Kidd is Gone

Threads covering important moments in Darlo's past, be they big games, big days or big events.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

satchboy69
Team Supported: Darlington

Kidd is Gone

Post by satchboy69 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:21 am

Darlo_H

Re: Kidd is Gone

Post by Darlo_H » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:24 am

Humble pie is in order I believe, for myself and a few others.

This fooking club is just one farce after another.
Last edited by Darlo_H on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:26 am

satchboy69 wrote:According to the Echo:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ger__quits_/
Unbelievable! Clearly Uncovered is the place for breaking news. I fear that we will now end up with someone "loyal and local" Copy and paste the usual suspects below....

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:26 am

You really couldnt make this up, what next for this football club

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:28 am

Martin Gray wouldn't fuck us over.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:29 am

I'd be very interested to hear the reasons behind this....

It would seem either he;
a) Found himself out of his depth.
b) Is off to join Davey at Hereford
c) Saw something is going on behind the scenes at the club which he didn't like the look of ...
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:32 am

Quakerz wrote:Martin Gray wouldn't f*** us over.
Wouldn't have fancied him first time around - the world's revolved a bit since then though and I can see the sense in that appointment now.

Fair do's.

alleztfc
Team Supported: Hartlepool United League 1

Post by alleztfc » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:33 am

This is unreal. :wtf:

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:33 am

He's still living local, he went into Greggs on Northgate the other day

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:35 am

cant wait to hear the reasons for this. :thumbdown:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:36 am

I said last night that when two managers leave in quick succession (I mean really, what is so attractive about Hereford compared to Darlington that Davey would just fook off like that?) you have to wonder if there is a common reason.

It will no doubt be said that Kidd couldn't handle it, wasn't ready etc, but if anybody looks at the interview in the Echo from a week gone Saturday, Kidd was raring to go and confident. He did say he was due to speak to Davey the following day and we've heard nothing from him since. Co-incidence? Possibly, maybe. I hope that it is just co-incidence.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:36 am

10 days.......10.....fucking....days.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:40 am

m62exile wrote:
Wouldn't have fancied him first time around - the world's revolved a bit since then though and I can see the sense in that appointment now.

Fair do's.
Gray was saying in the interview the day before Kidd was appointed that the club needed somebody who knows the lower leagues, knows the club and fans, is loyal etc etc (meaning himself) and that he hoped that the club would appoint the right man for the job (just the way he said it you knew he meant himself)

I'd be happier with Gray than Colin Cooper because Gray knows this level better and is less likely to jump ship at the first chance of a better job.

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:40 am

This club is a farce honestly, it's constantly 1 step forward 2 steps backwards.

:(
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

alleztfc
Team Supported: Hartlepool United League 1

Post by alleztfc » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:41 am

divas wrote:cant wait to hear the reasons for this. :thumbdown:
Maybe he finds their pasties too hot? :shifty:

martin b

Post by martin b » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:42 am

why did take the job in the f***ing first place

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:43 am

Seriously you have to worry a bit about the future of our club now. This was mean't to be the one of the most important seasons and preparation was everything, we are pretty much back to square one yet again - no manager and no squad! The likes of Grimsby, Luton etc have been building already and where are we. :thumbdown:

Sorry but at this rate we WILL be non-league for a very long time (and if that!)! :(
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:48 am

No squad?

We do actually have most of the squad in place, presuming their contracts are as Fordy said.

We need 3 or 4 more players but this turmoil won't be doing us any good whatsoever as now we have to find another manager who will have to start a brand new player recruitment process!

FFS!

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:50 am

Unless Kidd has walked as those contracts werent as watertight as Fordy had us believe and some may be going elsewhere?

Darlo_Fanatic

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:51 am

Well so much for a summer where everything seemed to be back on track and the future looked bright.
:(
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:52 am

"I like what's going on at this club. The foundations are in place, we've got a really good chance of bouncing back next year - I want to be part of that and who wouldn't be."

Well quite obviously you wouldn't want to be, Ryan.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:53 am

divas wrote:Unless Kidd has walked as those contracts werent as watertight as Fordy had us believe and some may be going elsewhere?
At the end of the day if somebody wants to go, and don't want their contract paying up, then there is not much you can do.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:54 am

Quakerz wrote:
divas wrote:Unless Kidd has walked as those contracts werent as watertight as Fordy had us believe and some may be going elsewhere?
At the end of the day if somebody wants to go, and don't want their contract paying up, then there is not much you can do.
indeed, pre contract agreements are worth the paper they are written on.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:55 am

I can only really see us losing Jack and Werling really.

Wright came back because he loved the fans and was fond of the area, I imagine about the same is true of Russell and neither would get first team football elsewhere. Senior could go either way, but again I don't think he'd get first team football any higher up the League ladder.

Chandler already turned down clubs at a higher level to come back here.
Last edited by Darlo_H on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:57 am

All valid points, but when a club loses 2 managers in the space of 2 weeks im sure the players will begin to question whether they want to be here any longer.

magic1

Post by magic1 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:59 am

He's off to Hereford, fooking Hereford it's a s*** piece. Can't wait to hear his interview whenever that happens!!

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:02 am

mrcoops1984 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:No squad?

We do actually have most of the squad in place, presuming their contracts are as Fordy said.

We need 3 or 4 more players but this turmoil won't be doing us any good whatsoever as now we have to find another manager who will have to start a brand new player recruitment process!

FFS!
Thinking about it, it would not surprise me if all contracts had been signed etc BUT they each contained a clause allowing them to leave if the manager did. This would be idea for Davey to do as he knew he wouldn't really be hanging around for too long and could just take all his players with him that way?
i dont even think they'd need a clause, pre contract agreements arent enforcable as far as i know.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:03 am

Where does Kidd live? I'm going to need to check Google Analytics.....
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:05 am

mikkyx wrote:Where does Kidd live? I'm going to need to check Google Analytics.....
Preston

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:09 am

divas wrote:
mrcoops1984 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:No squad?

FFS!
Thinking about it, it would not surprise me if all contracts had been signed etc BUT they each contained a clause allowing them to leave if the manager did. This would be idea for Davey to do as he knew he wouldn't really be hanging around for too long and could just take all his players with him that way?
i dont even think they'd need a clause, pre contract agreements arent enforcable as far as i know.

A Pre-contract is just a mutual agreement between a manager and a player that when his contract expires at his present club, he will sign a permenant contract with the new club. It means none of the players lined up have signed a DFC contract until July 1st and in theory can still look elsewhere between now and then.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"