Darlo v Whitby

Threads covering important moments in Darlo's past, be they big games, big days or big events.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_H
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Whitby

Post by Darlo_H » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:32 pm

Came across from York for this after bargaining a day off, first game in a good couple of years.

Fuck me, is it always like that these days? Fantastic game, performance, team and season :D
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Darlo Fonz

Post by Darlo Fonz » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:53 pm

I'm truly lost for words right now... I have never been so PROUD to support this football club. What we're doing here really is something to behold.

WHAT A NIGHT, WHAT A SEASON, WHAT A TEAM..... UNBELIEVABLE.

#UpTheQuakers
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:30 am

What was that target the board set a few years back? 2 promotions every 3 years or something?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:32 am

A huge thanks to darlo fans radio, can't believe we've had this brilliant service, I was secretly hoping for a draw to make Rushall slightly interesting but we're going anyway. Well done everyone connected to the club especially Martin and the players. My mates are amazed at the games we've had to play compared to the pampered premier league whingers. Really looking forward to some trips next season!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:35 am

What an evening, truly one of the greatest nights ever watching Darlo. It could have been 0-10 by halftime. Even the match sponsor mentioned Armstrong and a Whitby player as well. The match entertainment at the end we were attacking in the second half, certainly caused some merriment amongst the Darlo fans. I believe MB Scott may have video evidence!! Nice trophy as well.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:57 am

Disappointing that we don't get a mention on the regional news update on Breakfast TV. Hopefully we'll get a mention on Look North tonight.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:03 am

What a game. What a season. What a bunch of players and coaches and what a club. Couldn't have finished the season in any better style. Champions can't believe it. So proud of this team. Great scenes at the end celebrating with the fans.

Or anyone who's a little eager like me. Here a link to a website where you can look at the grounds we'll be visiting next season. http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leag ... rence.html

divas

Post by divas » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:09 am

Spyman wrote:What was that target the board set a few years back? 2 promotions every 3 years or something?

3 in 5 seasons, we've overachieved.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:28 am

What an amazing night last night was.

Don't think I'll experience anything like that again. I was expecting a tight, tense, nervy evening at Whitby but it was all over inside 10 minutes.

Our record since October has been outstanding and this promotion is well deserved for everyone involved with the club.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:35 am

I still can't believ I witnessed that last night. A huge game, the culmination of a seasons work, after a horrendous fixture backlog. Will the players be edgy or tired? No - they'll score 5 goals in 20 minutes. Absolutely unreal. Sums this squad up

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:58 am

A stunning night for the club and the town...

Martin Gray and the players should 'milk' the praise being heaped upon them. The performance last night was full of pace, power, skill and passion.

We'll probably never see a first half of football like that again

The last four years have seen a spectacular rise of our club from the edge of oblivion and this group of players in particular epitomise everything a football fan could want in their team. The 'desire' shown by all of them is immense. I don't know how they do it...

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:09 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:A huge thanks to darlo fans radio, can't believe we've had this brilliant service, I was secretly hoping for a draw to make Rushall slightly interesting but we're going anyway. Well done everyone connected to the club especially Martin and the players. My mates are amazed at the games we've had to play compared to the pampered premier league whingers. Really looking forward to some trips next season!
The Rushall Party day is of football interest, because we can beat Burton Albion's NPL points total. Hope Darlo got some prize money for winning the league.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:44 am

Darlo's first goal last night - I've just watched the goals from two different angles and it doesn't half look like the Whitby no 5 could have slid in and scooped Thompson's shot away if he'd tried. He obviously hadn't switched himself on, like some of his teammates. :D
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:29 am

divas wrote:
Spyman wrote:What was that target the board set a few years back? 2 promotions every 3 years or something?

Did I miss a season?

Only 4. Twice champions & twice runners up.

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:33 am

Neil Johnson wrote:
divas wrote:

Did I miss a season?

Only 4. Twice champions & twice runners up.
No, but you missed the point of his message.

The target set by the board was 3 promotions in 5 seasons. We have done it in 4.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:44 pm

It was great to see at the final whistle, the players and management stayed on the pitch to celebrate with the fans. You could see how much it meant to them and to celebrate with the fans, was just the icing on the cake.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:40 pm

Loved the PA announcement about 10 minutes from the end, saying that the trophy would be presented at the end of the game in the main stand and to please please keep off the pitch. Then a few seconds later he said that he realised he had no way of keeping us off the pitch, which caused a fair bit of laughter around the ground.

I know refs have come in for a fair bit of stick on here, but thought the one last night was very good, a cut above the normal dross we have been getting recently. My only grumble was Tommo getting booked near the end, which I thought was a bit harsh.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:57 pm

You often hear people say its more exciting when you win promotion through the play offs, I suppose that comes with the uncertainty of it, I know last season was a bit like that, I like many I was nervous all day waiting for the game to start, but could anybody foresee what was about to happen, it truly was the best first half performance I have ever seen. Whitby were simply steamrolled, shell shocked and utterly battered into submission.
To MG and the whole squad I doff my cap for making it such a memorable night. :clap:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:00 pm

Well we did get a mention on BBC's Look North, they showed our first goal and receiving the Trophy in the stand. It's a start. :clap:

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:24 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:My only grumble was Tommo getting booked near the end, which I thought was a bit harsh.
I love Thommo to pieces but he does have a nasty challenge in him and this was one of them. Deserved a card. Red had a great game.

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:24 am

Double post

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:23 am

DarloPeGi wrote:A stunning night for the club and the town...

Martin Gray and the players should 'milk' the praise being heaped upon them. The performance last night was full of pace, power, skill and passion.

We'll probably never see a first half of football like that again

The last four years have seen a spectacular rise of our club from the edge of oblivion and this group of players in particular epitomise everything a football fan could want in their team. The 'desire' shown by all of them is immense. I don't know how they do it...
This

Still cannot believe what we witnessed on Thursday night, could not have written a better script, to finally have all the nerves removed after 10 minutes and to sit back,relax and enjoy the rest of the game was nothing short of sensational.The pressure those lads were under knowing 1600 fans had come across, was massive and yet to turn in a first half of that quality tells you everything about this set of players and our management team with the best team spirit I have ever seen from Darlo over many years.

Roll on next season, cannot wait, great time to be a part of this club.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:07 am

Ron, me and Nick will be there today. Getting there about 2. Get your SatNav out and get to Rushall for the party.
If only we'd been 5-0 up at Welling after 20 mins.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:17 am

I thought Dale Hopson had a good game, he looks to have filled out a bit more (in a good way) probably the pick of there players
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

DemEng1

Post by DemEng1 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:41 am

He h a good game, certainly looked like he had a point to prove

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:41 am

I heard yesterday that Darlo took more fans to Whitby than Man City took to Newcastle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

DemEng1

Post by DemEng1 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:05 pm

I am struggling to understand how they could get another 1700 people into the ground if there was only 1800+ there on Thursday

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:44 pm

As i said before, the turnstile I went through wasn't working, so any figure could have been made up. It's always hard to estimate a ground, that you are unfamiliar with, but looked a good few over 2000.