The Pride

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Re: The Pride

Post by shildonlad » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:20 pm

loan_star wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:49 pm
shildonlad wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:07 pm
Why does the manager need to be pro, are spenny training during the day now, never used to. As for football league, not impossible but would surely the ground would need major work
I heard a while back that they couldnt get in the league with their current ground anyway due to poor access and lack of on site parking
Proabably, mind some poor grounds have been accepted into the efl lately like sutton and barrow. Even thought harrogates ground has been re-developed its still seems a bit small for efl
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by lo36789 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:25 pm

Car parking requirements are pretty negligible really.

If you have 6-8 spaces for cars in a reasonable distance from the entrance you are covered.

There is a plot of land by the entrance to Spennymoor's ground which would be more than big enough to meet car parking requirements.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:57 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:14 pm

Gray would be a risky appointment as he has been out of management for over 3 years. Having said that I bet he could extract some improvement from their players.
Having said that I bet he could spend a load of money to extract some better players from other clubs. Not sure he was ever one for developing players - just buy better and move on was his philosophy here.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:17 pm

Spyman wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:57 pm
Old Git wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:14 pm

Gray would be a risky appointment as he has been out of management for over 3 years. Having said that I bet he could extract some improvement from their players.
Having said that I bet he could spend a load of money to extract some better players from other clubs. Not sure he was ever one for developing players - just buy better and move on was his philosophy here.
Didn’t say anything about developing players but I think he was good at motivating them to give 100% that was what I meant. As for extracting better players from other clubs I don’t remember too many complaints when he extracted Thompson from Durham or Galbraith from Dunston.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:10 am

Magnay, involved in the red card uproar last weekend, has now followed Miller out the door.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:16 pm

If magany was doing the biteing or whoever it was is in for a long spell on the sidelines/ band from football for a considerable time

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:38 pm

onewayup wrote:If magany was doing the biteing or whoever it was is in for a long spell on the sidelines/ band from football for a considerable time
It was the Gloucester player who was doing the biting according to the Spenny post match interview.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:53 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:38 pm
onewayup wrote:If magany was doing the biteing or whoever it was is in for a long spell on the sidelines/ band from football for a considerable time
It was the Gloucester player who was doing the biting according to the Spenny post match interview.

True but Spennymoor have a history of bending the truth a little. Remember Fencegate when Darlington fans were blamed for the sheer incompetence of the pride.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:39 pm

Old Git wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:53 pm
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:38 pm

True but Spennymoor have a history of bending the truth a little. Remember Fencegate when Darlington fans were blamed for the sheer incompetence of the pride.
That’s completely irrelevant to what happened at Gloucester though.