Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

AndyPark
Posts: 11464
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by AndyPark » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:37 am

So does anyone want to hazard a guess at what it could be all about?
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWWDDDDLLLLWDWWLWDLLDWDLDLLWLLWWWLD

*includes all cup games*

User avatar
bertbanger
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:18 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by bertbanger » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:47 am

fans xmas dinner?

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11861
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:01 pm

Christmas bonuses for the players and management.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 11861
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:03 pm

It must be secret, even the DFC Official News hasn't been on about it, but then again it hasn't had anything to say since the 22-11-17!!!

Quakerz
Posts: 20959
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by Quakerz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Cash call because we're once again over budget. That's my guess.
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

User avatar
Robbie Painter
Posts: 2278
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:37 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:21 pm

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ___future/
DARLINGTON supporters are invited to a presentation on the way forward for the club, when fans will hear ideas about Quakers’ future direction.

Taking place next month at the Dolphin Centre, in attendance will be directors John Tempest and David Johnston, manager Tommy Wright, and members of the Darlington FC Supporters group (DFCSG) board.

Questions to the directors will be invited, and while it has been described by Quakers as “a very important public meeting”, it is understood that no significant changes are imminent.

A statement from the supporters group, who recently elected Chris Stockdale as their new chair, read: “Our board has worked closely with and supported David Johnston and John Tempest over the past few months as they have made significant progress in ensuring Darlington FC is in a secure financial position. Now we can start to look towards the future together and define the best way to continue to move our football club forward, both on and off the pitch.

“Under supporter ownership over the past five years we have recorded some remarkable achievements; three promotions, the reclaiming of our rightful playing name, funding the redevelopment of Blackwell Meadows and the return to playing football in Darlington.

“The DFCSG board firmly believe that continued progress is possible, on and off the pitch, with the right planning and execution under supporter ownership and with strong professional leadership in the board room.”

A club statement read: “If you care about the club, which has been based at Blackwell Meadows in Darlington now for almost a year, then we strongly suggest that you come along, and spread the word among other Darlington fans. This is your chance to have a say on the direction of the club. Even if you haven’t been to a Darlington FC game for a long time, or not at all, you’ll still be welcome.”

Johnston said: “As we move forward with a new DFCSG board now in place, we would like to share our views on the current financial position and the options around the potential funding models.

“The club has realistic aims for this season but with some clear objectives in developing the ground, re-shaping the playing squad and addressing the current debt position. We do, however, have to plan for next season and beyond and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss these with all our fans.”

The meeting takes place in the Main Sports Hall in the Dolphin Centre at 7pm on Monday, December 11.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:35 pm

Oh, the irony. Someone asks about something that was as easy to find as a match result and receives helpful, informative, friendly responses....

BUSHEAD
Posts: 1512
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by BUSHEAD » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:49 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Oh, the irony. Someone asks about something that was as easy to find as a match result and receives helpful, informative, friendly responses....
Unless of course the said information was hidden behind a pay wall on the northern echo site.
Always the victim, its never your fault

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1622
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:29 pm

I'm in 2 minds as to whether it has anything to do with the sporting hub. It may just however be a big coincidence that the meeting is being held just after this story broke. We shall see.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:36 pm

No, it was on the other public meeting thread from a while ago so free to view.

DFCAnth
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:01 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Stockton-On-Tees

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by DFCAnth » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:47 pm

I think Andy was looking to see if anyone had any further information on what the meeting was actually about. The article from the Echo, which I don't doubt he has seen, doesn't really give too much away.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:56 pm

Seems pretty clear from the statement.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 3897
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:41 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Oh, the irony. Someone asks about something that was as easy to find as a match result and receives helpful, informative, friendly responses....

Clever and witty! :clap:
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Feethams 1966
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by Feethams 1966 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:25 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:Oh, the irony. Someone asks about something that was as easy to find as a match result and receives helpful, informative, friendly responses....

Clever and witty! :clap:
Yes, you know how it is when you thought you'd said something inocent and you get a response you didn't expect?
Well I was that someone (although I've been a someone for nearly 70 years). However if it elicits a few more match thread comments and updates during games it was probably worthwhile.

AndyPark
Posts: 11464
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by AndyPark » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:12 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Oh, the irony. Someone asks about something that was as easy to find as a match result and receives helpful, informative, friendly responses....
I know what the statement said, but clearly there is more to it than meets than eye.

Curious to see what others thought it could be about.
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWWDDDDLLLLWDWWLWDLLDWDLDLLWLLWWWLD

*includes all cup games*

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11714
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by Spyman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:25 pm

If it's so clear, then what is it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark
Posts: 11464
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by AndyPark » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:47 pm

Not even worth getting into an argument about it.

Created a topic of discussion, but shock. Same routine with people on here diverting the original subject into something else.
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWWDDDDLLLLWDWWLWDLLDWDLDLLWLLWWWLD

*includes all cup games*

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1622
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:01 pm

What about you Andy? What do you think it might be about?

AndyPark
Posts: 11464
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by AndyPark » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:11 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:What about you Andy? What do you think it might be about?
Personally think it's gunna be something to do with a proposal about going back to the arena in the future.

Just seems coincidental with the plans being released for that place alongside this 'public' meeting at the Dolphin Centre.
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWWDDDDLLLLWDWWLWDLLDWDLDLLWLLWWWLD

*includes all cup games*

lo36789
Posts: 8052
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by lo36789 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:32 pm

Could it not just be a consultation around the structure / future of the club. Things have had to be sorted out recently but I was expecting at some point DJ to reach out and say "look, are the fans wanting to maintain ownership or will they let it go?"

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Not looking for an argument, just letting you know that was exactly what you did to Feethams when he asked a question. You need to play nicely and you'd get a bit more respect from the grown ups.

Vodka_Vic
Posts: 1622
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:47 pm

lo36789 wrote:Could it not just be a consultation around the structure / future of the club. Things have had to be sorted out recently but I was expecting at some point DJ to reach out and say "look, are the fans wanting to maintain ownership or will they let it go?"
Re:DJ, did anyone else pick up on his surprising comment at the recent Netcafe that he was ready to invest in the club at some stage, just not yet?

Darlogramps
Posts: 4588
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:31 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Not looking for an argument, just letting you know that was exactly what you did to Feethams when he asked a question. You need to play nicely and you'd get a bit more respect from the grown ups.
With a patronising, childish response like that, you're not really in a position to talk about "getting respect from grown-ups."

I'm no saint, but you're getting wound up about something said to another person on another thread over a week ago. I'd kindly suggest you getting yourself a life.


Feethams 1966 wrote: Yes, you know how it is when you thought you'd said something inocent and you get a response you didn't expect?
You asked for information, and people told you where to find the information. What are you whinging about?

Time to act your age and start using your initiative.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

shawry
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by shawry » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:21 am

AndyPark wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:What about you Andy? What do you think it might be about?
Personally think it's gunna be something to do with a proposal about going back to the arena in the future.

Just seems coincidental with the plans being released for that place alongside this 'public' meeting at the Dolphin Centre.
Can't see it being about the arena, unless we are going to give the money back we've just raised.

Basing ourselves in town has a measure of sense, but it does feel like its another thing that stops BM feeling like home.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

darlo2001uk
Posts: 1229
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:10 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by darlo2001uk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:32 am

Darlogramps wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:Not looking for an argument, just letting you know that was exactly what you did to Feethams when he asked a question. You need to play nicely and you'd get a bit more respect from the grown ups.
With a patronising, childish response like that, you're not really in a position to talk about "getting respect from grown-ups."

I'm no saint, but you're getting wound up about something said to another person on another thread over a week ago. I'd kindly suggest you getting yourself a life.


Feethams 1966 wrote: Yes, you know how it is when you thought you'd said something inocent and you get a response you didn't expect?
You asked for information, and people told you where to find the information. What are you whinging about?

Time to act your age and start using your initiative.

What a rude and intolerant person you are.

Darlogramps
Posts: 4588
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:39 am

darlo2001uk wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:Not looking for an argument, just letting you know that was exactly what you did to Feethams when he asked a question. You need to play nicely and you'd get a bit more respect from the grown ups.
With a patronising, childish response like that, you're not really in a position to talk about "getting respect from grown-ups."

I'm no saint, but you're getting wound up about something said to another person on another thread over a week ago. I'd kindly suggest you getting yourself a life.


Feethams 1966 wrote: Yes, you know how it is when you thought you'd said something inocent and you get a response you didn't expect?
You asked for information, and people told you where to find the information. What are you whinging about?

Time to act your age and start using your initiative.

What a rude and intolerant person you are.
Rude? Yes I am. Not everyone deserves politeness. Intolerant? Only of attention-seeking, idiotic morons.

Now do you really want to hijack this thread for a row over my character and a week-old thread?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:02 am

He's previously said he likes baiting people so I'm not rising to it again. I'm going out to see if I can "get a life".

HarryCharltonsCat
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:34 pm

Surely everyone who posts on a message board is attention seeking?

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 3897
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Could it not just be a consultation around the structure / future of the club. Things have had to be sorted out recently but I was expecting at some point DJ to reach out and say "look, are the fans wanting to maintain ownership or will they let it go?"
Re:DJ, did anyone else pick up on his surprising comment at the recent Netcafe that he was ready to invest in the club at some stage, just not yet?

Yes I did. It was an interesting comment that seemed to slip under the radar.

I took it to mean that he does access to funds, if and when a situation arose that suited him. For some reason I feel he is a safe pair of hands ...... we shall see.
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

Darlogramps
Posts: 4588
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Public Meeting - 11/12/2017

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:40 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:He's previously said he likes baiting people so I'm not rising to it again.

OK then.
don'tbuythesun wrote:I'm going out to see if I can "get a life".
Oh, how's "not rising to it" working out for you? Just this last comment is you "rising" to one of my posts. You can't help yourself.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Post Reply