - in a friendly V Derby. He wants to stay a full time player - and who can blame him.

He didn't look anything special to me when he played against Shildon. He fluffed two good goal scoring opportunities and spent a lot of time grappling and tussling with various Shildon defenders that he never really got the better of.

Personally I don't wish to see him playing in a Darlo shirt as I don't like the cut of his jib.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:37 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Brodie is back in with Macclesfield and played for them on Saturday - in a friendly V Derby. He wants to stay a full time player - and who can blame him.

He didn't look anything special to me when he played against Shildon. He fluffed two good goal scoring opportunities and spent a lot of time grappling and tussling with various Shildon defenders that he never really got the better of.

Personally I don't wish to see him playing in a Darlo shirt as I don't like the cut of his jib.
Fulltime player with a part time attitude, and that is probably being unkind to part time players.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Caton has signed by the way. Not sure i've seen it mentioned on here yet. Two year deal.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:16 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote: Fulltime player with a part time attitude.
Easily the best way of describing what I've seen of Brodie. We aren't missing much, trust me. He can score a goal from nothing, but doesnt take the job or himself seriously off the pitch and has the temper tantrums of an angry 5 year old.

Not sure why Macc are keen on another look though, did the square root of bugger all on loan for them and was shipped back to York.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:25 pm

Quakerz wrote:Beck, Brodie and Cartman, The BBC indeed. 8-)
In light of the currrent outcry, we've probably binned Brodie off in favour of signing either Jodie Taylor or bringing back Amar on the same wage Brodie would have commanded.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:51 am

I'm amazed he's being looked at as a full-time pro. Macclesfield must be desperate.