Where will we finish this season?

Threads covering important moments in Darlo's past, be they big games, big days or big events.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Joseph s wrote:As said in one of my previous posts, I've watched a lot of NL football down the years. I think the league is more difficult than some predict. Itll be really difficult and Yes Spennymoor are the team to beat, but are beatable. I've seen it happen on a couple of occasions.. It seems the difficulty is that if you can put a run together or say.. 10 games unbeaten at any time in the season, it jumps you up a few places in the league, cos on any given day, any team can beat any team in the NL. And for those of you who've never heard of some of your players..... Ive seen some of them, mostly the Teesside based ones.

Chris Porter - been around the league a bit, very solid, good hands and good distribution.
The Purewal twins - played in this league for Bishops but stepped up to Evo and did really well. Good energy, both v fit lads and have good ability.
David Dowson - energy to burn, hassles defenders, runs channels well and can finish. I saw him at Durham last year and he was outstanding. I think he scored a hat trick that day in the Evo stick.
Chris Emms - again, been around, v comfortable playing on the right or in behind a striker. Massively talented, when on his game is almost unplayable. Was injured at Spennymoor but still won this league. Has played higher up for Blythe and has great delivery.
Steven Harrison - in my opinion, best right back I've seen in this league. Comfortable on the ball, likes to go forward, has won the NL and Evo with Durham.
Jamie Clarke - has got a bit of stick on this forum for his age. But has been top scorer at every club he's played for in this league, and the Evo stick, pure finisher. Scored the winner at one of his former clubs Spennymoor a season or so ago. I watched him last season for Ashington in the fa cup against Guisely from the BS, he scored the winner..

So yes it will be tough, the league is tough, but there's some quality and experience in there that know how to win games at this level. And I'm sure Martin Gray won't stand for much less, if he's anything like he was when he was playing!
This lad absolutely knew his onions didn't he! Bring him back!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:52 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:God they're infuriating on that board. Part of me honestly hopes we s*** all over that league now just to shut the annoying fuckers up.
:lol:

How satisfied are you on a scale of 1-10?

Tip - answers greater than 10 are allowed.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Sorry to blow my own trumpet but
StevieMardenboro wrote:
Sorry to sound like a negative prick about our prospects. On the plus side I have been wrong in almost every prediction I have ever made about Darlo.
Check.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:33 pm

fat tony wrote:What's everyone basing this on?

Personally I'd never heard of half the teams in our league until a month ago, I don't know any of our players (apart from Gregan and Mellanby), and I've never even seen a game at this level before apart from Darlo friendlies.

Anyway, to answer the question - 1st.
Check

*victory fistpump*

It was all I had to go on, but it was all I needed - Gregan and Mellanby were always going to win us the league this year.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:43 pm

DL5 wrote:
Well I'd love to be wrong
And don't I love it :lol:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Looking back, you were a bit of a negative know nowt weren't you? Never got past the 81 point thing IMO.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Quakerz wrote:Looking back, you were a bit of a negative know nowt weren't you? Never got past the 81 point thing IMO.
Yeah, but it was totally unchartered territory to be fair and we've done astoundingly well in our first year seeing as though we were effectively starting from scratch, massive credit to all concerned. Who can honestly say they expected us to finish with 120+ points which we probably will? astonishing points total but still squeaky bum time to the death as Spenny will probably hit 115 points or thereabouts

The 81 point thing was in the past, I think I was right about that anyway applying to the conference, it was just banter anyway, the negativity was really in stark contrast to the positivity I've had in previous years, you could say one extreme to the other.

Anyway, yes I was wrong but who could have forseen us being this fking good? :)

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Was just ribbing you Mr 5.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:51 am

DL5 wrote: Who can honestly say they expected us to finish with 120+ points

but who could have forseen us being this fking good? :)
Me, and me.

We pissed this tinpot league.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:11 am

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:We will win it :clap: BUT not by much from Spendy or Celtic Nation.

If we dont win the thing 1st time of asking i think we gonna have problems in the future

Well i was right :clap: :clap:

Dunno about the not by much tho :lol:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:44 am

Fenchurch wrote:Top 10. This league is extremely difficult and the sides who finished top 4 last season could hold their own in the evo stick prem...
Fenchurch wrote:It's just been the general consensus of NL fans that I've spoken to
LOL, funny.