Moving swiftly on....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

richymidd
Team Supported: Darlington

Moving swiftly on....

Post by richymidd » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:17 pm

I realised today how much I want to see the inside of a stadium again.

If nothing changes re covid, then i think our first opportunities to see anything will be the jan away fixtures at southport, chester and kettering, all Tier 2 for the moment.

Or will they automatically just ban us because the recommendation is to not leave a Tier 3 area?

Ah....this started out as a serious post, but the longer it goes on, the more I realise it’s all horsesh1t.

Boris subdues the masses with his xmas plan and we ain’t watching live footie this season......

lo36789

Re: Moving swiftly on....

Post by lo36789 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:17 pm

richymidd wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:17 pm

If nothing changes re covid, then i think our first opportunities to see anything will be the jan away fixtures at southport, chester and kettering, all Tier 2 for the moment.

Or will they automatically just ban us because the recommendation is to not leave a Tier 3 area?

Ah....this started out as a serious post, but the longer it goes on, the more I realise it’s all horsesh1t.

Boris subdues the masses with his xmas plan and we ain’t watching live footie this season......
FA are expected to tell clubs to do proof of address checks on ticket sales.

Tier 3 residents not allowed.

wizardofos

Post by wizardofos » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:23 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:17 pm
richymidd wrote:

House prices going up just over the Tees....

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:49 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:17 pm
richymidd wrote:

Mmmm said the ticket tout on the Isle of Wight.....

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:34 am

I think we will be allowed into home games in the new year sometime.

Surely they’re not going to allow or encourage away fans though?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:53 am

Perhaps with the advent of the vaccine, we could go back the Arena & all get tested or jabbed as a pre-condition of entry. At least it will be easy to keep the jabs in the correct freezing storage conditions!

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:04 am

jjljks wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:53 am
Perhaps with the advent of the vaccine, we could go back the Arena & all get tested or jabbed as a pre-condition of entry. At least it will be easy to keep the jabs in the correct freezing storage conditions!
The arena is the only place that feels like -70C

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:13 am

I'm not so sure. The away end in pouring rain at Springfield Park, the stormy day at Chorley and Port Vale in the Autowindscreens come to mind!

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:57 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:13 am
I'm not so sure. The away end in pouring rain at Springfield Park, the stormy day at Chorley and Port Vale in the Autowindscreens come to mind!
Not forgetting the Don valley stadium in Sheffield which Rotherham United shared for a while I'm sure I spotted a couple of polar bears on the roundabout on the way out of that place.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:58 pm

We've only been to Millmoor and remember some of their crew trying to spit on us from on high. By the way Mr E we're asked not to post on spam -it's apparently more of a pain to clear.