Davey

Threads covering important moments in Darlo's past, be they big games, big days or big events.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

BishopQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Davey

Post by BishopQuaker » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:34 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:Can someone paste the whole article onto here, I can't get on the Gazette website from work, Internet Explorer encounters an unexpected problem and has to close.
This is the only website I've come across that does this consistently.
Wait no longer!

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/8 ... o_reports/

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:12 pm

MikeinBlack wrote:
The Love Slug wrote:this smells nastily like another upcoming pile of 'A'

I really hope i'm wrong but there MUST be a reason Davey has jumped ship? Surely he's not that much of a kahunt?

God I hope i'm wrong (along with everyone else who dared to utter the dreaded word!)
I hope not, but you never know. What if Raj has had to use the season ticket sales to offset other bills and not use it on players wages/fees etc as he promissed SD - therefore leaving SD with no money to offer new signings. Not wanting to spend the next season wallowing at the unfashionable end of the BSP SD opted to apply for and accept the hereford job.
Sounds most likely to me. I wasn't convinced by Singh's claims of a "competitive budget", we just can't fund it, and neither can he. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

The club is financially unviable. I doubt we will complete our fixtures next season.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Whats annoying as well is if its all true, then Davey has probably spent the last few weeks doing sweet FA regarding strengthening our team for next season. No doubt a month lost that will cost us dear.

Darlo Fonz

Post by Darlo Fonz » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:28 pm

Gutted, Thats it. What happens to these players which he signed then?
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:40 pm

loan_star wrote:Whats annoying as well is if its all true, then Davey has probably spent the last few weeks doing sweet FA regarding strengthening our team for next season. No doubt a month lost that will cost us dear.
According to Singh we had offers on the table for 3 players.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Quakerz wrote:
loan_star wrote:Whats annoying as well is if its all true, then Davey has probably spent the last few weeks doing sweet FA regarding strengthening our team for next season. No doubt a month lost that will cost us dear.
According to Singh we had offers on the table for 3 players.
I'd expect these players (whoever they are) to hold out until the new manager is in place - see if they want to work under him etc
COME ON DARLO!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:45 pm

I'd expect them to agree to other offers that they have.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

alleztfc
Team Supported: Hartlepool United League 1

Post by alleztfc » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:06 pm

Quote: 'I mean a couple of weeks ago all was well in paradise.'

Without doubt the funniest thing i've heard since your relegation was confirmed last October.

If your idea of paradise is crashing into non-league oblivion, then I reckon you've found Nirvana. :clap:

HILARIOUS!