New Signings

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
User avatar
grimsbyquaker
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Team Supported: Darlington FC
Location: 53°22'N, 0°01'W

New Signings

Post by grimsbyquaker » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:59 am

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ ... e-signing/

Striker and left back expected to sign on loan from a Premier League club today and go into tomorrow’s squad along with Holness

quakerman
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Signings

Post by quakerman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:42 am

grimsbyquaker wrote:https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ ... e-signing/

Striker and left back expected to sign on loan from a Premier League club today and go into tomorrow’s squad along with Holness
Looks like Tommy is addressing the key positions Nick.This is positive news so let’s see who these lads are.Important we all get behind the lads now and make sure we are in this league next season.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AndyPark
Posts: 11477
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: New Signings

Post by AndyPark » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:18 am

Striker from a PL club? I see Newcastle have just recalled Elias Sorensen from his loan spell at Blackpool due to lack of game-time. I would love him here, wouldn't happen like.

Jamie Sterry is a RB just recalled by Newcastle too from Crewe.
Cal Roberts is a winger from Newcastle too, just recalled from Colchester.

Could be one of these...

Emdubya
Posts: 718
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Signings

Post by Emdubya » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 pm

2 eighteen year olds from Huddersfield.Underwhelmed but let’s see what they’ve got.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2811
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Signings

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:21 pm

I saw a tweet the other day replying to a darlo fan from Leon Scott saying that's what happens when HE replaces Men with Boys and that shows by signing two 18yr olds for Udderfield .. Maybe a bit bitter but can't blame him

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

quakerman
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Signings

Post by quakerman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:58 pm

Emdubya wrote:2 eighteen year olds from Huddersfield.Underwhelmed but let’s see what they’ve got.
Far too young IMO......a bit disappointed but let’s get behind the team.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6121
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Signings

Post by loan_star » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:03 pm

How old was Pears last season? I guess we can't afford Messi or Ronaldo so we sign what we can afford.
Good luck to the new lads, its a shame people are finding fault before they've even kicked a ball.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2811
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Signings

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:08 pm

loan_star wrote:How old was Pears last season? I guess we can't afford Messi or Ronaldo so we sign what we can afford.
Good luck to the new lads, its a shame people are finding fault before they've even kicked a ball.
That's what darlo fans do, they did it to Hughesy, they expect them to be premier league players in a disguise

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1667
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Signings

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:16 pm

Give them a chance! Palmer, Smith and Nelson only a couple of years older and they've been okay. And beggars can't be choosers!

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6121
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Signings

Post by loan_star » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:54 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
loan_star wrote:How old was Pears last season? I guess we can't afford Messi or Ronaldo so we sign what we can afford.
Good luck to the new lads, its a shame people are finding fault before they've even kicked a ball.
That's what darlo fans do, they did it to Hughesy, they expect them to be premier league players in a disguise

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Yet they want Vaulks in the team, a lad who's only a year older and came from the Northern League. Doesn't matter these two lads have come from a premier league club.

Comfortably_numb
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New Signings

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:31 pm

loan_star wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
loan_star wrote:How old was Pears last season? I guess we can't afford Messi or Ronaldo so we sign what we can afford.
Good luck to the new lads, its a shame people are finding fault before they've even kicked a ball.
That's what darlo fans do, they did it to Hughesy, they expect them to be premier league players in a disguise

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Yet they want Vaulks in the team, a lad who's only a year older and came from the Northern League. Doesn't matter these two lads have come from a premier league club.
Agree.

Post Reply