Rochdale & the FA Cup goes bonkers

Discussion of footy that ISN'T centred around Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12243
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Rochdale & the FA Cup goes bonkers

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:37 am

Watched their FA Cup game yesterday against Spurs. Thought they were excellent value for a draw, but when Spurs went ahead near the end, I thought that was curtains for them, but footie is a funny old game. It's great that Their efforts will be rewarded with a trip to Wembley and I'm sure they'll take make thousands down for the game.
Last edited by Darlo_Pete on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4061
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rochdale

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:51 pm

It was a great game. Well done to Rochdale - I didn't think they could do it, but they played great. Proper football too.

Premier league clubs have been making a fuss about replays and match congestion, but tough - as Alan Shearer said last night, if you want to win it first time round - play your best team from the start.

Obvs they will get well beaten in the replay, but that's for another day and not really the point.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12243
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rochdale

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Spurs couldn't blame the pitch either, after Rochdale relayed the pitch at considerable expense to themselves.

AndyPark
Posts: 11486
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Rochdale

Post by AndyPark » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Spurs couldn't blame the pitch either, after Rochdale relayed the pitch at considerable expense to themselves.
The FA and Tottenham helped towards the pitch costs..

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12243
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rochdale & the FA Cup goes bonkers

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Unbelievable match tonight as Wigan yes Wigan beat Man City 1-0 and end the quadruple. As the commentator said Dan Burn was immense.

murtonquaker
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:08 am
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Re: Rochdale & the FA Cup goes bonkers

Post by murtonquaker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:20 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:It was a great game. Well done to Rochdale - I didn't think they could do it, but they played great. Proper football too.

Premier league clubs have been making a fuss about replays and match congestion, but tough - as Alan Shearer said last night, if you want to win it first time round - play your best team from the start.

Obvs they will get well beaten in the replay, but that's for another day and not really the point.
Isn't there talk of scrapping replays from the 4th Round onwards...Not sure if that os from next season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

norwich darlo
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rochdale & the FA Cup goes bonkers

Post by norwich darlo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:34 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Watched their FA Cup game yesterday against Spurs. Thought they were excellent value for a draw, but when Spurs went ahead near the end, I thought that was curtains for them, but footie is a funny old game. It's great that Their efforts will be rewarded with a trip to Wembley and I'm sure they'll take make thousands down for the game.
Even as a Spurs fan I was more than happy to see a replay pitch cost aside that should bring Rochdale a very nice sum up the FA Cup long may it reign unchanged.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 4061
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rochdale & the FA Cup goes bonkers

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:21 pm

murtonquaker wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:It was a great game. Well done to Rochdale - I didn't think they could do it, but they played great. Proper football too.

Premier league clubs have been making a fuss about replays and match congestion, but tough - as Alan Shearer said last night, if you want to win it first time round - play your best team from the start.

Obvs they will get well beaten in the replay, but that's for another day and not really the point.
Isn't there talk of scrapping replays from the 4th Round onwards...Not sure if that os from next season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I think it's being looked at. If they decide to scrap more relays then that will hit the teams that need the money more - the little teams.

Premier league teams are quite happy to play the little teams as long as they play to the script and roll over.

Wigan played brilliantly last night, so instead of picking a fight with the Wigan manager and with the referee, Guardiola should be turning his attention to Delph! Why did he do what he did when it was so silly and unnecessary?
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 12243
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rochdale & the FA Cup goes bonkers

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:27 pm

I could only watch the replay up to half-time and Rochdale gave as good as they got. They got steam rolled in the second half, but great experience for them.

lo36789
Posts: 8231
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Rochdale

Post by lo36789 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:40 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Spurs couldn't blame the pitch either, after Rochdale relayed the pitch at considerable expense to themselves.
The FA and Tottenham helped towards the pitch costs..
Not just that - 'secretary talk' is that Tottenham paid the entire pitch bill.

Post Reply