Price of this new seated stand we need

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DFCAnth
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Price of this new seated stand we need

Post by DFCAnth » Wed May 03, 2017 7:53 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Craig09 wrote:Quotes just came in this morning based on 220 covered seats and the quote was £49,570.00 plus vat. ;-)
Is that just for the stand itself or does it cover installation, foundations, roof etc?

£60k just for the stand is a fair chunk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It will cover the roof as well as the installation - the clue is in the "covered seating" ;)

But - we'd still need to lay foundations and move the floodlight, so now it's up to 110k - though still a fair bit cheaper than 150k mind.

That said, it would be only 4 rows deep which is totally no good. Even the current 6 rows is no good and WILL need replacing at extra cost in the future.

We need 10 rows of seating in any seated parts, minimum. The frustrating thing for me is that modular structures can be bought at 10 rows deep, I wonder what the cost would have been for the initial 290 seater stand (or thereabouts) at 10 rows deep? I bet there wouldn't be much in it.

I think we've looked at the stadium build in terms of minimums all the way without considering further costs to knock down/rebuild stuff.
Agree with Quakers. Should have built a stand 10 rows deep, 30 seats wide. Probably would have looked pretty silly but at least it wouldn't need knocking down any time soon.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 03, 2017 8:26 pm

DFCAnth wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Craig09 wrote:Quotes just came in this morning based on 220 covered seats and the quote was £49,570.00 plus vat. ;-)
Is that just for the stand itself or does it cover installation, foundations, roof etc?

£60k just for the stand is a fair chunk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It will cover the roof as well as the installation - the clue is in the "covered seating" ;)

But - we'd still need to lay foundations and move the floodlight, so now it's up to 110k - though still a fair bit cheaper than 150k mind.

That said, it would be only 4 rows deep which is totally no good. Even the current 6 rows is no good and WILL need replacing at extra cost in the future.

We need 10 rows of seating in any seated parts, minimum. The frustrating thing for me is that modular structures can be bought at 10 rows deep, I wonder what the cost would have been for the initial 290 seater stand (or thereabouts) at 10 rows deep? I bet there wouldn't be much in it.

I think we've looked at the stadium build in terms of minimums all the way without considering further costs to knock down/rebuild stuff.
Agree with Quakers. Should have built a stand 10 rows deep, 30 seats wide. Probably would have looked pretty silly but at least it wouldn't need knocking down any time soon.
To be honest the stand we have looks pretty silly because the canopy is far too high for the deck of seats. If it was actually further back from the pitch you could fit 10 rows of seats under it.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed May 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Quakerz wrote:
To be honest the stand we have looks pretty silly because the canopy is far too high for the deck of seats. If it was actually further back from the pitch you could fit 10 rows of seats under it.
If you think our stand looks silly then you should see how high the canopy is at Fylde, hardly worth having as rain coming from 3 directions will soak all the seats.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Wed May 03, 2017 9:08 pm

loan_star wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
If you think our stand looks silly then you should see how high the canopy is at Fylde, hardly worth having as rain coming from 3 directions will soak all the seats.
The stand at Fylde has two rows of executive boxes at the back of the seats doesn't it? Our stand does look silly, the design at Tadcaster is better. I could understand it if it was the cheapest option but now it doesn't even look like that is the case. Unless they are planning on putting boxes at the back of course!?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon May 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Didn't want to start a new thread-isnt it frustrating to watch those 36,000 seats being torn out of white Hart lane and being dumped on the pitch. We only need a couple of hundred and I'm sure we'd live with them being blue!

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Sure mowden could lend us a few :-)

Gazzadfc

Post by Gazzadfc » Mon May 15, 2017 3:26 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread-isnt it frustrating to watch those 36,000 seats being torn out of white Hart lane and being dumped on the pitch. We only need a couple of hundred and I'm sure we'd live with them being blue!
Just wait for Millwall to play at Wembley in the play off final....can then ask Wembley to send us the ripped out seats.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:33 pm

I'm sure I read somewhere that Boro are replacing their seats this summer.

Red would be fine (and match the clubhouse side anyway...)

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue May 16, 2017 4:17 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread-isnt it frustrating to watch those 36,000 seats being torn out of white Hart lane and being dumped on the pitch. We only need a couple of hundred and I'm sure we'd live with them being blue!
I can see your point, but not sure we could afford them. I have a friend who is also a West Ham fan and was able to buy the seat he used to have as a season ticket holder when they demolished Upton Park. He hasn't dared tell his wife how much it cost on EBay!

Do also agree the current seating stand at BM is far too shallow & very impractical. We must learn from that mistake when the new seats are added.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:08 am

jjljks wrote:
I can see your point, but not sure we could afford them. I have a friend who is also a West Ham fan and was able to buy the seat he used to have as a season ticket holder when they demolished Upton Park. He hasn't dared tell his wife how much it cost on EBay!
My West Ham mates erm.... acquired their seats from Upton Park directly on the last game, along with lots of other souvenirs.

Do also agree the current seating stand at BM is far too shallow & very impractical. We must learn from that mistake when the new seats are added.

Can much be done now without demolishing the first block of seats and rebuilding? I had assumed the 2 blocks were to be adjacent to each other and therefore it would seem impracticable to have stands with different seat rakes would it not?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 16, 2017 9:53 am

I think we're going to end up with 2 stands, that people won't like sitting in and that if and when funds are available, will be replaced by a hopefully a single bigger structure. I realise that at the moment we don't have any other options, unless an investor gets involved.