Darlington V Bradford PA

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Posts: 644
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:05 am

3 games to go till the end of the season which for many can’t come soon enough.
Bradford still in the playoffs will be pushing for a win, team talk will probably be play with freedom and enjoy yourselves.
Weather looks great for today’s game so hopefully get a few through the gate.

quakersfan
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by quakersfan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:22 am

Looking forward to this one plus I’m in hospitality for the last time this season.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11924
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:39 am

We've hot a bit of form plus great weather, should hopefully equal a great afternoon and crowd.

poppyfield
Posts: 1612
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by poppyfield » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:37 am

won't be easy , but come on Darlo.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Mission Impossible
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:19 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by Mission Impossible » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:43 am

quakersfan wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:22 am
Looking forward to this one plus I’m in hospitality for the last time this season.
Me too. Bring guests from Australia. Be interested to see how Darlo hospitality compares with that at Sedgefield Races, which is about the same price.

Come on Darlo!

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2737
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:35 pm

1311 not good enough

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:52 pm

I don't think it's too bad considering we're bottom half in division 6, with nothing to play for, playing nobodies with no fans.
We are Darlo! We know our shitt! If we say it's 1-2-0-1-1-3-0-1-1 then you better believe it! La la la oo, la la la oo (clap, clap, clap, clap)

Darlo2807
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by Darlo2807 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:05 pm

Good win that, finishing the season strongly

User avatar
grimsbyquaker
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Team Supported: Darlington FC
Location: 53°22'N, 0°01'W

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by grimsbyquaker » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:16 pm

Win on Monday and we could be up to 12th? Time for contract extensions for TW/AW. Get it sorted so they can begin planning for next season.
DFR said there was a rumour MG had ‘offered his services for next season’....hope that’s just idle speculation

poppyfield
Posts: 1612
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by poppyfield » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:19 pm

brilliant goal by Thompson well going just to see that.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

onewayup
Posts: 1651
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by onewayup » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:40 pm

Really enjoyed today's game passing was good player's all having a good day and what a goal from tommo 3. points very welcome. :thumbup:

shawry
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by shawry » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:54 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:Win on Monday and we could be up to 12th? Time for contract extensions for TW/AW. Get it sorted so they can begin planning for next season.
DFR said there was a rumour MG had ‘offered his services for next season’....hope that’s just idle speculation
Hope not or I'll be returning my season ticket when it arrives.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


jjljks
Posts: 1497
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by jjljks » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:19 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:16 pm
Win on Monday and we could be up to 12th? Time for contract extensions for TW/AW. Get it sorted so they can begin planning for next season.
DFR said there was a rumour MG had ‘offered his services for next season’....hope that’s just idle speculation
No! We do need another 50/50 ticket seller but i think he is not sufficiently qualified for that. Ours are top notch & contribute very positively to the club without seeking any praise (MG fails on all counts there)

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6073
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by loan_star » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:22 pm

shawry wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:54 pm
grimsbyquaker wrote:Win on Monday and we could be up to 12th? Time for contract extensions for TW/AW. Get it sorted so they can begin planning for next season.
DFR said there was a rumour MG had ‘offered his services for next season’....hope that’s just idle speculation
Hope not or I'll be returning my season ticket when it arrives.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
We seem to have quite a few quitters amongst the fan base now, some quitting if Wright stays, some quitting if Gray returns. How about just support the team no matter who is the manager?

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11924
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:29 pm

Good performance, thought the pitch looks pretty bad, as the ball was bobbling all over the place. Thought the defence played really well and kept another clean sheet. Really looking forward to Monday.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11924
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:00 pm

I was disappointed with the Bradford PA support. If we'd been in their position and we'd been playing at Bradford PA, how many fans would we have taken? I'd like to think 700 perhaps 800.

shawry
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by shawry » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:09 pm

loan_star wrote:
shawry wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:54 pm
grimsbyquaker wrote:Win on Monday and we could be up to 12th? Time for contract extensions for TW/AW. Get it sorted so they can begin planning for next season.
DFR said there was a rumour MG had ‘offered his services for next season’....hope that’s just idle speculation
Hope not or I'll be returning my season ticket when it arrives.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
We seem to have quite a few quitters amongst the fan base now, some quitting if Wright stays, some quitting if Gray returns. How about just support the team no matter who is the manager?
It's not the same, it's not MGs managerial ability, which hasn't exactly shone since he left us, it's about his behaviour, that should discount him from ever working for the club again.

If the club think it doesnt matter then that's up to them, but it matters to me, I'd rather see colin Todd back



Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


LoidLucan
Posts: 2859
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:27 pm

I thought Jake Turner looked very assured today with his shot stopping and dealing with crosses. Sound keeper who looks capable of carving out a decent career in the game.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11924
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:41 pm

I heard there is a possibility that his loan may be extended into the start of next season. He deservedly got the MOTM award.

m62exile
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by m62exile » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:02 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:Win on Monday and we could be up to 12th? Time for contract extensions for TW/AW. Get it sorted so they can begin planning for next season.
DFR said there was a rumour MG had ‘offered his services for next season’....hope that’s just idle speculation
Just to clarify - that was a post on the chat room from a listener...not anything that the commentary team had suggested or heard about.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdavethemaddog
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:03 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:35 pm
1311 not good enough

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
i thought it was nearer 1500 as seating area was fairly full today

LoidLucan
Posts: 2859
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:29 pm

We certainly won't see Kneeshaw for the last 2 games and perhaps Palmer also after their injuries.

quakerman
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by quakerman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:11 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I thought Jake Turner looked very assured today with his shot stopping and dealing with crosses. Sound keeper who looks capable of carving out a decent career in the game.
Looks a very capable keeper, great shot stopper but also very confident on crosses and punches.
A no brainier for me, whoever is in charge has to try and get him on a season long loan.Same with Will Smith and for a young lad, Parker will get better with more games and had another steady game today.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

quakerman
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by quakerman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:16 pm

LoidLucan wrote:We certainly won't see Kneeshaw for the last 2 games and perhaps Palmer also after their injuries.
I think Wilson looks a promising player who will get better and certainly would not mind him back next season.Also Palmer is getting better and again, wouldn’t mind him back also.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2737
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:20 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Good performance, thought the pitch looks pretty bad, as the ball was bobbling all over the place. Thought the defence played really well and kept another clean sheet. Really looking forward to Monday.
Grass too short or needed a bit of water on it..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11731
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by Spyman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:38 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:Win on Monday and we could be up to 12th? Time for contract extensions for TW/AW. Get it sorted so they can begin planning for next season.
DFR said there was a rumour MG had ‘offered his services for next season’....hope that’s just idle speculation
Financial advisor?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

biccynana
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by biccynana » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:00 pm
I was disappointed with the Bradford PA support. If we'd been in their position and we'd been playing at Bradford PA, how many fans would we have taken? I'd like to think 700 perhaps 800.
Yes, we would, but that's irrelevant to BPA's following. Their average home gate looks to be about 500, Pete.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 3929
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:45 pm

shawry wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:09 pm
loan_star wrote:
shawry wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:54 pm
grimsbyquaker wrote:Win on Monday and we could be up to 12th? Time for contract extensions for TW/AW. Get it sorted so they can begin planning for next season.
DFR said there was a rumour MG had ‘offered his services for next season’....hope that’s just idle speculation
Hope not or I'll be returning my season ticket when it arrives.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
We seem to have quite a few quitters amongst the fan base now, some quitting if Wright stays, some quitting if Gray returns. How about just support the team no matter who is the manager?
It's not the same, it's not MGs managerial ability, which hasn't exactly shone since he left us, it's about his behaviour, that should discount him from ever working for the club again.

If the club think it doesnt matter then that's up to them, but it matters to me, I'd rather see colin Todd back



Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Gray won’t be back whilst D.J is in charge. He (Gray) had became such a pain that D.J allowed him to break his contract, and was pleased to see the back of him.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 948
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:20 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:00 pm
I was disappointed with the Bradford PA support. If we'd been in their position and we'd been playing at Bradford PA, how many fans would we have taken? I'd like to think 700 perhaps 800.
Never sure if you are taking the p**s, or are as dumb as your posts suggest.

JE93
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Bradford PA

Post by JE93 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:39 am

Very good win yesterday. I wouldn't go as far as calling it a complete performance, based on some of the chances that we conceded we still have much work to do to improved the solidity of that defensive unit. Don't think that's the best BPA will have played all season but as others have said they have been riding high at the top of the league all season and you can only beat what's infront of you.

Big mentions for Turner who was excellent first half and who BPA failed to test adequately in the second. But he did all the basics well today. Trotman was at his best today. Very calm on the ball and bombing passed Thompson on multiple occasions to give us a threat going forwards. Holness and Palmer were both strong in the centre of midfield. Thompson gave us that bit of quality that turned a 0-0 draw into a win.

On the improvements side. Need to work with Ainge on his distribution from CB. Too many times we goofed the ball away when we didn't need too, which just invites pressure on ourselves.

Good result and nice to see us finishing the season strongly. It would still be my preference to change management over the summer. A late season revival to mid table fails to get me too excited and I want a manager who can come in and make us a solid defensive unit first and foremost.

Unfortunately the attendance matched the nothingness of the occasion to us.

Post Reply