Matchday tickets

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

sada8022
Team Supported: Darlington

Matchday tickets

Post by sada8022 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:48 am

Will you be able to purchase these in advance.

Whispering Assassin

Re: Matchday tickets

Post by Whispering Assassin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Yes i was wondering this too! As i live in the land of the soft southern shandy drinkers;i generally only go to the first couple of homes and the last couple and one away game a month!I've booked trains up to the end of September so was wondering when tickets will be on sale for home games up til then?
Also how's it going with the programme subscription? I have money burning a hole.........
You only choose once so choose wisely..................

BishopBorn
Team Supported: Bishop

Post by BishopBorn » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Whispering Assassin wrote:Yes i was wondering this too! As i live in the land of the soft southern shandy drinkers;i generally only go to the first couple of homes and the last couple and one away game a month!I've booked trains up to the end of September so was wondering when tickets will be on sale for home games up til then?
Also how's it going with the programme subscription? I have money burning a hole.........
I wouldn't rely too much on the fixtures as they stand. The league always front end loads the fixtures, but these soon start getting shuffled around for cup matches and replays. You aren't in the various cups, but your opponents may wll be. For the last few seasons the league has even postponed matches to give teams doing well in the Vase /FA Cup the mid-week off.

Are you planning to go to more away games as they are cheaper than watching your team play at "home"?

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Whispering Assassin wrote:Yes i was wondering this too! As i live in the land of the soft southern shandy drinkers;i generally only go to the first couple of homes and the last couple and one away game a month!I've booked trains up to the end of September so was wondering when tickets will be on sale for home games up til then?
I imagine both will be available online in due course.

In fact I see no issue putting programme subs on there now

Whispering Assassin

Post by Whispering Assassin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:49 am

Thanks Divas.....just let me know when these are available and i'll cough!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:33 am

BishopBorn wrote: Are you planning to go to more away games as they are cheaper than watching your team play at "home"?
:lol:

He lives down south. I hardly think the £2 difference between £6 and £8 will be a factor whenever he decides to travel up.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

BishopBorn

Post by BishopBorn » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:41 am

Quakerz wrote:
BishopBorn wrote: Are you planning to go to more away games as they are cheaper than watching your team play at "home"?
:lol:

He lives down south. I hardly think the £2 difference between £6 and £8 will be a factor whenever he decides to travel up.
You always bite .

Whispering Assassin

Post by Whispering Assassin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:49 am

Indeed Q! Personally i don't give one as to how much it is to get in! As long as i can get in to the games that i've booked the train for! Same applies for away games.I've now either got to get a train to Darlo or Newcastle from Colchester for matches so the cost of the train fare has gone up but the admission price has gone down! It's about the same price as the last few seasons overall.I should be still able to do my annual fifteenish games!
Need to be able to buy tickets though.............

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Spoke to Laura re programme subs and they are waiting to be added to the online shop, i imagine when Hilly gets a chance they'll be added

Whispering Assassin

Post by Whispering Assassin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Divas......that's excellent.I'm on holiday in a few weeks so would like to fire it up before i go.Last season it was £85 for the home league games including postage;cup games were not included.Last year Jayne rang me and we talked about how much to charge!! The previous seasons i had a subscription Darlo must have lost money as it was £65 then went up to £70.I've had one for the last twelve years so i'm pleased there is still this option this season.Having dealt with Kev and Anth in the past;i'm pleased that these chaps are still keeping the faith!
Let me know when Hilly does the deed........keep up the good work!

BishopBorn

Post by BishopBorn » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Will be interesting to see if the majority of NL1 teams actually produce tickets that can be bought in advance. More likely I think that you'll be paying on the gate.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:07 pm

divas wrote:Spoke to Laura re programme subs and they are waiting to be added to the online shop, i imagine when Hilly gets a chance they'll be added
Yup. On the to-do list.

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:17 am

sada8022 wrote:Will you be able to purchase these in advance.
I don't think this will be a regular thing, but it is on the list of things to discuss for the football operations team.

It's going to come down to logistics/man-power.

jimmyht

Post by jimmyht » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:27 pm

BishopBorn wrote:Will be interesting to see if the majority of NL1 teams actually produce tickets that can be bought in advance. More likely I think that you'll be paying on the gate.
And thats gonna be a big problem - not many grounds have more than 2 gates, usually manned by (with the greatest respect) elderly gentlemen who arent the quickest :( - even though teams will expect a big away following from us, still have a nagging doubt that some places will be a nightmare to get in