Our banana munching "friends"

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

EDJOHNS
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:39 pm

I see on Sky sports news that Hartlepool have made some staff redundant and asked the rest to take a 20% cut in pay.
Wonder if this is the start of a replay of 2011. Would make a good excuse if he is wanting to cut the wage bill by a chunk.

Darlo_Pete

Re: Our banana munching "friends"

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:40 pm

I'm sure many clubs will be using the pandemic as a reason for getting players to take wage cuts & laying off non-playing staff. I don't think a 20% pay cut is too bad, it could have been far worse for their players.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:27 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:40 pm
I'm sure many clubs will be using the pandemic as a reason for getting players to take wage cuts & laying off non-playing staff. I don't think a 20% pay cut is too bad, it could have been far worse for their players.
Does this 80% figure mean that the staff are just getting the government subsidy, and the club are paying feck all? :roll:

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:51 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
It was the laying staff off that made my ears prick up. Had they done this last week it would have made a lot of sense, but now the government are picking up the tab in the interim why lay people off? (Sack people in common parlance).

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 am

Reading the lengthy article in today’s Echo which contains an interview with their Chief Executive Mark Maguire it looks like Raj is using the current crisis as a good opportunity to scale back his investment. Maguire says “ There is a commitment from the chairman to support the club financially but at a level he is comfortable with”.
Maybe this is just sensible financial management or could it be the beginning of the end of the love affair between Raj and Pools. We need to look after our own affairs but if I were a Monkey Hanger I would be getting a bit nervous right now given his past record.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:25 am

I think the ape abusers are a bit safer than what we were at the time Radged was our chairman.

1 Their crowds are 3,000+, our were just under 2,000 - so there is more income there.

2 I imagine that Vic Park doesn't cost as much to run as the Arena did - so less expense there.

More income + less expense = a smaller sum required to keep the club afloat.

A 3rd variable may be that Radged is richer now than what he was 7 or 8 years ago as well, so may feel willing and able to fund things for longer.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:25 am
I think the ape abusers are a bit safer than what we were at the time Radged was our chairman.

1 Their crowds are 3,000+, our were just under 2,000 - so there is more income there.

2 I imagine that Vic Park doesn't cost as much to run as the Arena did - so less expense there.

More income + less expense = a smaller sum required to keep the club afloat.

A 3rd variable may be that Radged is richer now than what he was 7 or 8 years ago as well, so may feel willing and able to fund things for longer.
All valid points, but wages will also in all probability be a chunk more per person than back in 2011-12

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:31 am

Some absolute half wit called P.J.Poolie has been slagging us off re our fund raising on The Bunker forum, very distasteful.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:46 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:31 am
Some absolute half wit called P.J.Poolie has been slagging us off re our fund raising on The Bunker forum, very distasteful.
PJ used to post on on Uncovered on virtually every post to dangle a worm.
Not sure if he left of his own accord or if he was helped on the way.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:59 am

THIS IS WHAT HE WROTE. I QUOTE IT HERE WITH NO COMMENT EXCEPT TO SAY MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND.

PJPoolie
Post subject: Re: Coronavirus BlacklistPostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:26 pm

Darlington FC.

A global pandemic, people dying, people losing jobs uncertain times that effect everybody in the World, unprecedented.

Yet they are still rattling buckets actually asking fans to buy virtual tickets for games that are postponed not just for home games but away as well. I have never been a fan of this fan owned model malarkey but they are more like registered charity than a football club these days. I reckon this one is step too far at the moment. Football is way down on list or priorities it’s cringeworthy to do this, financially they are clearly right on the seat of their pants like a lot of clubs and I’m aware it’s down to choice but if this was Pools begging it would piss me right off!!

It’s like a pub asking you to pay for the virtual pints you would have supped as you are Wednesday night regular at a time when everyone is in the same boat. Every penny raised for anything right now should be focused on nothing other than returning our lives back to normal.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:24 am

I'm sure, if owners putting money into football club to keep things going is such a bad thing, PJ Poolie will be encouraging Raj Singh not to put any money into Hartlepool over this period. Of course, this would mean Hartlepool go bust, but there we go.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:50 am

al_quaker wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:24 am
I'm sure, if owners putting money into football club to keep things going is such a bad thing, PJ Poolie will be encouraging Raj Singh not to put any money into Hartlepool over this period. Of course, this would mean Hartlepool go bust, but there we go.
Post that on the poolie board and wait for the bites. :lol: :roll:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:46 pm

PJ Poolie often featured in the ROH & posted regularly on here.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:43 pm

P.J. Poolie has the intellect of a discarded tea bag.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:15 pm

al_quaker wrote:I'm sure, if owners putting money into football club to keep things going is such a bad thing, PJ Poolie will be encouraging Raj Singh not to put any money into Hartlepool over this period. Of course, this would mean Hartlepool go bust, but there we go.
Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Would it also be churlish of me to point out our players will receive 100% of their wages through this, whereas Hartlepool have made staff redundant and cut wages.

Fair play to Poolies though. They know all about social distancing, given they’ve socially distanced themselves from any sort of trophy for decades.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:24 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:31 am
PJ used to post on on Uncovered on virtually every post to dangle a worm.
Not sure if he left of his own accord or if he was helped on the way.
He flounced off when he was made a fool of, promising never to return. He then returned, was made a fool of again, and then flounced off again if I remember correctly.

I seem to remember he reappeared here briefly when Raj bought Poolie to let us know we were all wrong about Raj.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:26 pm

joejaques wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Does this 80% figure mean that the staff are just getting the government subsidy, and the club are paying feck all? :roll:
A lot of businesses are doing this, which is perfectly sensible and fair as these staff are not working for the period they are furloughed.

80% of your pay to do little/no work so that you have half a chance of keeping your job long term is reasonable for most. Chances are 20% can be saved by not going out, not paying for travel etc.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:33 pm

Just spoke with my boss today and this 80% thing apparently isn't as clear cut as the government and media are telling us... Im currently sat at home as my work place is closed and i won't be getting a penny as up to now from the government.. I can't claim any benifits as my wife earns to much allegedly so im basically screwed over for no fault of my own.. Obviously things within my company may change over next few days... People's lifes are more important so ill just ride it out for as long as need to

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:00 pm

karlo-cardiff wrote:Just spoke with my boss today and this 80% thing apparently isn't as clear cut as the government and media are telling us... Im currently sat at home as my work place is closed and i won't be getting a penny as up to now from the government.. I can't claim any benifits as my wife earns to much allegedly so im basically screwed over for no fault of my own.. Obviously things within my company may change over next few days... People's lifes are more important so ill just ride it out for as long as need to

How so?

My understanding is that your employer should pay you as normal and then claim the 80% (of up to £30k) back from the government. Obviously there's an issue there if your employer has cash-flow issues or doesn't have immediate liquidity to pay wages until grants can be accessed.

DC

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:01 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:43 pm
P.J. Poolie has the intellect of a discarded tea bag.
I know a few people like that.

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Our banana munching

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:17 pm

Spyman wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:00 pm
karlo-cardiff wrote:Just spoke with my boss today and this 80% thing apparently isn't as clear cut as the government and media are telling us... Im currently sat at home as my work place is closed and i won't be getting a penny as up to now from the government.. I can't claim any benifits as my wife earns to much allegedly so im basically screwed over for no fault of my own.. Obviously things within my company may change over next few days... People's lifes are more important so ill just ride it out for as long as need to

How so?

My understanding is that your employer should pay you as normal and then claim the 80% (of up to £30k) back from the government. Obviously there's an issue there if your employer has cash-flow issues or doesn't have immediate liquidity to pay wages until grants can be accessed.

The devil's in the detail. Martin Lewis (the money saving expert) reckons that the government are going to really try and help where they can. I'm hoping that they might help me a bit, and they probably could do and should should do but remembering back to previous experiences, I'm not holding my breath!
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:47 am

More sackings by Raj Singh today at HUFC. Some are going down badly with the fans.

I can’t understand why he is not using the government furlough scheme?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:57 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:47 am
More sackings by Raj Singh today at HUFC. Some are going down badly with the fans.

I can’t understand why he is not using the government furlough scheme?
Avoiding scrutiny by HMRC? :lol: :roll:

falguni 222

Marshalls Feedback Survey

Post by falguni 222 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:12 am

Marshalls Feedback Survey is an official customer feedback portal introduced by the Marshalls Department store company that allows its customers and visitors to share visiting experience and customer satisfaction feedback online.

https://surveytaker.info/www-marshallsfeedback-com/