FA Cup Draw

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

FA Cup Draw

Post by AndyPark » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:02 pm

We've drawn Prescot Cables at home next Saturday.

Quaker85

Re: FA Cup Draw

Post by Quaker85 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:05 pm

2-2 the last time we played them I think. Decent chance to progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:10 pm

Very decent draw in normal circ, home to a team 2 divisions below.

However they are 3 games in and won 3, so doing well and much further ahead in their season prep.

Will any fans be allowed and will it go ahead, anyhow back to the world of having no idea what is going on.

moz1963

Post by moz1963 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:13 pm

Whitley Bay V Blyth Spartans also

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:31 pm

Will it get the go ahead, far to many scenarios to say definitely on, the FA, the league managers need to be clear as to what is happening now, and give a clear instruction , about funding for cup games in the light of covid 19. Can fans attend making it viable, if not then where is the clarification of what is needed to get the game on.As I understand it once the players play a game we have then a duty to pay the full season payments as in contractual agreements.
Maybe I have that wrong ,but the uncertainty is a killer for all concerned.

polam

Post by polam » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:53 pm

According to the FA, playing in front of fans may be possible; this was the comment below the draw:

"Following recent Government announcements, we are currently working with Government on arrangements for Emirates FA Cup ties (including spectators). We will hopefully be able to provide an update to clubs on this early next week."

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:56 pm

polam wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:53 pm
According to the FA, playing in front of fans may be possible; this was the comment below the draw:

"Following recent Government announcements, we are currently working with Government on arrangements for Emirates FA Cup ties (including spectators). We will hopefully be able to provide an update to clubs on this early next week."
Even if we get go ahead on Monday we have to have a trial game on Tuesday with 300 fans to see if Covid measures are ok , realistically we are struggling to be ready for 10th October.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:37 pm

Trial game should be no problem.First team v the academy with free admission to season ticket holders and everyone on their best behavior should take care of that.
As for the 10th of October,having been at the arena last Saturday,not only cleaning seats but installing walkways and safe areas in the concourse with crush barriers to make sure of distancing and with more work in the next two weeks I don’t think we will be far away.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:39 pm

TIES PULLED OUT OF THE HAT FOR THE EMIRATES FA CUP SECOND ROUND QUALIFYING

Friday 25 Sep 2020

Shares

Expand

The draw for the second round qualifying of the Emirates FA Cup has been made

The draw for the second round qualifying of the Emirates FA Cup has been made, following this week's action in the first round qualifying. 

There will be 80 ties, with clubs split up into five regions, and they will be held on the weekend commencing Saturday 3 October.

An additional 43 clubs join the competition at this stage with teams from Step 2 of the National League System, the National Leagues North and South, now involved. 

And winning clubs at this stage of the competition pick up £3375 from the prize fund with losing clubs also collecting £1125.

Following recent Government announcements, we are currently working with Government on arrangements for Emirates FA Cup ties (including spectators). We will hopefully be able to provide an update to clubs on this early next week.

SEE THE LATEST EMIRATES FA CUP FIXTURES

USEFUL RESOURCES

The 

their is a money in the game, now let the fans see it .

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:43 pm

The FA Cup game could serve as a test event in itself, although it makes little sense admitting supporters for FA Cup games and not League games.
Emdubya wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:37 pm
Trial game should be no problem.First team v the academy with free admission to season ticket holders and everyone on their best behavior should take care of that.
As for the 10th of October,having been at the arena last Saturday,not only cleaning seats but installing walkways and safe areas in the concourse with crush barriers to make sure of distancing and with more work in the next two weeks I don’t think we will be far away.
It's sad that after all the effort that has been made by many people that supporters may not be allowed to attend.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:12 pm

I simply don't see how we can even contemplate playing a cup game when there is no way we can play league games if no fans are allowed.
If we are saying contracts don't start until the league does we have no players to play the game for a start.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:30 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:12 pm
I simply don't see how we can even contemplate playing a cup game when there is no way we can play league games if no fans are allowed.
If we are saying contracts don't start until the league does we have no players to play the game for a start.
I agree, it's become somewhat of a farce now. It seems virtually impossible to stat the season, and if the season does start then inevitably it will be paused or a certain area will go into lockdown or our team or our next opponents will call a fixture off. Surely this can't continue?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:19 pm

Will Prescot be locked down or allowed to cross the badlands of Manchester & Leeds?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:46 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
No.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:51 am

I have no idea what the situation is. The league are now saying it *will* start (despite 80% saying they opposed it without fans)

Unless they're arguing that now they are not elite sport (as it never should have been) and can host limited crowds like the level below? (Is it 300 they're limited to?). I can't see why we can't at least do that, and offer some paid streams or supplements fans can chip in online to help keep the club going. It is better than absolute 0 and at least provides some income.

It's certainly safer to have 300 fans scattered around Blackwell than folks being inside a pub with every table taken.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:19 am

Darlington now placed on the watchlist & if other affected areas is anything to go by, we'll be in lockdown in 3 or 4 days if not sooner. I can't see how fans will be allowed to see the game. Hope I'm wrong of course, it has been known to happen before.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:52 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:19 am
Darlington now placed on the watchlist & if other affected areas is anything to go by, we'll be in lockdown in 3 or 4 days if not sooner. I can't see how fans will be allowed to see the game. Hope I'm wrong of course, it has been known to happen before.
Agree with you Pete it looks inevitable that fans will not be allowed at the Arena next Saturday. Really can’t see the season being played there are just so many unknowns to deal with. Live-streaming looks the only way forward but whether that is financially viable I have no idea.
I am doubtful the Government will bail us out because they will see how much money is at the top end of the game and think it should be distributed better. I for one would agree with them. If ever football needed to sort itself out now is the time to do it but sadly the greed in the game will win out and the small fry will suffer. The law of the jungle reins and the big animals will gobble up the small ones to feed their ever growing appetites. If we are to survive it will be down to our brilliant fans to see us through as we have done before.
Up the Quakers 👍

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:57 am

Old Git wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:52 am
I am doubtful the Government will bail us out because they will see how much money is at the top end of the game and think it should be distributed better.
See lo's link on the other thread - it explains how it may work, sort of a top up of lost revenue.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:11 am

If fans aren't allowed in games, then why are we playing at the Arena?

Paying 2 bits of rent for 2 stadiums when we still aren't allowed to attend. Doesn't make sense to me. Or have I missed something about this.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:23 am

I would imagine that the Arena idea will be paused for now.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

divas

Post by divas » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:48 am

As far as I was aware the commercials for the Arena haven’t been made public so who knows how the deal is structured? Given it was very likely the season could be paused/cancelled/played behind closed doors at any point I’d be amazed if we’d signed any sort of deal that would cause us a problem in those cases.

Remedial work has also been taking place on the pitch at the Arena and from a live streaming perspective I’d imagine you’d be able to provide a much slicker production from there given the vantage points.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:23 pm

Plus, I would imagine that the league might not be overly keen on us just chopping and changing between grounds after giving us dispensation for one.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:14 pm

tdk1 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:23 pm
Plus, I would imagine that the league might not be overly keen on us just chopping and changing between grounds after giving us dispensation for one.
normally you are only allowed to move grounds mid-season if its a move to a new stadium like BM the first time. id expect as approval has been given for use of the arena then the season will have to start there.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:46 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
No.
Could you clarify what the "No" is aimed at please. I do not see any question in my comment that requires an answer

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:43 pm

I agree I think we will play at the Arena, we can’t change our minds after the effort put in to allow us to play there, also who knows what will happen in the future, fans might be allowed back in, percentage of grounds capacity , so then what happens if are back at BM, all ifs and buts I know.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:47 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:14 pm
tdk1 wrote:
normally you are only allowed to move grounds mid-season if its a move to a new stadium like BM the first time. id expect as approval has been given for use of the arena then the season will have to start there.
You used the word "normally". With a worldwide pandemic massively impacting on the operation of the football industry, I would consider the circumstances to be extraordinary and far from "normal".

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:48 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:37 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
No.
Could you clarify what the "No" is aimed at please. I do not see any question in my comment that requires an answer
Your last sentence is literally a question.

No - it does not mean we have “no players to play the game for start”. Contracts begin the first match of the season including the FA Cup.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:49 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:14 pm
tdk1 wrote:
The rules seem to have changed somewhat. It used to be simply no mid season swap allowed, but we and a couple of others have changed mid season lately.
I think the FA must have agreed to a very "loose" contract in this case as it was and still is impossible to say what is needed. As we were told from day 1 the contract is 2 years simply to make sure we don't have to apply every few weeks, and it has been worded "as long as needed". I think that last bit covers us from any possible loss as if we don't play it is "not needed"

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:50 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:48 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
No.

No - it does not mean we have “no players to play the game for start”. Contracts begin the first match of the season including the FA Cup.
Please show me a question mark to donate a question.
If you read it correctly it is actually a statement not a question.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:24 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:50 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:48 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
No.

Please show me a question mark to donate a question.
If you read it correctly it is actually a statement not a question.
So a widely incorrect statement then.