Boston V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Boston V Darlington

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:46 pm

Long trip Tuesday, Charman finished his suspension (I think)
Smith doing plenty of running in the warm up on Saturday, but doesn’t look ready yet, hopefully Hatfield is fit.
Another tough game, but I do think we have enough to bring back the points 👍

LoidLucan

Re: Boston V Darlington

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:57 pm

They've got a strong home record with five wins from seven. But the return of Charman is a real boost for us following his three-match ban for trying to get to his feet after being pinned to the floor by a Southport player.

This will be a tough midweek test but we can get something if we are at our best.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:25 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:57 pm
They've got a strong home record with five wins from seven. But the return of Charman is a real boost for us following his three-match ban for trying to get to his feet after being pinned to the floor by a Southport player.

This will be a tough midweek test but we can get something if we are at our best.
Boston needn't worry about Charman, he can score as many as he likes and we'll give them away at the other end in equal numbers. ;)

On a serious note though if we're as lackluster at the back as we were against Gloucester on Saturday and also late on at Chester last week we're getting nothing on Tuesday night.'

Hopefully Hatfield will be available, you could really see the difference when he wasn't there on Saturday we are a weaker team without him.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:26 am

Hopefully we will have a repeat of the Brackley performance, where nobody including myself give us anything.

See you down there, and let’s make some noise. Up the Darlo.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:44 am

Tough midweek trip away to Boston. But so was Brackley and we've proven we can go away midweek to tough places and play well (we'll ignore Southport as the opposite).

Tough decision around team selection. Charman likely to be available again and I'd be tempted to bring him back in. He was bang in form before that sending off against Southport and hopefully should have plenty of fire in his belly watching others catch up on his goal scoring tally. Elsewhere on the pitch if Smith is fit I'd be tempted to put him back in, Hedley has done nothing wrong at left back Smith might give us those fresh legs and Gives us a bit more natural width on that left hand side. I wouldn't take any chances on Hatfield, we need him for the season so if he's out for another game so be it, better than losing him for 7 or 8 games.

I'd go for:

-------------------------- Taylor ---------------------
Griffiths --- Cooper --- Lawlor --- Smith
Rivers ------ Purver ---- Rose --- Lambert
------------- Charman --- Cassidy ------------

Subs: Ellis, Hedley, Wheatley, Dos Santos, Mondal

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:55 am

JE93 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:44 am
Tough midweek trip away to Boston. But so was Brackley and we've proven we can go away midweek to tough places and play well (we'll ignore Southport as the opposite).

Tough decision around team selection. Charman likely to be available again and I'd be tempted to bring him back in. He was bang in form before that sending off against Southport and hopefully should have plenty of fire in his belly watching others catch up on his goal scoring tally. Elsewhere on the pitch if Smith is fit I'd be tempted to put him back in, Hedley has done nothing wrong at left back Smith might give us those fresh legs and Gives us a bit more natural width on that left hand side. I wouldn't take any chances on Hatfield, we need him for the season so if he's out for another game so be it, better than losing him for 7 or 8 games.

I'd go for:

Think I might be tempted to play Ellis and Lawlor in central defence tonight. Both have bags of experience, strong in the air and can read the game well. We may well need those qualities at Boston. We have still been conceding far too many goals from crosses and set pieces recently and it would be interesting to see if two battle hardened centre backs can stop that happening.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:22 am

Old Git wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:55 am
JE93 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:44 am

I'd go for:

Think I might be tempted to play Ellis and Lawlor in central defence tonight. Both have bags of experience, strong in the air and can read the game well. We may well need those qualities at Boston. We have still been conceding far too many goals from crosses and set pieces recently and it would be interesting to see if two battle hardened centre backs can stop that happening.
We haven't seen the Lawlor/Ellis combo yet, tonight could be the right game. Can't see Smith starting as he didn't take part in all of the warm up on Saturday, continuing with his individual fitness.
----------------------Taylor----------------------
Griffiths---Ellis---Lawlor---Hedley-----------
Rivers---- Purver---Rose---Lambert----------
-----------Charman---Cassidy----------------
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:41 am

Definitely need Ellis tonight. When the ball gets chucked in to "the mixer" he seems 100% focused on being the first person to get to it. Not only this he looks like he's enjoying himself too :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:17 pm

:idea: Just had my crystal football out and I can therefore forecast a 1-0 win for Darlo in classic away style.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:21 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:17 pm
:idea: Just had my crystal football out and I can therefore forecast a 1-0 win for Darlo in classic away style.
Cheers, Pete.

I await your excuses later tonight when we have been beaten by that very scoreline! :!:
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:21 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Cheers, Pete.

I await your excuses later tonight when we have been beaten by that very scoreline! :!:

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:30 pm

Nice treat for me this one. I live just 20 miles from Boston so hoping for a positive result. Bloody freezing down here though.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:05 pm

Confirmed, Smith still out due to injury.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:13 pm

I think we look a more solid team with a three in midfield, particularly away from home. Hatfield may be missing but looks like Wheatley is available.

Taylor
Griffiths, Lawlor, Ellis, Hedley
Wheatley, Purver, Rose
Lambert, Cassidy, Charman

Subs: Martin, Cooper, Rivers, KDS, Mondal

JABWootton

Post by JABWootton » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:38 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:21 pm
Wiseacre wrote:
Cheers, Pete.

I've gone for a 4-2 win for Darlo - No excuses will be needed!

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:22 pm

Would not surprise me if AA went 3 (Lawlor Ellis Cooper ) at the back. Don't know who he would play in midfield but have Purver and Rose in front of the 3.. I think Lambert and Charman will play off Cassidy..
Will be interesting to see what the team actually will be.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:42 pm

Tough game, id take a point but would love us to come back with all 3, ill go 2-2

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:18 pm

Team is out.

Taylor, Griffiths, Lawlor, Cooper, Ellis, Hedley, Purver, Rose, Lambert, Cassidy, Charman.

Subs: Storey, Mondal, Rivers, Hatfield, Dos Santos

Looks like 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 with Lambert the more advanced of the midfielders in behind Cassidy and Charman.

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:44 pm

My opinion wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:22 pm
Would not surprise me if AA went 3 (Lawlor Ellis Cooper ) at the back. Don't know who he would play in midfield but have Purver and Rose in front of the 3.. I think Lambert and Charman will play off Cassidy..
Will be interesting to see what the team actually will be.
Spot on!

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:49 pm

1 down

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:50 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:49 pm
1 down
Great start 😢

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:53 pm

Is it me or does this happen every time we suddenly decide to play three at the back?

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:54 pm

2 nil now after 6 minutes

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:55 pm

Are they going to score from every attack?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:56 pm

2 down, cannot keep a clean sheet to save our lives.Pathetic.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:58 pm

Cassidy red card

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:59 pm

Now down to 10 men, damage limitation after 10 mins.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:01 pm

Wasn't particularly happy with 3 at the back. Very tough formation to get right without a lot of coaching. We have a couple of evenings a week. This one is on Armstrong tonight unfortunately. Let's not blow a positive goal difference on one awful showing.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:02 pm

JE93 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:01 pm
Wasn't particularly happy with 3 at the back. Very tough formation to get right without a lot of coaching. We have a couple of evenings a week. This one is on Armstrong tonight unfortunately. Let's not blow a positive goal difference on one awful showing.
Same. It's just not a formation you can spring on your players like this.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:04 pm

Couldn’t be much worse. Game over.