Leon Scott

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

HarrytheQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Leon Scott

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:16 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12391101 ... ssion=true

A good article

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Leon Scott

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:02 pm

The last time I remember seeing him was when he got sent off at Blackwell Meadows. Rumour states that he went back to the dressing room and pulled the door off his hinges!

I remember him as a good player, he did well for us.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Was a great player for us and will always be held in high regard by our fans.
Best memory of Leon his goal at Whitby on that special night.
Worst memory being fouled and getting his ankle broken in the playoffs against Ramsbottom in the first minute.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:45 pm

A great player for us & a loyal servant. Although he didn't chip in with as many goals as perhaps he should have.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:00 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:45 pm
Although he didn't chip in with as many goals as perhaps he should have.
Just the 20/30 goals he chipped in with, suppose that’s not enough from CM :wtf: :shock:

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:11 pm

For obvious reasons I won't read the article but he apparently scored 20, 10 of them in 12/13 Andy. Fond memories, always got stuck in and always liable for a yellow card!

Glass half full

Post by Glass half full » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:26 pm

Agreed always gave 100% and a better footballer than many gave him credit for. Regarding goals he scored more than a number of other more technically gifted central midfielders we have had (e.g. Turnbull, Wheatley) and don't forget he had to fill in at left back on a fair number of occassions, so given that his role was as the ball winning defensive central midfielder I think his scoring record was pretty good. He will always be one of my Darlo legends and I have been watching for over 40 years.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:08 pm

Glass half full wrote:Agreed always gave 100% and a better footballer than many gave him credit for. Regarding goals he scored more than a number of other more technically gifted central midfielders we have had (e.g. Turnbull, Wheatley) and don't forget he had to fill in at left back on a fair number of occassions, so given that his role was as the ball winning defensive central midfielder I think his scoring record was pretty good. He will always be one of my Darlo legends and I have been watching for over 40 years.
Agree with this. Scott’s job wasn’t to score goals, and as you rightly say, he was used in defence a fair few times as well.

People said the same about Turnbull when he left, that he didn’t score enough goals. But that was also nonsense, proliferated by people with a narrow and incorrect view on the game.

And it’s not as if we weren’t short on goals in those first few post-demotion years. Our goal scorers did their job very well, Scott did his job very well.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY