Singh now killing the club

Threads covering important moments in Darlo's past, be they big games, big days or big events.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

QuakerPete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Singh now killing the club

Post by QuakerPete » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:14 pm

ted_do wrote:Raj Singh is entirely to blame for the latest crisis, DFC came out of administration with no debt and Raj`s only promises was to keep the club from ever going bust again by close control of our finances and not living beyond our means.
He started with a clean slate and we have lived like paupers no big wage players, no corporate hangers on, bars closed down, top price food and drink I mean we dont even have Sky sports. But we have accepted our cheapskate lifestyle as we did not want to go through admin again. Sing also knew how many season tickets were sold and got our money (and interest) early he could easily predict the average crowd to expect as we had experiences of the conference. Then add in the transfer fees from Burn and Smith and a pepercorn rent to use the arena of 10 grand a year how can we now be skint IF we are skint its all down to fanatical miss management by the present owner no one else is to blame, not the council not the fans not even George Reynolds its all down to MR Raj Singh.
It's a reasonable set of points made which could do with an overall answer . . . weren't we supposed to be debt-free?

DL5

Post by DL5 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:24 pm

ted_do wrote:Raj Singh is entirely to blame for the latest crisis, DFC came out of administration with no debt and Raj`s only promises was to keep the club from ever going bust again by close control of our finances and not living beyond our means.
He started with a clean slate and we have lived like paupers no big wage players, no corporate hangers on, bars closed down, top price food and drink I mean we dont even have Sky sports. But we have accepted our cheapskate lifestyle as we did not want to go through admin again. Sing also knew how many season tickets were sold and got our money (and interest) early he could easily predict the average crowd to expect as we had experiences of the conference. Then add in the transfer fees from Burn and Smith and a pepercorn rent to use the arena of 10 grand a year how can we now be skint IF we are skint its all down to fanatical miss management by the present owner no one else is to blame, not the council not the fans not even George Reynolds its all down to MR Raj Singh.
All that's true apart from the big wage players bit, how many were on £1k a week?

Raj has tried to make it work, it hasn't maybe he's now doing what he should have from the start ie slash the bugdet and let us find what level we can sustain ourselves at. Well I'm hoping that's what will happen.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:45 pm

DL5 wrote:
All that's true apart from the big wage players bit, how many were on £1k a week?

Raj has tried to make it work, it hasn't maybe he's now doing what he should have from the start ie slash the bugdet and let us find what level we can sustain ourselves at. Well I'm hoping that's what will happen.
If players were on 1k a week then its still Raj`s fault as he sanctioned the budget and must have known how much money he had coming in, The only saving grace would be if Raj has now woken up and has reverted to his initial plan and keeps the club going on the new reduced budget. I have done the same, some times we have a big spend month the the next you cut back so over all at the end of the year your household budget is balanced.
For an experienced businessman all this knee jerk panic doesn't make sense but dose give an edge to any dealings ie if you done let me win Im taking my ball home.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:53 pm

ted_do wrote:
DL5 wrote:

If players were on 1k a week then its still Raj`s fault as he sanctioned the budget and must have known how much money he had coming in, The only saving grace would be if Raj has now woken up and has reverted to his initial plan and keeps the club going on the new reduced budget. I have done the same, some times we have a big spend month the the next you cut back so over all at the end of the year your household budget is balanced.
For an experienced businessman all this knee jerk panic doesn't make sense but dose give an edge to any dealings ie if you done let me win Im taking my ball home.
I can't disagree with you really, I'm just hoping he's got a plan B even if it involves existing at a lower level

Thebeancounter

Post by Thebeancounter » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:10 pm

ted_do wrote:
DL5 wrote:

Agreed, nice summary.