Season VOIDED

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by spen666 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:16 am

banktopp wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:10 am
Mister e wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:00 pm
Fair point spen also hope when all this is over clubs are going to improve hygiene the bucks head at Telford is a disgrace the terraces absolutely littered with pigeon droppings I can't believe they haven't been roped in by health and safety officers.
To be honest I was more interested in the superb display by our team, rather than looking down at pigeon s***.
It is a new ground with good facilities and acceptably clean toilets. The fact there are some pigeon droppings is neither here nor there, unless you drop your chips.
Out of curiosity, I just looked up when it was built. It seems it opened in 2003, so is already 17 years old. Doesn't seem like its that old

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:34 am

The Arena was built around this time and the last time I went (3 years ago?) it looked tatty and tired.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:37 am

I wonder if GR's much loved Hesceelator works anymore.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:47 am

Spot on Sunday lunches though loid, I miss them.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:25 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:47 am
Spot on Sunday lunches though loid, I miss them.
So true plus the Corner Bar, I had some good days and evenings in there; the Arena wasn’t all negative!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:46 am

comeondarlo wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:25 am
the Arena wasn’t all negative!
We are drifting off topic here but we had a little spell at the start of The Arena where we would sit next to Matt Clarke's dad. When Matt scored the first Darlo goal ever and ran into the empty corner where no fans were at all, he stood up and shouted something like "that's my boy, that's my son"

He was always chipper and pleasant!
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:04 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:46 am
comeondarlo wrote:
We are drifting off topic here but we had a little spell at the start of The Arena where we would sit next to Matt Clarke's dad. When Matt scored the first Darlo goal ever and ran into the empty corner where no fans were at all, he stood up and shouted something like "that's my boy, that's my son"

Matt Clarke a brilliant player & so under appreciated.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:21 pm

Back on subject, I notice Rugby Union has managed to sort out their leagues in a sensible manner.
Although I accept their’s were easier to come to a conclusion that satisfied most.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:30 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:04 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:46 am
comeondarlo wrote:

Matt Clarke a brilliant player & so under appreciated.
I liked Matt Clarke but also remember his passing was rather hit and miss

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:24 pm

I used to like him for his last ditch tackles a bit like Kev Smith, but rarely gave away penalties.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:27 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:21 pm
Back on subject, I notice Rugby Union has managed to sort out their leagues in a sensible manner.
Although I accept their’s were easier to come to a conclusion that satisfied most.
You say that, but Ealing who are 2nd in Championship are seeking legal advice with a view to proceedings because they have been denied the chance ( very slim) of winning promotion

Not sure that is sorted.

Also the RFU say they have used a best playing record formula to decide the championship. Not sure what that is other than a PPG situation

Darlogramps

Season VOIDED

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:10 pm

spen666 wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:
You say that, but Ealing who are 2nd in Championship are seeking legal advice with a view to proceedings because they have been denied the chance ( very slim) of winning promotion

Not sure that is sorted.

Also the RFU say they have used a best playing record formula to decide the championship. Not sure what that is other than a PPG situation
Ealing are a side who always threaten legal proceedings. Never comes of anything, and they’ll peeing in the wind with this one too.

Falcons were so far ahead and undeniably were going to win the Championship. Plus, given the high profile coverage of Saracens’ rule breaches, the RFU would have wanted them relegated anyway. Not relegating them, regardless of the circumstances would have been politically catastrophic for them.

Interesting too given his previous comments in this thread that comeondarlo is praising rugby for finishing early with an incomplete season. The opposite to what he’s been arguing in this thread. Thought he would have said that lacked integrity, but seemingly not.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Since1954

Post by Since1954 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:09 pm

I have no real problem with ppg to decide things but do feel home games and away should be treated separately

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:41 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:10 pm
spen666 wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:

Not sure that is sorted.

Ealing are a side who always threaten legal proceedings. Never comes of anything, and they’ll peeing in the wind with this one too.

Falcons were so far ahead and undeniably were going to win the Championship. Plus, given the high profile coverage of Saracens’ rule breaches, the RFU would have wanted them relegated anyway. Not relegating them, regardless of the circumstances would have been politically catastrophic for them.

Interesting too given his previous comments in this thread that comeondarlo is praising rugby for finishing early. Thought he would have said that lacked integrity, but seemingly not.
“Praising’ that’s a strong interpretation of what I’ve said.
That said you do have a point.

I’m not invested in the Rugby Union club scene, in fact I couldn’t careless tbh. Plus their leagues were a lot easier to sort out fairly. Whereas football......
Belgium football have managed to resolve their issues although their circumstances were slightly different.
So from that stand point my opinion has moved slightly.....

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:08 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:41 pm
Darlogramps wrote:
spen666 wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:

Not sure that is sorted.

Interesting too given his previous comments in this thread that comeondarlo is praising rugby for finishing early. Thought he would have said that lacked integrity, but seemingly not.

I’m not invested in the Rugby Union club scene, in fact I couldn’t careless tbh. Plus their leagues were a lot easier to sort out fairly. Whereas football......
Belgium football have managed to resolve their issues although their circumstances were slightly different.
Interested in what you mean there. I go to Kingston park quite often, far more for league than union, but don't understand your comment that it was a lot easier to "sort out" their leagues. Apart from the fact the RFU have more control over the top clubs than the Know FA have with the prem there are still a lot of leagues and clubs to pacify.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:22 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:08 pm
comeondarlo wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:41 pm
Darlogramps wrote:
spen666 wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:

Not sure that is sorted.

Interested in what you mean there. I go to Kingston park quite often, far more for league than union, but don't understand your comment that it was a lot easier to "sort out" their leagues. Apart from the fact the RFU have more control over the top clubs than the Know FA have with the prem there are still a lot of leagues and clubs to pacify.
What I mean, is that it’s far less complicated to sort out. Some ‘decisions’ made were a given.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:52 pm

PL bottled it & leaving everything to someone else to make a decision. Pathetic.

Darlogramps

Season VOIDED

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:21 pm

jjljks wrote:PL bottled it & leaving everything to someone else to make a decision. Pathetic.
Stop being a twat.

What decision do you want them to make? No one knows when this pandemic will end and restrictions will be lifted. So what exactly do you want?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:20 am

If a player is furloughed, would he not have to continue with his current club in order to be paid? If so, how does this impact on contracts ending soon?

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:52 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:21 pm
jjljks wrote:PL bottled it & leaving everything to someone else to make a decision. Pathetic.
Stop being a twat.

What decision do you want them to make? No one knows when this pandemic will end and restrictions will be lifted. So what exactly do you want?
And who is this ‘someone else’. Spot on btw Gramps!

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:30 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Stop being a twat.

Its down to UEFA as they may well stop clubs competing in their competitions if their domestic leagues havent been completed.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:55 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:20 am
If a player is furloughed, would he not have to continue with his current club in order to be paid? If so, how does this impact on contracts ending soon?
They won't be paid after the end of their contracts until they are due to be paid again in the new season.

This isn't unexpected for the players though they won't have budgeted to be paid during the summer.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:32 am

shawry wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:30 pm
comeondarlo wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Stop being a twat.

Its down to UEFA as they may well stop clubs competing in their competitions if their domestic leagues havent been completed.

I think in Belgium they've told UEFA that they are finishing no matter what, so UEFA are having a rethink about this.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:44 am

I was reading that if the Premier League doesn't finish the season, it will cost them £740m, that could have something to do with it?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:52 am

The Premier League are giving out £125,000000 to the EFL and Non League.

I wonder how much of that we will see?

And whether it's based on lost gate reciepts?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:04 am

Yes I wonder how much will filter down to our level. Presumably Championship and League 1 and 2 clubs will get the majority of the money but hopefully there will be enough left over for significant help to NLN.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:07 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:32 am
shawry wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:30 pm
comeondarlo wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Stop being a twat.

I think in Belgium they've told UEFA that they are finishing no matter what, so UEFA are having a rethink about this.
It’s the other way round!
Belgium want to finish early, there’s only one game left plus play offs.
UEFA want everyone to act together and finish the current season, they threatened to ban Belgium clubs from Europe next season. Belgium FA are now rethinking their decision.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:42 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:The Premier League are giving out £125,000000 to the EFL and Non League.

I wonder how much of that we will see?

And whether it's based on lost gate reciepts?
That's a lot of money

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:00 am

BBC Sport page -
"Premier League are giving £20m to NHS and advancing their £125m payments to EFL and National League, which would have taken place in August"

"Advancing" I don't know what this means. Or anything else about it TBH.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:58 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:BBC Sport page -
"Premier League are giving £20m to NHS and advancing their £125m payments to EFL and National League, which would have taken place in August"

"Advancing" I don't know what this means. Or anything else about it TBH.
The pl give that every August, this year they are giving it early, but thst just shifts the problem, certainly for leagues below us who have no more games.