Boost The Budget 19/20

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

AndyPark
Posts: 11476
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by AndyPark » Tue May 21, 2019 4:46 pm

I think we could top 70k easily this evening.

Darlofan97
Posts: 4153
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:09 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:43 am
is there a reason why its only open until 31st May? surely it should run throughout the close season?
The club will need to know where they stand financially as early as possible, so they can appropriately forecast for this.

bigdavethemaddog
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Tue May 21, 2019 6:17 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:09 pm
bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:43 am
is there a reason why its only open until 31st May? surely it should run throughout the close season?
The club will need to know where they stand financially as early as possible, so they can appropriately forecast for this.
ah ok cheers.

biccynana
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by biccynana » Tue May 21, 2019 11:03 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:46 pm
I think we could top 70k easily this evening.
You weren't far off, Andy. Just £1004 short of 70k as of midnight.

User avatar
D_F_C
Posts: 1730
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by D_F_C » Wed May 22, 2019 11:18 am

It's going to be very difficult for DJ to predict a budget again. There's some optimism amongst fans again and that brings crowds back. If we sign a few top players, then that could bring a few in. Get a decent start and more will come back.

On the other hand, we could fall flat on our faces and no one bothers to turn up.

I bet there's a significant amount of money between scenario A and B

bigdavethemaddog
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Wed May 22, 2019 11:26 am

always better to budget low then anything extra (cup run/windfall) is a bonus

onewayup
Posts: 1705
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by onewayup » Wed May 22, 2019 11:53 am

I believe that the 80,000 will be breached this weekend and will be 100,000 by the end of the month. Keep topping up BTB it's in our hands as to what can be achieved with a very healthy budget spent wisely. Onwards and upwards with Darlington fc.

Darlopartisan
Posts: 738
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed May 22, 2019 12:12 pm

£70,000 up

bigdavethemaddog
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Wed May 22, 2019 12:57 pm

just out of interest how far does £80k go? i know it all makes a difference but just wondered how long it lasts

olrad
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by olrad » Wed May 22, 2019 1:27 pm

Very simply , would get x4 items @ £500 PW for 40 weeks . I say items as I expect the BTB to be used on more than player salaries this season .

carlodarlo
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by carlodarlo » Wed May 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Well 4 players on roughly £500 per week, that's if the lads are payed for 38 weeks of the year which I think is the length of the season. Not sure how it works at this level but that's the case lower down the pyramid. You should be able to get 4 good ones in for that which could make a big difference or it will just nicely subsidise paying out such a hefty amount per week in wages combined, i.e it will pay for 20-30% of each players wage. Its well worth doing.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1747
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed May 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Basic budget before BTB last year was around 240k I think. What has it been reduced to this year?

User avatar
divas
Posts: 12930
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by divas » Wed May 22, 2019 1:54 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:31 pm
Basic budget before BTB last year was around 240k I think. What has it been reduced to this year?
That included coaching staff

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5509
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed May 22, 2019 1:57 pm

BTB is just money into the pot. We have expected revenue + BTB. Then remove expected costs and what's left is the budget, with hopefully some wriggle room left over this time - if we have learned from last season.

The beauty of BTB is the money comes in each month so on quiet months you have an income stream, our biggest issue as a club is managing cashflow, when we have low/no revenue months we still have players to pay, commercial director etc.

At some point we still have to put a slush/buffer fund into the bank, that doesn't get touched but helps us through those months of say a poor winter.

I am guessing here but I would imagine our budget is going to be around the £250k mark.

LoidLucan
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by LoidLucan » Wed May 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Gulp.... if the following is accurate it shows what we may be up against when it comes to some of the clubs.....

http://bullsnews.blogspot.com/2019/05/h ... -700k.html

quakersfan
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by quakersfan » Wed May 22, 2019 3:10 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:57 pm
BTB is just money into the pot. We have expected revenue + BTB. Then remove expected costs and what's left is the budget, with hopefully some wriggle room left over this time - if we have learned from last season.

The beauty of BTB is the money comes in each month so on quiet months you have an income stream, our biggest issue as a club is managing cashflow, when we have low/no revenue months we still have players to pay, commercial director etc.

At some point we still have to put a slush/buffer fund into the bank, that doesn't get touched but helps us through those months of say a poor winter.

I am guessing here but I would imagine our budget is going to be around the £250k mark.
Does the BTB just go into club pot or directly into playing budget? Therefore does your guess of £250k above include what’s raised by BTB and does that include management salaries?

bigdavethemaddog
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Wed May 22, 2019 3:44 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:08 pm
Gulp.... if the following is accurate it shows what we may be up against when it comes to some of the clubs.....

http://bullsnews.blogspot.com/2019/05/h ... -700k.html
Hereford get 2k through the gates most weeks which will increase their revenue significantly

spen666
Posts: 1631
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by spen666 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:53 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:10 pm
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:57 pm
BTB is just money into the pot. We have expected revenue + BTB. Then remove expected costs and what's left is the budget, with hopefully some wriggle room left over this time - if we have learned from last season.

The beauty of BTB is the money comes in each month so on quiet months you have an income stream, our biggest issue as a club is managing cashflow, when we have low/no revenue months we still have players to pay, commercial director etc.

At some point we still have to put a slush/buffer fund into the bank, that doesn't get touched but helps us through those months of say a poor winter.

I am guessing here but I would imagine our budget is going to be around the £250k mark.
Does the BTB just go into club pot or directly into playing budget? Therefore does your guess of £250k above include what’s raised by BTB and does that include management salaries?

does it make any difference? There is only the same amount of money. If you ring fence the BTB for the playing budget, then more of the other incomer will go on other expenses than into the playing budget.

Hypothetical figures....£200k budget & £80,000 BTB adds up to the same total whichever way you split it and all the bills not just wages have to still be paid





PS I have just learned something in confidence about AA's contract at Blyth and it may well have been badly drafted such that BSFC can't successfully sue DFC or AA.

From what I have just been told, I do not think BSFC will be taking further action on their complaint.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:11 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:10 pm
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:57 pm
BTB is just money into the pot. We have expected revenue + BTB. Then remove expected costs and what's left is the budget, with hopefully some wriggle room left over this time - if we have learned from last season.

The beauty of BTB is the money comes in each month so on quiet months you have an income stream, our biggest issue as a club is managing cashflow, when we have low/no revenue months we still have players to pay, commercial director etc.

At some point we still have to put a slush/buffer fund into the bank, that doesn't get touched but helps us through those months of say a poor winter.

I am guessing here but I would imagine our budget is going to be around the £250k mark.
Does the BTB just go into club pot or directly into playing budget? Therefore does your guess of £250k above include what’s raised by BTB and does that include management salaries?
BTB as far as I'm aware goes into the club pot - it's boost the budget not boost the specific playing budget.

Playing budget was said at the netcafe to be 330k last season - it was never actually confirmed if this was for just players or whether it included management. I think it was both - so maybe a playing budget of 250-270k. I think les will be roughly right with 250k for this season if he's talking about players only?
We are Darlo! We know our shitt! If we say it's 1-2-0-1-1-3-0-1-1 then you better believe it! La la la oo, la la la oo (clap, clap, clap, clap)

Darlopartisan
Posts: 738
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed May 22, 2019 7:48 pm

£72,000 up

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:38 am

£73,512 now - just 6.5k to go!
We are Darlo! We know our shitt! If we say it's 1-2-0-1-1-3-0-1-1 then you better believe it! La la la oo, la la la oo (clap, clap, clap, clap)

onewayup
Posts: 1705
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by onewayup » Thu May 23, 2019 1:09 pm

Almost there we will past the target on the 24th let's keep it going and burst through and get nearer 100,000. Great set of fans couldn't do it without them, fantastic from you all.
Onwards and upwards with Darlington fc.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu May 23, 2019 1:40 pm

Back from the sunbeds and money pledged!

bga
Posts: 1257
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by bga » Thu May 23, 2019 3:54 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 1:40 pm
Back from the sunbeds and money pledged!
Do you use the same sunbed salons Lin goes to? 😎

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu May 23, 2019 4:29 pm

Only if it's in Paphos!

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1747
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu May 23, 2019 4:51 pm

I hope Dontbuythesun interrupted his sunbathing to visit Paphos's stadium - a real quality affair.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu May 23, 2019 5:59 pm

Not this time but I did watch them win 2-1 a while ago. It would suit us but it's very concrete!

Darlopartisan
Posts: 738
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu May 23, 2019 7:07 pm

£5000 to go truly amazing

quakerste
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:07 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by quakerste » Thu May 23, 2019 7:58 pm

Would be fantastic if we can break the 80k barrier tomorrow with a week to go. Optimistic that we will hit 90k this year.

Darlopartisan
Posts: 738
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Boost The Budget 19/20

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu May 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Yea it would be a awesome boost for AA on Monday morning, here yer go mate start with that .

Post Reply