Scott Barrow

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
Piggy_
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 9:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Scott Barrow

Post by Piggy_ » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:01 am

SW mentions Barrow fears he may have broken his arm- fingers crossed but we are looking v short in defence. Also talks about possibly getting another body in before Banbury but I’m not holding out much hope..

jjljks
Posts: 3028
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by jjljks » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:24 am

Surely we have a clause in Sukar's loan that allows him to be recalled when we have a defence crisis?

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 12672
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by Spyman » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:33 am

At least with him being on loan we can presumably terminate it early and use the money to bring someone else in if he's going to be sidelined for a while.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerlad
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:54 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by Quakerlad » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:16 am

Real shame if he is out for rest of season which I guess he will be if it is broken. Why do we seem to get such bad luck. Think he has been hugely influential in the games he has played and will be a big miss given he can play a number of positions.

Sure we wil have tried for Burton and if not, it seems like a no brainer to re call Sukar. It was perfect timing when Watson said he may have to bring someone in to ask about Sukar. Why oh why do we not get this type of info asked. I can only think it is because we did not insist on a re call and don’t want to be criticised for yet another error of judgement. Thing is though, just ask the question and immediately stop these negative thoughts from fans like me!!

To finish on a positive though, last 2 matches have shown a massive fighting spirit, desire and togetherness from every player and that’s exactly what we need over next games. Great to see to be fair.

LoidLucan
Posts: 4571
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:40 am

Barrow knows all about serious injuries during his time as a footballer. Early in his career he fractured his thigh bone and said of that injury: "I was about 5 minutes away from losing my leg. Fortunately, I was well attended to by doctors and I managed to make a recovery, and that is why I enjoy football so much."

He was also coming back from an ACL injury when we signed him on loan.

Hopefully the scan is clear because he's been excellent and always seems to have a great, positive attitude.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 7139
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by loan_star » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:39 pm

Quakerlad wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:16 am
Real shame if he is out for rest of season which I guess he will be if it is broken. Why do we seem to get such bad luck. Think he has been hugely influential in the games he has played and will be a big miss given he can play a number of positions.

Sure we wil have tried for Burton and if not, it seems like a no brainer to re call Sukar. It was perfect timing when Watson said he may have to bring someone in to ask about Sukar. Why oh why do we not get this type of info asked. I can only think it is because we did not insist on a re call and don’t want to be criticised for yet another error of judgement. Thing is though, just ask the question and immediately stop these negative thoughts from fans like me!!

To finish on a positive though, last 2 matches have shown a massive fighting spirit, desire and togetherness from every player and that’s exactly what we need over next games. Great to see to be fair.
Heard a certain chairman from up that way blocked the deal, the player wanted to come though.

User avatar
we_8_poolie
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Northallerton

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by we_8_poolie » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:24 pm

Burton isn’t involved on match day … so that certain chairman is just being awkward

User avatar
CrazyDarlo
Posts: 1212
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Thirsk

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by CrazyDarlo » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:24 am

Barrow is doubtful for tomorrow with an elbow injury. That at least doesn’t sound too serious.

User avatar
we_8_poolie
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Northallerton

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by we_8_poolie » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:51 am

Was Mitch Curry out with an elbow injury ? For 6 weeks

Darlopartisan
Posts: 1751
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:36 pm

Barrow tweeted, elbow strapped up good to go for tomorrow 👍
Excellent news

LoidLucan
Posts: 4571
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:56 pm

He's Lee Gaskell Mark 2... Injury?... What injury?

User avatar
we_8_poolie
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Northallerton

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by we_8_poolie » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:57 pm

This guys a warrior

bga
Posts: 2284
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by bga » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:43 pm

we_8_poolie wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:57 pm
This guys a warrior
Surely playing with a near broken arm can't be anything like as painful as a groin strain?

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 12672
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by Spyman » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:49 pm

bga wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:43 pm
we_8_poolie wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:57 pm
This guys a warrior
Surely playing with a near broken arm can't be anything like as painful as a groin strain?
What's "near broken"? Its either broken or it isn't, surely?

I guess its either just badly bruised or perhaps a hairline fracture? Either way, no I doubt its as bad as a groin strain as far as playing football goes.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

bga
Posts: 2284
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by bga » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:08 pm

Spyman wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:49 pm
bga wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:43 pm
we_8_poolie wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:57 pm
This guys a warrior
Surely playing with a near broken arm can't be anything like as painful as a groin strain?
What's "near broken"? Its either broken or it isn't, surely?

I guess its either just badly bruised or perhaps a hairline fracture? Either way, no I doubt its as bad as a groin strain as far as playing football goes.
Reference to it being broken was a bit tongue-in-cheek. I think SW indicated after the match last Tuesday it might have been broken? Either way, the point is made about who maybe really wants to play.

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 12672
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by Spyman » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:29 pm

Not sure your point holds up. Playing football with a sore arm is a fair bit easier than playing football with a sore groin!
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 7139
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by loan_star » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:33 pm

Its a hairline fracture apparently, it'll be sore but not enough to keep him out.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 2480
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:52 pm

I had the same injury after a fall. The only thing you can't do is turn your wrist. The hospital put me in a cast. 3 days later I visited the fracture clinic where the consultant cut the cast off and said that the best thing to do is get it moving again, and that if it's sore then just rest it in a sling for a couple of hours. So if he' s rested it in a sling since Tuesday I wouldn't be surprised to see him taking some painkillers, playing against Banbury, then back in a sling, play Tuesday, then be completely fine by next Saturday.

User avatar
we_8_poolie
Posts: 671
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:33 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Northallerton

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by we_8_poolie » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:12 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:52 pm
I had the same injury after a fall. The only thing you can't do is turn your wrist. The hospital put me in a cast. 3 days later I visited the fracture clinic where the consultant cut the cast off and said that the best thing to do is get it moving again, and that if it's sore then just rest it in a sling for a couple of hours. So if he' s rested it in a sling since Tuesday I wouldn't be surprised to see him taking some painkillers, playing against Banbury, then back in a sling, play Tuesday, then be completely fine by next Saturday.
Have you ever had a groin strain ?

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 2480
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:30 pm

I have had a groin strain while playing in goal. Had to be carried off and it knackered me for about 6 weeks. Kept coming back every so often, too. They are an utter b******.

User avatar
Lawman3
Posts: 1309
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:47 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Scott Barrow

Post by Lawman3 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:00 pm

I thought I had a groin strain. Had a few scans, saw several people about it, was told it was a variety of things. Turned out to be a stress fracture of the pubic bone.

Didn't stop me playing though.
(It did, for about 8 months).
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Post Reply