Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Footifanreturns
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Northern Echo...get it wrong again

Post by Footifanreturns » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:07 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:14 pm
RustyAngel wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:16 pm
loan_star wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:35 am
RustyAngel wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:47 am
Anyways hope that's clarified a few things and I don't see why the dispute between fans of both club.
Any bad feeling is probably down to the Heed fans who were waving tenners at Darlo fans the last time we met at the arena when we were in the mire financially.
I have no gripe with Gateshead as a club or the fans who didnt turn into piss takers at that match. One other thing I dont like about Gateshead is that stadium that makes the arena feel like the best ground ever built!
Fair enough but that wasn't the majority and let's be honest both sets of supporters have a group of knackers.

The stadium isn't ideal and the away end is rubbish so I can fully see why away fans hate it. But I've been in a lot worse shitholes in non-league and the facilities themselves are well kept. The atmosphere in the home end is decent as we are tightly put together in one area of the stand and it makes a difference.
Theres worse grounds which now host football league clubs like grimsby and luton. Alfretons grounds a bit ram shackle too and i think that kettring stadium was done on the cheap, seen better in the northern league. Also the good availability of parking at thr international stadium is a plus point

Might as well play the games in the Car Park, there would be as much atmosphere 😂😂😂

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:50 am

shildonlad wrote:
RustyAngel wrote:
loan_star wrote:
RustyAngel wrote:
Anyways hope that's clarified a few things and I don't see why the dispute between fans of both club.
Any bad feeling is probably down to the Heed fans who were waving tenners at Darlo fans the last time we met at the arena when we were in the mire financially.
I have no gripe with Gateshead as a club or the fans who didnt turn into piss takers at that match. One other thing I dont like about Gateshead is that stadium that makes the arena feel like the best ground ever built!
Fair enough but that wasn't the majority and let's be honest both sets of supporters have a group of knackers.

The stadium isn't ideal and the away end is rubbish so I can fully see why away fans hate it. But I've been in a lot worse shitholes in non-league and the facilities themselves are well kept. The atmosphere in the home end is decent as we are tightly put together in one area of the stand and it makes a difference.
Theres worse grounds which now host football league clubs like grimsby and luton.
You really believe your athletics track is better than both the Grimsby and Luton football grounds.

Okay mate, lay off the gear and go back to bed :lol: :lol: Delusional as anything.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:50 am

AndyPark wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:50 am
shildonlad wrote:
RustyAngel wrote:
loan_star wrote:
RustyAngel wrote:

Theres worse grounds which now host football league clubs like grimsby and luton.
You really believe your athletics track is better than both the Grimsby and Luton football grounds.

Okay mate, lay off the gear and go back to bed :lol: :lol: Delusional as anything.
I dont think the football league would have a problem with the running track
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:15 am

shildonlad wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:50 am
AndyPark wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:50 am
shildonlad wrote:
RustyAngel wrote:
loan_star wrote:

I dont think the football league would have a problem with the running track
You've got to understand this isn't anyone picking on Gateshead. You did the sensible thing. Moved into a council owned ground that you dont pay and awful lot of rent on and is graded for whatever level you can reasonably achieve. But that doesnt make it a good football ground. Ask any fans who went to the Withdean while Brighton played there, it was voted one of the worst grounds. Ask us, we went to Rotherham at the Don Valley 2 or 3 seasons in a row and it was awful (and we used to win there all the time).

Been to both Luton and Grimsby. Both historic grounds with some quirks and character, you can forgive some of the quirks cause there is history around the ground. The tight compact seating, the small roofs which slope down keep in the noise. It gives a bit of a buzz to the match day experience. Give me characterful grounds any day of the week, rather than the identical bowls which are now considered the norm at Championship level and above and are filtering further and further down (Pride Park, The KC, the Riverside. Even the Arena soulless bowl etc).

Been to the international stadium 3 times and the only time there was ever an 'atmosphere' where you could actually hear the home fans was the Trophy semi final. And that required a crowd of a could of thousand in the home end. Any noise or atmosphere is lost instantly cause the roof is so high, the stands are so far apart and the view is so far from the action. As your fellow fan says the atmosphere might sound good where you're sitting packed together all shouting over each others heads. But I think you'd be disappointed if you stood the other side of the ground and realised what it sounds like by the time it gets to the away end.

If it makes you feel any better I think most would confirm you have the best track and field stadium in the league.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:24 am

JasonDeVos wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:38 pm
shildonlad wrote:
RustyAngel wrote:
loan_star wrote:
RustyAngel wrote:

Theres worse grounds which now host football league clubs like grimsby and luton. Alfretons grounds a bit ram shackle too and i think that kettring stadium was done on the cheap, seen better in the northern league. Also the good availability of parking at thr international stadium is a plus point
They are none worse than the international stadium.
Grantham

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:36 am

Gateshead's ground is terrible.

We'd heard that the side where the home fans are put might have been closed for our game that was called off, meaning we would have to go behind one of the goals. We'd decided either not to go or to sneak in as neutrals along with the home fans because being pushed right back into one of the running track ovals would be pants.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:15 am

Always had a soft spot for Gateshead due to being my mother’s birth place. Also think they were unfortunate to be demoted from the Football League in 1960 when they finished 3rd bottom 6 points above bottom placed Hartlepools. They have faced massive struggles since and have done well to survive and like us they seem to have had a series of dodgy owners.
They have always been massively in the shadows of the Toon and if the takeover succeeds and Newcastle ever becomes successful then even more so. So credit where it is due Heed have done well to keep going and even reached a playoff final in the National League a few years ago.
As for the stadium all I can say in homage to the Geordie language is “Hadaway and shite”

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:24 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:24 am
Grantham
Give me Grantham over the International Stadium any day! At least the stand on the far side is a size where you can get some sort of atmosphere going.

Footifanreturns

Post by Footifanreturns » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:25 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:15 am
Always had a soft spot for Gateshead due to being my mother’s birth place. Also think they were unfortunate to be demoted from the Football League in 1960 when they finished 3rd bottom 6 points above bottom placed Hartlepools. They have faced massive struggles since and have done well to survive and like us they seem to have had a series of dodgy owners.
They have always been massively in the shadows of the Toon and if the takeover succeeds and Newcastle ever becomes successful then even more so. So credit where it is due Heed have done well to keep going and even reached a playoff final in the National League a few years ago.
As for the stadium all I can say in homage to the Geordie language is “Hadaway and shite”

"Hadaway & Shite "
Aren't they a firm of Solicitors?
Possibly who Spendy is a Tea Boy for ?
Just asking for a friend 😉

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:46 pm

Footifanreturns wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:25 pm

"Hadaway & Shite "
Possibly who Spendy is a Junior Clerk for ?
Or possibly he is a senior partner as he seems to well versed in shite

Footifanreturns

Post by Footifanreturns » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:00 pm

Hadaway & Shite
I just promoted him to Tea Boy 😂

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:20 pm

At least the Northern Echo mentioned us, no mention of our efforts on the BBC. Perhaps if we'd been South Shields we'd have got a mention. :thumbdown:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:23 am

Footifanreturns wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:00 pm
Hadaway & Shite
I just promoted him to Tea Boy 😂
He isn't professional, more of a Lay Tea Boy

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:36 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:20 pm
At least the Northern Echo mentioned us, no mention of our efforts on the BBC. Perhaps if we'd been South Shields we'd have got a mention. :thumbdown:
Awwww Pete, did no one tell you what a good boy you are? Diddums😪😪

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:44 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:20 pm
Agree on that, s shields have been plugged to death by bbco
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:47 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:36 am
Gateshead's ground is terrible.

We'd heard that the side where the home fans are put might have been closed for our game that was called off, meaning we would have to go behind one of the goals. We'd decided either not to go or to sneak in as neutrals along with the home fans because being pushed right back into one of the running track ovals would be pants.
The traditional away end (east stand) was shut due to storm damage, i even felt sorry for fans been in the un-covered end in cold weather like the Blyth and oldham fans. Here hoping the east stand can get a new roof during this football shut down

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:33 pm

Footifanreturns wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:25 pm
Old Git wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:15 am

"Hadaway & Shite "
Possibly who Spendy is a Tea Boy for ?
Hadaway & Shite - pop group from the 90’s no?